Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film - 6/12/2011 7:44:32 PM   
Timon

Pete Doctor (Director of Up and Monsters Inc) is helming Pixar's next ambitious project.

Not much is known about it, except what John Lasseter has let slip - "It is a new film that takes place inside of a girl's mind and it is about her emotions as characters, and that is unlike anything you've ever seen."

The official release is: Pixar takes audiences on incredible journeys into extraordinary worlds: from the darkest depths of the ocean to the top of the tepui mountains in South America; from the fictional metropolis of Monstropolis to a futuristic fantasy of outer space. From director Pete Docter ("Up," "Monsters, Inc.") and producer Jonas Rivera ("Up"), the inventive new film will take you to a place that everyone knows, but no one has ever seen: the world inside the human mind.

While it is not much to go on, films in and about the mind are very vogue with the likes of Inception and A Dangerous Method. This plus Pixar makes me very intrigued.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film - 6/12/2011 7:56:49 PM   
JIm R

I don't mind what they do next, as long as the title Cars 3 is kept away from any meeting or drawing board

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film - 6/12/2011 8:06:30 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Not much is known about it, except what John Lasseter has let slip - "It is a new film that takes place inside of a girl's mind and it is about her emotions as characters, and that is unlike anything you've ever seen."

Kind of unless you've seen Driessen's superb Boy Who Saw the Iceberg? Where one half of the screen is him transforming his world and what he thinks about it into an imaginative world where he plays it out? It's not far off linking his imagining of his teacher to his emotional response to him.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Pixar's "Inside The Mind" Film Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI