Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puss In Boots - 8/12/2011 1:05:28 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Flashman - 8/12/2011 1:05:28 PM   
Frank Comiskey

This moggie is dead & deceased - it has expired and has ceased to be; they are truly flogging a dead cat; after the Third & Fourth Shrek fiascos, (what WAS the point of Number 4?) they really should have known better, what a puss-take, no more lives, time to visit the vet and jag Dreamworks out of our misery.................(if you can't get away with such lines at Christmas, when can ya???????????????).

Haven't seen it; probably will. Two stars in-expectation.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Flashman - 8/12/2011 1:05:29 PM   
Frank Comiskey

This moggie is dead & deceased - it has expired and has ceased to be; they are truly flogging a dead cat; after the Third & Fourth Shrek fiascos, (what WAS the point of Number 4?) they really should have known better, what a puss-take, no more lives, time to visit the vet and jag Dreamworks out of our misery.................(if you can't get away with such lines at Christmas, when can ya???????????????).

Haven't seen it; probably will. Two stars in-expectation.

Post #: 3
Puss in Boots - 13/12/2011 4:38:52 PM   
scarletsmith

Frankly, it's a far better movie than it deserves to be (I was 100% not looking forward to this and was dragged along by family--now I'm thankful they did). Cute, funny, fun, and almost makes you forget how bad the previous Shrek drek was.

7/10 -- worth at least one look.

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 4
RE: Puss in Boots - 20/12/2011 9:16:18 AM   
blackduck

Way better than I was expecting , not all  of the jokes worked, but they didn't need to as this was an action movie first comedy second. Loved all the spagetti western riffs. Even little moments like Jack and Jill discussing having a baby were brilliant. Solid three stars, possibly four

I am but an egg.

(in reply to scarletsmith)
Post #: 5
Puss in Boots Review - 28/12/2011 5:28:25 PM   
the film man

It isn't deep or groundbreaking, but what it lacks in profundity Puss in Boots more than makes up for with an abundance of wit, visual sparkle, and effervescent charm.

Post #: 6
- 12/1/2012 10:18:00 PM   
TheGodfather

Puss in Boots
This was nothing at all the dissapointment I expected it to be. Really didn`t expect too much of it on forehand (it being a spin-off and all) but I like it. Of course the story is predictable but it was well worked out, the characters were (again) predictable and the humor was good.
Of course it wasn`t on par with the first two Shrek films but this is a fun film nonetheless.

6,8/10

Post #: 7
RE: - 2/4/2012 9:11:03 PM   
Ref

After buying the DVD on Friday, must admit I wasn't expecting much - it was just basically to coo and aww over an animated cat. Why yes, I am a mental cat lady. But I found this surprising entertaining.

The story, whilst not top-notch, was good and enjoyable. As mentioned the voice cast worked well and the animation was great.

3.5/5 for me.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 8
Great fun - 3/7/2012 10:09:17 PM   
Caster

Had me laughing out loud - I don't understand the negativity in these reviews. Better than the last two Shreks by a mile.

Post #: 9
- 13/10/2013 1:21:35 PM   
Darren47

You have to praise the writers for taking the film places. But it has the exact same problem as Shrek Forever After. It just's go's way to short. Minius a star for that.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Puss In Boots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI