Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 5/4/2012 1:28:14 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

*cough*

Gimmie a break man!

I was actually meant to do it today but shit happened. I'm on it.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 61
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 9/4/2012 6:56:40 PM   
Spaldron

# 7

Title - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Year - 1988
UK Chart - # 1
Line Up
Bruce Dickinson vocals
Dave Murray guitar
Adrian Smith guitar
Steve Harris bass
Nicko McBrain drums
Tracks
1. "Moonchild"
2. "Infinite Dreams"
3. "Can I Play with Madness"
4. "The Evil That Men Do"
5. "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"
6. "The Prophecy"
7. "The Clairvoyant"
8. "Only the Good Die Young"

Maiden's last classic album for at least a decade would be a bitter-sweet affair, representing both Maidens creative and commercial peak for the era and also signalling the end of the classic line up and the sharp decline that was to follow. It was also their first and technically only concept album to date (although later albums contained various running 'themes' none were officially named as concept pieces). Dealing with the folklore of the Seventh Son (more or less) and themes of mysticism, alchemy, good and evil and the supernatural, this baggage could have easily dragged the album down into Genesis-like prog territory. However it is saved by some of the best hooks and melodies of Maidens career, to the extent that it is probably their most commercial sounding album so far.

Martin Birch outdoes himself in the production stakes bringing a clean and shiny sound to the songs while not sounding overproduced. Recorded in Munich instead of their usual Nassau studio probably helped, you can practically hear that efficient German engineering in the mix, the drums and vocals in particular sound crisp and precise (and quite 80's in could be argued, there's a lot of reverb in there). The band also add to their sound by employing full keyboards this time around as opposed to its predecessor which only use guitar synths. It definitely brings a new depth to some of the more epic tracks although whether of not this dates album is up for debate. Derek Riggs does his last truly great cover artwork on this, evoking a vast Arctic wilderness which the band would fully incorporate into their (biggest yet) stage show on the 7th Tour of a 7th Tour.

Moonchild opens the album brilliantly, a fantastic track on full throttle with a great intro and some superb drum work by Nicko McBrain. Infinite Dreams, a semi-ballad and the albums first epic has some classic Maiden time and key changes and Steve Harris inspired rhythms. After this were into the hit singles territory with the double whammy of Can I Play With Madness? and The Evil That Men Do, both instant and all time classics. The former could technically be considered Maidens first proper radio friendly single, at just over three and a half minutes long and featuring a big sing-along chorus it made it all the way to # 3 in the UK singles chart. The latter has the more traditional Maiden gallop with the duel guitar attack bringing with it another massive chorus that has continued to ring around stadiums ever since.

The title track is probably Maidens best epic of the 80's, excluding Mariner obviously. Nearly ten minutes long and featuring some superb vocal work by Bruce Dickinson (just listen to chorus to see why) and an entirely instrumental second half with some mind bending time signatures and rhythms courtesy of Harris, it really stands out as not only an album highlight but Maidens highpoint of musical skill and technical ability for years to come. The Prophecy could be considered as a bit of a filler, its definitely the weakest track of the album but compared to some of the stinkers they would write in the coming years its virtually a classic and at least has some great guitar work in the intro. The Clairvoyant makes up for it with a great bass intro and some rather upbeat guitar work from Murray/Smith this would be the third of four top twenty singles released from the album, a record Maiden have never topped since.

Closing on the awesome Only The Good Die Young the album definitely goes out with a bang. With some magic harmonies and drumming what we're left with is, in my humble opinion, Maidens finest album. To me this tops Number of the Beast as being their definitive album of the decade and ever since, having just the right mix of classic material, sound production, tracklisting and musicianship as well as being their last album the 80's having some significance. The band would go on one of their biggest world tours on the back of this, culminating in a triumphant (and tragic) headlining show at the Donington "Monsters of Rock" festival to a record crowd. After the tour Adrian Smith would quit the band to pursue a solo career and be replaced by the energetic Janick Gers. Their follow up to Seventh Son.... would be the bands first duff album and the beginning of the bands long downhill slide that was the 90's.

Highlights - Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

10/10

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 62
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 10/4/2012 2:02:33 PM   
jediwarrior

Love Seventh son from start to finish. You're correct with it being one of the best I can never decide between this and NOTB as to what is my favourite album.

Interesting to see that the next tour Maiden are doing is another Early days tour and will feature the set from Seventh son, can't wait to see that tour. Also must mean that Maiden England the live concert from the Seventh son tour will finally be released on DVD.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 63
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 10/4/2012 2:07:41 PM   
Invader_Ace

Woah, woah, woah.

If Powerslave doesn't get a 10 out of 10, then neither does anything else!  The only way to correct this is give Powerslave 11/10.

Post #: 64
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 10/4/2012 2:54:33 PM   
jonson

Great write up Spaldron.

quote:

Love Seventh son from start to finish. You're correct with it being one of the best I can never decide between this and NOTB as to what is my favourite album.

Agree with both comments. 7th Son came around at a time when my music tastes were radically changing, so it was a difficult listen to me at first, far too polished and moing towards prog-rock and silly lyrics and away from what I loved about Maiden in the first place.
Upon listening to it some 25 years later, I do actually agree it's my second favourite Maiden album (NOTB will always be my favourite I think) I've recently stuck it on my Iphone and listened to it on a long journey a few weeks back. I remembered why I didn't like it then, but realised it is actually a very good record and in all honesty I think it was the last Maiden record I ever bought on its first day, such was my excitement.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 65
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 10/4/2012 5:13:46 PM   
Rebel scum

Great write-up, Seventh Son is my favourite Maiden album.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 66
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 14/4/2012 5:38:26 PM   
Spaldron

# 8

Title - No Prayer for the Dying
Year - 1990
UK Chart - # 2
Line Up
Bruce Dickinson vocals
Dave Murray guitar
Janick Gers guitar
Steve Harris bass
Nicko McBrain drums
Tracks
1. "Tailgunner"
2. "Holy Smoke"
3. "No Prayer for the Dying"
4. "Public Enema Number One"
5. "Fates Warning"
6. "The Assassin"
7. "Run Silent Run Deep"
8. "Hooks in You"
9. "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter"
10. "Mother Russia"

Oh dear, the 90's have arrived. That's probably what Maiden were saying to themselves after starting said decade off on such a wobbly footing. No Prayer.... couldn't have been further away from the glories of its mighty predecessor if it tried. Out with the world class production and epic material and in with what the band described as a more "stripped down" (see; shite) sound and "back to basics" (see; uninspired) songs. This was also the first Maiden album to feature the fretboard talents of Janick Gers, replacing Adrian Smith (who wisely quit during pre-production, unhappy with the direction the band were going in) making this the first line up change since 1983. While Janick brought his own freestyle of playing to the Maiden sound and his unquestionable live charisma, one cant help but notice the lack of Smiths precision guitar tones in there.

Recorded at Barnyard Studios (quite literally a barn in the grounds of Steve Harris' mansion estate) the album certainly sounds like it was done on the cheap. After the flash production and big synth led epic numbers of Seventh Son... the band chose to return to the more basic aesthetics of their early material, they just forgot to write good material. The songs themselves go for a more straight up rock n' roll feel (with Dickinson even changing his vocal style to suit the new direction) as opposed to the complex time changes and rhythm structures Maiden were know for which, sadly made for a very bland sounding album where songs become interchangeable as the album drags on. Producer Martin Birch cant be blamed for the albums bad sound, he had to work with what he was given, in particular having to use a mobile studio (due to them being in a fucking barn).

The artwork is particularly uninspired compared to Derek Riggs' previous efforts. Here we're just given a pre-lobotomy Eddie (so did Piece of Mind never happen then?) rising from the grave, something which we've seen done before and done better on Live After Death. No big epic canvases to pour over for hidden messages or to be expanded on for the live tour. In fact, keeping with the new stripped back look, Maidens subsequent world tour stage set consisted of just a simple backdrop and a wall of Marshall amps, far removed from their previous mega stage designs. As for the songs themselves, we'll go through the decent ones first, it shouldn't take long.

Opener Tailgunner is a fun track despite suffering from nursery-rhyme lyrics ("Fly into the sky, Never wonder why"). Holy Smoke, the first single is a solid, straightforward rock tune with some amusingly political lyrics and some decent guitar work. Mother Russia has some good moments and comes as close to being a proper Maiden epic as you're going to get here and the title track also has some good melodies. The album highlight has to be the semi-classic Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter. Originally written for Dickinson's solo album (you can hear the alternative version of the song on the bonus disc of The Best Of Bruce Dickinson) it was ultimately nicked by Harris for Maiden, achieving the bands one and only # 1 hit single (so far), and at Christmas no less! This was in despite of being banned by the BBC (presumably protecting the nations delicate ears).

The rest of the album sadly falls flatter than a pancake. Tracks like Public Enema Number One and Fates Warning are instantly forgettable and go nowhere musically while The Assassin is just plain rubbish. Run Silent Run Deep and Hooks In You have little to offer and should have been relegated to B-sides. Its odd to see a band fuck up so badly but after such a long run of high points I suppose it had to come crashing down eventually. No Prayer.... isn't Maidens worst album by a mile but it certainly comes close and its telling that the band haven't played a single live track off it in years. Things would pick up after this, if only temporary. One to forgive and forget overall.

Highlights - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter, Holy Smoke

4/10

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 67
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 14/4/2012 6:32:12 PM   
horribleives

There's a couple of tracks on here I love (Tailgunner, Public Enema Number One, the Infinite Dreams-lite title track, the delightfully poppy Hooks In You) and it always holds a fond place in my heart as it was on this tour that I first saw them live but yeah, overall it was the first time I'd been disappointed with a Maiden album. Also, by 1990 virtually every metal band on the planet had written a song about TV preachers so to use it as the topic for the first single seemed a bit lazy to me. And yes, The Assassin is pure shit.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 68
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 15/4/2012 7:52:05 AM   
DancingClown

Excellent work, sir.

A lot of love for Seventh Son. I think my favourite track is Infinite Dreams, personally. Title track is awesome, if a little cheesy - but in a good way. Love Moonchild, especially the killer intro, although the lyric "hear the Mandrake scream" does make me giggle. Although recently I've been appreciating The Prophecy a lot more, I just love the rustic acoustic lead-out.

As for NPFTD...well...

It's not that bad...well maybe it is. I do like Tailgunner a lot but what amuses me is that the highlights Spalds listed are actually my least favourite tracks, especially Bring Your Daughter, which I find excruciating and tacky. Plus I actually like Running Silent, Running Deep, don't ask me why. But yeah The Assassin is balls. And while the title track is listenable Harris basically expanded it on the next album to much better effect.

Plus I thought the album art had some some geezer with a lantern being strangled? Mine does.

quote:

No Prayer.... isn't Maidens worst album by a mile

Hmm...I wonder which one could be.....

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 69
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 15/4/2012 1:03:34 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Excellent work, sir.

A lot of love for Seventh Son. I think my favourite track is Infinite Dreams, personally. Title track is awesome, if a little cheesy - but in a good way. Love Moonchild, especially the killer intro, although the lyric "hear the Mandrake scream" does make me giggle. Although recently I've been appreciating The Prophecy a lot more, I just love the rustic acoustic lead-out.

As for NPFTD...well...

It's not that bad...well maybe it is. I do like Tailgunner a lot but what amuses me is that the highlights Spalds listed are actually my least favourite tracks, especially Bring Your Daughter, which I find excruciating and tacky. Plus I actually like Running Silent, Running Deep, don't ask me why. But yeah The Assassin is balls. And while the title track is listenable Harris basically expanded it on the next album to much better effect.

Plus I thought the album art had some some geezer with a lantern being strangled? Mine does.

quote:

Mine too, they changed it for the re-issue years later because apparently their manager Rod Smallwood never liked the original. Though what the fuck it had to do with him I don't know.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 70
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 12:44:44 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Both Blaze albums I would think. I don't even own those.

NPFTD. Yes a very strange album. I remember at the time Maiden said they were going for a live sound for the record but I don't think it sounded like that.

I caught Bring your daughter video on Kerrang over Easter weekend, I like the song but I cringe at it a bit.
My Girlfriend who is not a Maiden fan once pointed out about that song being No1 and the title of it, I pointed out to her yes it got to No1 but it would not even make my top 20 maiden tracks.

I suppose Holy Smoke, Bring your Daughter and Hooks in you are my fav tracks from this album.

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 71
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:16:28 PM   
emogeek

quote:

I do

Good coasters are hard to find these days you know

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 72
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:17:50 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

I do

One of the Blaze albums is pretty good, the other not so much.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 73
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:20:43 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

I do

These are the only two Maiden studio albums I don't own. Is the music really terrible as well or is it just his crap voice that ruins it all? I can't think of anything more disappointing than seeing them live at that time and having to suffer someone else singing Number Of The Beast or Can I Play With Madness?

< Message edited by horribleives -- 18/4/2012 4:21:11 PM >

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 74
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:23:43 PM   
shatnerhamster

In defence of the Blaze years, X Factor has 'Sign of the Cross' and 'Man on the Edge', both of which are good songs.
Virtual XI, on the other hand, is the only Maiden album without a single memorable track.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 75
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:26:14 PM   
emogeek

To be fair to them, they're not terrible.

Just doesn't feel like Maiden, and I never found that Bailey's voice seemed to gel with the music.

The fact that I still own them is testament to the fact that I don't hate them

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to shatnerhamster)
Post #: 76
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 18/4/2012 4:39:30 PM   
horribleives

Aye, I always thought - with or without Bruce - they were on a downward slide from No Prayer... onwards anyway, which was only accelerated by the arrival of Bailey. Never been much of a fan of Fear Of The Dark either. Again, like its predeccessor, it features a couple of great songs but there's a lot of anonymous crap on it and while the title track's a canny tune in the vein of earlier epics like Hallowed Be Thy Name, I did think, even as a 14 year old, that I'd prefer my metal bands to be tackling slightly more adult and edgy issues than being scared to sleep with the light off. Thank god Bruce left before he had a chance to record his follw-ups - Big Dogs and Sand In My Eyes.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 18/4/2012 4:41:15 PM >

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 77
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 19/4/2012 1:22:26 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
I can't think of anything more disappointing than seeing them live at that time and having to suffer someone else singing Number Of The Beast or Can I Play With Madness?

The first time I saw Maiden was in '98 with Blaze and they were awesome. He was a solid frontman its just that he wasn't Bruce. I think Blaze gets a lot of unnecessary stick for being there when Bruce bailed so in essence he became the fall guy for all of Maidens troubles at the time.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 78
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 19/4/2012 1:12:49 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

These are the only two Maiden studio albums I don't own. Is the music really terrible as well or is it just his crap voice that ruins it all?

I actually really like X-Factor, there are some good songs on there. Virtual XI is fairly gash, though, but that's more to do with the songs themselves; even Bruce couldn't have saved them. Blaze didn't have a bad voice at all, it just wasn't as distinct as Bruce's and didn't really suit the Maiden vibe. But I agree with Spalds about Blaze getting a rough deal. He had impossible shoes to fill, and Bruce's split was far from amicable, so there were a lot of bruised egos around.

Looking forward to Spaldy's appraisal of FOTD. Here To Eternity surely has to be one of the tackiest Maiden songs ever, yes?

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 19/4/2012 1:20:58 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 79
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 19/4/2012 2:21:01 PM   
Brundlesflies

I've been dipping into this thread for a few weeks now, & just wanted to congratulate you Spaldron on some great write ups.
I was a big Maiden fan during my teenage years, starting off with Powerslave (NotB is my fave) and culminating in spending a very soggy but happy few hours somewhere in a field in Leicestershire
(still got the ticket stub... )

7th Son was the last Maiden album I bought & must admit they fell out of favour with me & I went down the GnR/LA Metal road which led to grunge etc and it was a long time before I even thought about Maiden. But I downloaded their Somewhere in Time album last year & it brought all those good times back - as has this list - now I'm off to iTunes to pick up Live After Death - "Screeeeeeeeam for me Long Beach!!!!"

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

Post #: 80
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 19/4/2012 3:59:55 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

I've been dipping into this thread for a few weeks now, & just wanted to congratulate you Spaldron on some great write ups.
I was a big Maiden fan during my teenage years, starting off with Powerslave (NotB is my fave) and culminating in spending a very soggy but happy few hours somewhere in a field in Leicestershire
(still got the ticket stub... )

7th Son was the last Maiden album I bought & must admit they fell out of favour with me & I went down the GnR/LA Metal road which led to grunge etc and it was a long time before I even thought about Maiden. But I downloaded their Somewhere in Time album last year & it brought all those good times back - as has this list - now I'm off to iTunes to pick up Live After Death - "Screeeeeeeeam for me Long Beach!!!!"

That's awesome, my big brother was at that legendary Donington show and I so envy him. Its a shame they've never officially released the footage from that concert, there's only a shaky video-camera version on yt.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 81
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 19/4/2012 4:22:48 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

That's awesome, my big brother was at that legendary Donington show and I so envy him. Its a shame they've never officially released the footage from that concert, there's only a shaky video-camera version on yt.

Maiden did film it but will never release it due to a couple of fans killed during the G N'R set earlier in the day. The Donington concert a few years later (FOTD tour I think) has been released on Video.

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 19/4/2012 4:23:57 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 82
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 1:49:36 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Maiden did film it but will never release it due to a couple of fans killed during the G N'R set earlier in the day. The Donington concert a few years later (FOTD tour I think) has been released on Video.

Yeah I've got the '92 Donington video (may review it at somepoint) and I know about the '88 tragedy. Still I think enough time has passed and seeing as they're re-touring Maiden England this and next year and presumably to follow will be the third in their "early years" dvd remasters, they may decide to finally release it on dvd I hope.

Post #: 83
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 2:31:33 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I've got the '92 Donington video (may review it at somepoint) and I know about the '88 tragedy. Still I think enough time has passed and seeing as they're re-touring Maiden England this and next year and presumably to follow will be the third in their "early years" dvd remasters, they may decide to finally release it on dvd I hope.

I do hope so! A lot of tragic accidents/ deaths/ suicides happened like that back in the day and famous bands like The Rolling Stones still released (correct me if I'm wrong) their Altamont Music Festival video. Enough time has indeed passed and I'm sure it won't offend any one or be detrimental in any way to Maiden.

Can't wait to catch them (fingers crossed) next year also!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 84
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 8:42:10 AM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

I do hope so! A lot of tragic accidents/ deaths/ suicides happened like that back in the day and famous bands like The Rolling Stones still released (correct me if I'm wrong) their Altamont Music Festival video. Enough time has indeed passed and I'm sure it won't offend any one or be detrimental in any way to Maiden.

Would be great if they did - I can understand their reticence, but agree that enough time has probably passed. Can't really see anyone claiming they were cashing in on tragedy. I'd certainly buy a copy, would be good to compare the reality to the rose/alcohol/age-tinted version that currently resides in my creaking memory

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 85
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 9:03:24 AM   
jediwarrior

I'd buy the Donington 88 DVD if it was released as well. I'd love to see it. I think the Maiden England DVD from Birmingham NEC will be released instead to cover that tour.

Post #: 86
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 9:28:36 AM   
Russ Whitfield

)

I was there. Happy days, made it right down the front for WASP - which was dangerous cos the bottles of piss really started to fly when they came on.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 87
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 11:12:44 AM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

I was there. Happy days, made it right down the front for WASP - which was dangerous cos the bottles of piss really started to fly when they came on.

Think WASP was the year before (Bon Jovi headlined as I recall)
'88 was Helloween, Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dave Lee Roth, Kiss & Maiden

There was however a major piss/bottle storm when Megadeth were on I seem to remember

My DVD's

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 88
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 11:18:38 AM   
Russ Whitfield

I must have been tonked on the head with a bottle of piss - I don't remember going two years on the bounce, but I must have, cos I definitely saw Maiden and GNR and definitely saw WASP. But I don't remember Dave Lee Roth at all from those gigs. Mad.

The good old 80s...

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 89
RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. - 20/4/2012 12:49:06 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Would be great if they did - I can understand their reticence, but agree that enough time has probably passed. Can't really see anyone claiming they were cashing in on tragedy. I'd certainly buy a copy, would be good to compare the reality to the rose/alcohol/age-tinted version that currently resides in my creaking memory

Absolutely. Would be a shame if they didn't!

Art

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Spaldy's Iron Maiden Album Rundown. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI