Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Band of Brothers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Band of Brothers Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Band of Brothers - 5/8/2008 10:17:47 PM   
Timon

So who spotted the two 'Brothers' in The Dark Knight?

They were both in the ferry scene but on seperate boats. Cobb was on the civilian ferry and Talbot was on the convict ferry. Both had close up shots. I was rather surprised to see two members of Easy Company seconds after each other.

Who's going to be in the next one? Damien Lewis as The Riddler? Bill Guarnee as The Penguin? Actually that's not a bad idea....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 151
RE: Band of Brothers - 6/8/2008 8:01:41 AM   
Castor Troy

Ha. I noticed Cobb. He even had a speaking part! But I failed to notice Talbot.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 152
RE: Band of Brothers - 7/8/2008 11:35:59 PM   
Stalla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

So who spotted the two 'Brothers' in The Dark Knight?

They were both in the ferry scene but on seperate boats. Cobb was on the civilian ferry and Talbot was on the convict ferry. Both had close up shots. I was rather surprised to see two members of Easy Company seconds after each other.

Who's going to be in the next one? Damien Lewis as The Riddler? Bill Guarnee as The Penguin? Actually that's not a bad idea....

HA! I totaly had a freak out when I saw them. Espesh since i was in the middle of rewatching my BOB DVDs and was prior to entering the cinema screen rabbitting on to my friend about how the guys from BOB dont seem to be doing much after the show, except maybe spears in gossip girl or something which was just a total waste of talent....and then this!!

Although my friend didnt recognise talbot having not watched BOB for a couple of years...so I had to remind her "it's the bloke from renford rejects!"

I am Jack's raging bile duct.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 153
Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 10/11/2008 11:09:45 AM   
xim123

I've just noticed that BBC2 are showing Band Of Brothers on Monday and Tuesday nights for the next (5?) weeks.  I've still never seen this so I'm looking forward to finally seeing it...

My Film Diary

(in reply to Stalla)
Post #: 154
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 10/11/2008 4:51:40 PM   
Castor Troy

Let's also give a shout out to the Band Of Brothers Bluray that's out today. I've bought it for my brother so won't be able to check it out until xmas day. But at 38, it's a steal.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 155
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 10/11/2008 5:52:16 PM   
Timon

38 is very good but I'm very happy with my R1 DTS set... plus I don't have a Blu-Ray player, but if there was a series I'd buy, it would be Band of Brothers.

This or From The Earth To The Moon...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 156
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 10/11/2008 11:20:35 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: xim123

I've just noticed that BBC2 are showing Band Of Brothers on Monday and Tuesday nights for the next (5?) weeks.  I've still never seen this so I'm looking forward to finally seeing it...

But not in Scotland, the BBC just like to fuck with me every now and again. My hatered of them grows with each passing day.

EDIT: Okay so it is on in Scotland but from 00:20 to 01:20 an hour later that in England. The bastards (BBC not England).

< Message edited by matthewforan -- 10/11/2008 11:23:04 PM >

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 157
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 12/11/2008 10:03:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I just spent yesterday watching the entire series for the first time. (Well, I started at 11pm the previous evening and watched two episodes, and I actually finished at 12.30am this morning, but you get my meaning.)

All I can say is wow. And, what a fool I've been. Firstly to not have seen this already, and secondly to have had it on DVD since last Christmas and not watched it. I want to watch the documentaries now and then, at some point, actually watch the whole thing start to finish with no breaks except loo/lunch breaks. Absolutely awesome stuff.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 158
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 12/11/2008 10:05:39 AM   
Jim

I've watched it on DVD several times but haven't seen it in over a year, I'm appreciating catching it on BBC2 every night! There are so many good moments in this series, I remember.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 159
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 27/12/2008 6:22:14 PM   
Joedini

Just picked this up on a blind buy. Im assuming i've done the right thing?

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 160
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 27/12/2008 6:27:16 PM   
Sean Archer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Your life, as you know it, won't get any better after Episode 10.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 161
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 27/12/2008 6:29:23 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sean Archer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Your life, as you know it, won't get any better after Episode 10.

Well you've now convinced me not to watch episode 10! Not ready to peak just yet

(in reply to Sean Archer)
Post #: 162
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 27/12/2008 6:35:25 PM   
Joedini

Ross is a bastard!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 163
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 27/12/2008 7:29:52 PM   
Zaphod121

I bought the boxset today, watched for the first time mid last year, haven't seen it since, me thinks after I finish Sopranos Season 4 this will be getting a re-watch.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 164
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 20/1/2009 6:16:30 PM   
Scabby

Hey just watched this on Blu-ray and haven't seen the show since the original airing (although I don't think I saw every episode). It was amazing!!! I loved it and how the characters progress through the series is just so captivating. The action is superb and the cast are all fantastic.

Funny how you recognise everyone but can't quite place them (I looked at the beginning of the thread and realised the gobby soldier is from the WKD ads). I have to say there were some outstanding episodes, although I found 8 and 9 to be my least favourite. Also back before the series came out, I swear I remember a promotional photo in the paper of Tom Hanks as a soldier appearing in the series!?!

Anyway favourite characters; Gotta go for Bull, Malarkey and the doc. I just can't wait for The Pacific, hopefully it delivers as well as this series, if so we're in for a treat.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 165
RE: Band of Brothers: TONIGHT 10/11/08 BBC2 11:20 - 20/1/2009 9:15:23 PM   
richCie

Gaonorreah is my favourite. the dvd's stopped working on my PC on episode 6 weeks ago(my dvd drive is very temperemental and i still havent gotten round to watching them on the dvd player downstairs...
but it is immense.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 166
RE: Band of Brothers - 2/3/2009 4:46:16 PM   
Timon

Me and the girlfriend went to Normandy last year and we went to loads of the battle sites and memorials including the huge 101st Museum near Utah Beach in St Mary Eglise and a smaller one in Carrentan.

Also last year, when I went on a road trip to Switzerland with a couple of friends, we stopped for lunch in Haganeau.

I made sure to get plenty of pictures, a couple of which are below. The bridge is Pegasus Bridge... very famous if you know your D-Day history.

< Message edited by Timon -- 2/3/2009 6:09:17 PM >

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 167
RE: Band of Brothers - 2/3/2009 5:46:14 PM   
Sway

My jealousy knows no bounds Timon.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 168
RE: Band of Brothers - 2/3/2009 6:18:08 PM   
Timon

How about this then for the BoB fanatics?

Yeah, that's Winter's actual jacket....

And that circled section - Babe Heffron's and Guarnere's signatures. It's a bar near Utah Beach where tons of vets hung out on the 60th Anniversary. Signed every section of the place!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 169
RE: Band of Brothers - 2/3/2009 6:46:05 PM   
Castor Troy

I would have made them an offer on that coat.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 170
RE: Band of Brothers - 2/3/2009 7:05:53 PM   
themightyhutch

We bought this for my Dad last year (I had no idea what I was getting into), and because I only wanted to watch it with him, it has taken us a year to finally get there. It was rather pointless, considering we had forgotten bits of it, but after a few days of being ill, i've started to watch it again. I've just finished episode 5, and I had forgotten how phenominal the entire series is. Not a dull moment in it.

George Luz is just a briliant character in my eyes, I think that Rick Gomez needs more roles.

Post #: 171
RE: Band of Brothers - 3/3/2009 8:25:25 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm so jealous Timon!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 172
RE: Band of Brothers - 3/3/2009 9:29:09 AM   
Castor Troy

Winters is 91! I don't think he'll ever die.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 173
RE: Band of Brothers - 3/3/2009 9:35:03 AM   
Timon

You're tempting fate, Castor....

How many of Easy Company are still alive? I know Carwood Lipton died a few years ago.

Post #: 174
RE: Band of Brothers - 3/3/2009 9:38:41 AM   
Castor Troy

That's what I was just trying to find out. There's not many of the main ones I don't think. Wild Bill I think. 

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 175
RE: Band of Brothers - 3/3/2009 9:41:24 AM   
Timon

http://www.506infantry.org/Memorial/lastrollcall.htm

Post #: 176
RE: Band of Brothers - 10/3/2009 9:19:06 AM   
Timon

Scott 'Malarky' Grimes has been cast as Will Scarlett in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 177
RE: Band of Brothers - 10/3/2009 9:25:26 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

That's what I was just trying to find out. There's not many of the main ones I don't think. Wild Bill I think. 

It's only vaguely related, but I was reading yesterday that there are only 2 surviving British veterans from WWI.  It was quite a poignant realisation.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 178
RE: Band of Brothers - 19/5/2009 4:14:45 PM   
Timon

If you want to know what the various BoB actors are doing now, I found this rather cool site.

http://groupofguys.dhak.net/index/guys/

For example, people forget Michael Fassbender (Hunger, 300, Centurion, Inglorious Basterds) was Sgt. Burton 'Pat' Christenson.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 179
RE: Band of Brothers - 6/6/2009 9:18:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just thought I'd let people know that Band Of Brothers (Tin Version) on Blu Ray is only 24.99 at Play.com, a bargain!

I've just ordered two, one for me when my shiny new PS3 arrives and one for my dad on fathers day. He'll love it. Band Of Brothers will be taking my Blu Ray virginity, can't wait!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Band of Brothers Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI