Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The FA Cup 2011/12

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> The FA Cup 2011/12 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/12/2011 5:03:37 PM   
Rinc

So the third round draw has been made:

Middlesbrough v Shrewsbury
Nottingham Forest v Leicester City
Manchester City v Manchester United
Dagenham & Redbridge/Walsall v Millwall
Crawley v Bristol City
Doncaster v Sutton Utd/Notts County
Bristol Rovers v Aston Villa
Tottenham v Cheltenham Town
Sheffield Wednesday v West Ham
Milton Keynes Dons v QPR
Hull City v Ipswich Town
Coventry v Southampton
Brighton v Wrexham
Fulham v Charlton Athletic
Birmingham v Wolves
Norwich v Burnley
Arsenal v Leeds United
Derby v Crystal Palace
Fleetwood/Yeovil v Blackpool
Swindon v Wigan
Barnsley v Swansea
Chelmsford/Macclesfield v Bolton
Newcastle v Blackburn
Everton v Tamworth
Sheffield United v Salisbury City/Grimsby
Liverpool v Southend/Oldham
Gillingham v Stoke
Chelsea v Portsmouth
Watford v Bradford
Peterborough v Sunderland
West Brom v Cardiff
Reading v Stevenage

The standout is obviously Man City v Man Utd but my main interest is in the Liverpool v Southend. My first team versus my second team, the place where I was born versus the place I've spent about 20 years of my life living.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]
Post #: 1
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/12/2011 9:46:18 PM   
juanvasquez

Looking forward to making the trip to Goodison Park. I don't expect anything but a hammering, but I reckon Tamworth will put up a decent fight. The money will be good if it goes into stadium improvements like the chairman has said it will. Especially if it's televised.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 2
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 10:57:03 AM   
jediwarrior

It be good for Tamworth to play against a team with a lower transfer budget than them

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 3
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 11:51:46 AM   
ChickMagnet

I am considering the trip to Bramall Lane, that's only like half an hour to an hours journey from here, would have preferred a Premiership team though.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 4
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 12:53:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

The standout is obviously Man City v Man Utd

Its a shame that in many cases, the bigger teams are drawn at home. So Charlton might still upset Fulham, but a home game would have suited better. Ditto for Leeds, Arsenal, where I don't see an upset, but could have been a very interesting game.

Drawn at home, the Birmingham Wolves derby could be interesting. And I'm sure Blackburn are already throwing their game against Newcastle to concentrate on the league

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 5:09:22 PM   
jonson

quote:

Ohhh to add to Forest's woes. Relegation fodder and hammered at home in the FA Cup. Fingers crossed.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 6
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 5:26:34 PM   
superdan

At least three serious derby matches in that draw, should be ace.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 7
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 5/12/2011 11:40:45 PM   
Olaf

To paraphrase the words of a wise man, 'why always Leeds'

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 8
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 6/12/2011 10:37:05 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

To paraphrase the words of a wise man, 'why always Leeds'

I'm hoping for a draw so I can attend a replay at Elland Road

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 6/12/2011 12:21:19 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Ohhh to add to Forest's woes. Relegation fodder and hammered at home in the FA Cup. Fingers crossed.

Don't Forest get a by into the last 16, due to the fact that they are such a big club?

Apparently, you might not have heard, they won the European cup a couple of times.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 6/12/2011 2:34:02 PM   
jonson

Yes, they are still living on that one Bob. Almost as bad as Spurs and Liverpool fans living off their glory years

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 11
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 6/12/2011 3:56:55 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Yes, they are still living on that one Bob. Almost as bad as Spurs and Liverpool fans living off their glory years

Wow you learn something new everyday. I never knew Tottenham has enjoyed glory years.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 12
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/12/2011 4:31:11 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Wow you learn something new everyday. I never knew Tottenham has enjoyed glory years.

That depends solely on how you define "glory years."

A tie away to Fulham is one that I am really looking forward too. A London derby against a decent prem team in what should be a good atmosphere and us having a good chance of a shock result. It's what we fought so hard in the last two rounds for so I hope we throw caution to the wind and give it a good old go.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 13
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 3/1/2012 10:57:33 PM   
juanvasquez

Well it's almost FA Cup day again, and the hype machine is pretty much in full swing around here. Looking forward to it, even if it is the less glamorous of the Liverpool teams .

4100 tickets have been sold to Tamworth fans so far. There was only 1000 at the game on Sunday. And that was the highest attendance (that I've been present at) since the first Saturday home game of the season. Why most of these 'fans' can't attend league games is beyond me!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 14
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:07:55 PM   
Goodfella

We sold out all 7,000 tickets for the trip to Fulham a few days after they went on sale. Shame the game's not on tele, Chelsea took the Sunday game after West London police met with club officials to decide upon which game would be played on which day. Still I'm looking forward to it, I have a lot of respect for Fulham, they're a very stable football club and a very determined team, they've played some great football in recent weeks after a questionable start and with players like Brede Hangaaland and Clint Dempsey (the latter of which if he was English would be in Capello's team for next summer in my view) they don't just beat teams like Arsenal on luck (or bad refereeing Wenger!). I don't know if they plan to rest this weekend, in some ways I hope they don't, this will be a real challenge for us and give our players an experience of the level they could be setting their sights on playing in come a few years time.

I think we could get a shock but we'll have to work our socks off to do it.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

Post #: 15
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:17:37 PM   
Scott_

Can't wait ruin Thierry Henrys Arsenal return....

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 16
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:21:48 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

After the stuffings you've been getting in the league recently (what is going on btw!? Met up with my Leeds mate last week and he reckons you just can't get a solid back four together...) it wouldn't surprise me if you follow up United last season with a win against Arsenal.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 17
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:30:20 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

After the stuffings you've been getting in the league recently (what is going on btw!? Met up with my Leeds mate last week and he reckons you just can't get a solid back four together...) it wouldn't surprise me if you follow up United last season with a win against Arsenal.

Thats the problem, been like that for 2 years now and it's really costing us, last season we had a "we'll score more than you" play style, now the defence has got worse and we can't keep that up. Arsenals defence is equally terrible without Vermaelen so yeah, anything could happen. Expect goals!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 18
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:33:13 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats the problem, been like that for 2 years now and it's really costing us, last season we had a "we'll score more than you" play style, now the defence has got worse and we can't keep that up. Arsenals defence is equally terrible without Vermaelen so yeah, anything could happen. Expect goals!

I take it the strikers are a bit of an issue as well, I haven't seen Beechio on the scoresheet as much as I thought I would this season. Do you still have that Bassone player, god he was bloody terrible on loan for us, glad we sent him straight back? How's Lloyd Sam doing?

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 19
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 4/1/2012 2:43:12 PM   
Scott_

Becchios not started enough to get the goals, a combination of injuries and Ross McCormack keeping him on the bench. Sam is doing well on the bench too. We've just signed Andros Townsend on loan so I don't know what that says about Lloyd but it can't be good.

I think we shipped Bessone out back to Swansea, I honestly don't remember half the shit that goes in and out of Leeds.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 20
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:00:59 PM   
juanvasquez

Well that was a fun day out. Tamworth fans were totally up for it! Absolutely ripping the piss out of Phil Neville for some raisin. I wasn't in on the joke, but it was frickin funny, and he was game and giving it back. May have lost 2-0, but put up a hell of a fight, and the penalty was very questionable, but no use moaning. Great atmosphere and even a lot of the Everton fans stayed behind and applauded the team.

I hope the highlights are more than just a goals round up because a lot of the chants were very funny. It was actually a pretty decent ground too. I've been to a few premier league grounds now, but that wasn't the worst!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 21
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:06:06 PM   
HughesRoss

Was thinking of you today Juan.....glad u enjoyed it mate!  Sorry about the result!

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 22
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:12:07 PM   
juanvasquez

Cup run was getting silly anyway, need to get back into form in the league [/genericfootballtalk]!

Not disappointed whatsoever. It was a great game and the money will do wonders for the club.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 23
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:15:45 PM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lord Kos says "shuddup yo face"

Seriously though, should be a good game(s) - really enjoyed the two matches last year so hoping for more of the same this time.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 7/1/2012 9:16:30 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 24
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:15:55 PM   
HughesRoss

How much money should  the club make mate?

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 25
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:19:39 PM   
juanvasquez

I believe it's in the hundreds of thousands, if not more. The chairman has pledged to put it towards stadium improvements. And my does it need them!

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 26
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 7/1/2012 9:28:07 PM   
HughesRoss

Awesome!

Post #: 27
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 8/1/2012 12:01:50 AM   
directorscut

They're going to make me watch this entire goddamn show before I can see the Ben Arfa goal, aren't they?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 28
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 8/1/2012 1:15:21 PM   
impqueen

Didn't look Red to me...

Yes, always.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 29
RE: The FA Cup 2011/12 - 8/1/2012 1:17:20 PM   
superdan

Yep, yet more dreadful refereeing that threatens to ruin an highly promising game

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> The FA Cup 2011/12 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI