Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bay Close To Transformers 4 Deal?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bay Close To Transformers 4 Deal? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bay Close To Transformers 4 Deal? - 7/12/2011 7:51:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Only one thing to say really - 7/12/2011 7:51:37 AM   
danielcharlwood

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr x Infinity + errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
what could have been... - 7/12/2011 8:32:46 AM   
ronniem

The franchise needs a new director...a fresh perspective, not Bay who keeps treating his audience as if they don't have a single brain cell. This series could have been something in the right hands. For starters, no one cares about any of the characters at all,and at no point do you feel they're in any danger. Shawn Levy managed to do it in Real Steel, making the audience genuinely care about both the human and robot characters(despite the robots not being able to speak). Just makes you wonder how much more this series could have been in the right hands, not just the mind-numbing , long, relentless action sequence it turned out to be.

Post #: 3
- 7/12/2011 9:05:33 AM   
D.J

Screw T4 and this other project, i want Bad Boys 3!

Post #: 4
Unconvinced - 7/12/2011 9:44:53 AM   
Moronifighter

I'm secretly hoping or a new director to see what fresh spin they can add but it was Bay who brought in those, with every sequel increasing, Box office takings, so that's where Paramount won't want to gamble.

(in reply to D.J)
Post #: 5
- 7/12/2011 9:47:24 AM   
sweetladybrick

Can it be fun? Giant robots wailing on each other, rather than blurry unfocused action scenes and a dreadful sense of foreboding. The first one was great fun. The rest were bloated garbage.

Post #: 6
- 7/12/2011 9:57:02 AM   
Whistler

So in order to do Pain and Gain he has to sign on to direct two films - must be nice! I wouldn't mind seeing Bad Boys 3 either.

Post #: 7
No More Punishment - 7/12/2011 10:28:54 AM   
burtbondy

The last two were the worst sequels ever made. Its time to move on. Another one by Bay is madness. Raimi messed up once with Spiderman 3 and he was out. Even though i thought Spiderman 3 was the best of the series. gRANTED I HATED THE FIRST TWO.

Post #: 8
RE: - 7/12/2011 10:31:31 AM   
Schimchs

If Bay takes the job, I wonder if he'll start talking about how this one "will be better than the last one", "have a much stronger story", and "have no more stupid moments"...

All the pre-release hype about having learnt lessons from number 2, and we still had annoying 'comedy' robots, way too many human characters, and the most obvious plot twists in the 3rd one. And I still couldn't tell the difference between the robots when they were on screen (does that make robotist ? )

"When we get to twenty tell me, I'm gonna throw up"

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 9
Please give this to someone else... - 7/12/2011 12:33:51 PM   
Revstar

...or all of the memories of my childhood will be left battered and bleeding in a dark and unpleasant alleyway of Bay's making. Perhaps lets give it to someone who can actually direct a coherent film...?

Post #: 10
- 7/12/2011 12:41:35 PM   
roobarb

Oh give it up! He got lucky with the first one but has proven himself to be the worst person for the job since. His brand of style over substance has only spawned only mediocre movies (and often not even that!) in his tiresome career.

Post #: 11
RE: - 7/12/2011 12:59:13 PM   
Wild about Wilder

As they're planning on doing 4& 5 back to back surely that means he'd be back for both!

(in reply to roobarb)
Post #: 12
My Christmas Wish... - 7/12/2011 1:08:54 PM   
nucleargibbon

Dear Michael Bay. TF2 and 3 were truly awful. Please go away. That is all.

Post #: 13
WTF? - 7/12/2011 1:25:14 PM   
Fozola

The only way I can see this paying off is dump the boring-assed robots and have a Megan Fox/Huntington Whitely Lezfest instead! Let's face it, their collective ass wigglings are what made the cash for the first three! In fact throw in the Aussie bird and that robot-chick from 2 as well....then blow them all to fuck....Quality!!!

Post #: 14
- 7/12/2011 1:36:35 PM   
anonymoose4eva

you lot need a day off. it's a film about robots turning into cars. if you want deep meaningful life changing film wait for the sundance festival every year. transformers was never going to have much story as its based on... TOYS. As a minimum they were visually tip top and gave me two hours off forgetting about the world. Chill out shakespereites

Post #: 15
RE: - 7/12/2011 2:16:46 PM   
FoximusPrime

So we should pay our tenner to watch the next incoherent, unedited pile of cinematic shit and be grateful?

And that's coming from a Transformers fan who actually liked the first film.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to anonymoose4eva)
Post #: 16
what's the point? - 7/12/2011 2:42:13 PM   
artilleryman

It's been done now. Three times over in fact. Who really needs another Transformers movie?

Post #: 17
Three words... - 7/12/2011 2:47:26 PM   
TOPOI

Care...Factor...Zero!!!

Post #: 18
RE: Three words... - 7/12/2011 3:00:02 PM   
Cool Breeze

Please just stop it now.Someone knock some sense into the idiots who own this franchise and reboot it with a decent director(and more importantly,screenwriter).Oh and make a fllm which is actualy about the Transformers and not annoying ''comedy'' characters.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to TOPOI)
Post #: 19
- 7/12/2011 3:14:17 PM   
Tootled

I agree others, a new director needs to be brought in, do something different. Bay will do the same thing over and over, and IMO, it's getting tiresome.

Post #: 20
RE: - 7/12/2011 3:37:01 PM   
Spaldron

Oh piss off Bay!!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Tootled)
Post #: 21
- 7/12/2011 4:57:52 PM   
roobarb

Just because this is a film based on an 80s toy and cartoon doesn't mean we can't want more from it. Movies are built from stories. If there isn't a story there then don't make it. Unfortunately Michael bay is happy to play with the toys but doesn't want to tell a GOOD story. Another director at the helm is needed urgently!

Post #: 22
RE: - 7/12/2011 5:34:31 PM   
coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: anonymoose4eva

you lot need a day off. it's a film about robots turning into cars. if you want deep meaningful life changing film wait for the sundance festival every year. transformers was never going to have much story as its based on... TOYS. As a minimum they were visually tip top and gave me two hours off forgetting about the world. Chill out shakespereites

"Hey, it doesn't matter that the film was boring, poorly edited, acted, scripted and generally obnoxious, because it's based on an inherently silly premise!"

Uh, no. Just because the film is about "robots turning into cars" doesn't mean that it is allowed to be total utter fucking drivel. Transformers might not have a duty to be intelligent, thought-provoking or life-changing, but it should at least be entertaining, and (for me) it certainly didn't manage that.

(in reply to anonymoose4eva)
Post #: 23
Get away from us.... - 7/12/2011 5:44:09 PM   
nKutzler

The fact that Dark of the Moon did so well should have meant they should start the search for a new, much better director, not that Bay should come back. We all know the robots are why people can't help but come back- the people (and bots) have been offensive, racist, in the way, and very Michael Bay-y. If Spiderman reboots after very successful run, TF should get the movies it deserves, helmed by someone who understands how to make movies.

Post #: 24
RE: RE: - 7/12/2011 5:53:26 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schimchs
And I still couldn't tell the difference between the robots when they were on screen (does that make robotist ? )

No, you were probably concussed from Michael Bay's visual fecundity. It happens...

The only Transformers film I enjoyed was the first one. Hopefully Mr. Bay can reflect on what made it the most enjoyable/least irritating (for those of that persuasion) and put it into a fourth film.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 8/12/2011 12:50:23 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Schimchs)
Post #: 25
Reboot The Whole Thing - 8/12/2011 10:45:29 AM   
BenTramer

I was watching the first Transformers movie with that gorgeous Aussie chick in it. She said: "Oy could spind the rest of moy loyfe in jayol." They need a new writer, Ehren Kruger wrote the last 2 and he's a hack responsible for Scream 3. No wonder the franchise went downhill. Get the original writers back, the first Transformers was very good.

Post #: 26
Why God, WHY??? - 8/12/2011 12:16:12 PM   
The Watcher

Best thing about Bay going back would be having to listen to Kermode's inevitable rant :)

Otherwise - I actually feel physically sick.

Post #: 27
RE: Why God, WHY??? - 8/12/2011 12:18:06 PM   
Wild about Wilder

He's already tweeted about that & a Mick Hucknell x-mas song?

(in reply to The Watcher)
Post #: 28
RE: Why God, WHY??? - 8/12/2011 12:47:28 PM   
garvielloken

Give the franchise to Chris Nolan. Or Terence Malik 

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 29
RE: Reboot The Whole Thing - 8/12/2011 12:54:44 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

I was watching the first Transformers movie with that gorgeous Aussie chick in it. She said: "Oy could spind the rest of moy loyfe in jayol." They need a new writer, Ehren Kruger wrote the last 2 and he's a hack responsible for Scream 3. No wonder the franchise went downhill. Get the original writers back, the first Transformers was very good.

Haha

Our antipodean cousins might be blessed with sporting accolade, but speech isn't one of their strongpoints.

I actually liked her character and the hacker guy. I thought the sequels had a dearth of interesting human characters. Too much  focus on Sam Wicketstumpythingymajig.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bay Close To Transformers 4 Deal? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI