Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dark Knight Rises Prologue Confirmed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Prologue Confirmed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dark Knight Rises Prologue Confirmed - 2/12/2011 6:45:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 2/12/2011 6:45:35 PM   
josh_d92

is this prologue unrelated to the movie, i.e a brief explanation of what happens in the eight years which the dark knight and TDKR or an actual scene from the upcoming film, i hope so because i do not want to see a scene from a movie i have to wait

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
IMAX - 2/12/2011 7:56:18 PM   
durelius

Oh what not Brum then, probably becuase they've dropped the Imax banner and called it something else, dissapointing, Dark knight was awesome there.

Post #: 3
- 2/12/2011 8:27:35 PM   
manufan

@ josh_d92 It's the opening 6 minutes, a la Jokers bank heist from the start of TDK.

Post #: 4
- 2/12/2011 8:30:01 PM   
FindingNoemi

and yey for us in sweden... we dont have IMAX...

Post #: 5
RE: IMAX - 3/12/2011 8:45:19 AM   
Fit Kisto

quote:

ORIGINAL: durelius

Oh what not Brum then, probably becuase they've dropped the Imax banner and called it something else, dissapointing, Dark knight was awesome there.

Yeah, great timing on that, eh? The story behind Birmingham no-longer being an IMAX is that the projector cost too much for them to rent and turn a profit (They only made any money from the venue during Avatar's run) So they had to downgrade to stay in business.

So, if you live in the Midlands and want to see Anything shot in the IMAX format, it now means a trip either London or Manchester.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to durelius)
Post #: 6
RE: IMAX - 3/12/2011 9:51:37 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Surprised they're showing it with M.I.4 as don't think it's a W.B film & will only help they're box-office?

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 7
RE: IMAX - 3/12/2011 5:07:28 PM   
durelius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fit Kisto

quote:

Yeah, great timing on that, eh? The story behind Birmingham no-longer being an IMAX is that the projector cost too much for them to rent and turn a profit (They only made any money from the venue during Avatar's run) So they had to downgrade to stay in business.

So, if you live in the Midlands and want to see Anything shot in the IMAX format, it now means a trip either London or Manchester.

Oh wow so they aren't even showing IMAX format films anymore, even more dissapointing so that means they probably won't show DKR there anyway when it comes out. It would be hard to justify the travel expense to go to Manchester or London to see a film.

I'm not going to nuke the dog!

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 8
- 4/12/2011 12:44:33 AM   
smakris04

I wonder how much Paramount paid to Warner to get these six minutes played before MI4.
10? 20? 60 millions? I guess we'll never know but I bet that at least 50% of MI4's weekends Gross -at least in America- it will be because of the batboy!

Post #: 9
- 4/12/2011 1:10:05 AM   
callumoakabywright

Wooop! got my M.I.4 BFI Imax Ticket for the 21st!

Post #: 10
RE: IMAX - 4/12/2011 7:36:39 AM   
Fit Kisto

quote:

[

Oh wow so they aren't even showing IMAX format films anymore, even more dissapointing so that means they probably won't show DKR there anyway when it comes out. It would be hard to justify the travel expense to go to Manchester or London to see a film.

Birmingham will still show the usual lineup of mainstream studio releases, just anything shot specifically in the IMAX ratio (like the tower climbing scene in Mission Impossible IV) will only be displayed in the regular format. Sorry to be misleading.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to durelius)
Post #: 11
Who cares? - 4/12/2011 12:44:33 PM   
JensonJet

The last Bat film was dull, pretenious nonsense! I can't believe this actually classed as news-worthy. Still, perhaps it serves as a useful notice that arriving late to see M.I.4 isn't going to be a problem.

Post #: 12
RE: Who cares? - 4/12/2011 1:11:56 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: JensonJet

The last Bat film was dull, pretenious nonsense! I can't believe this actually classed as news-worthy. Still, perhaps it serves as a useful notice that arriving late to see M.I.4 isn't going to be a problem.

You can't believe the opening few minutes of what will probaby be the biggest film of next year is newsworthy? Really?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to JensonJet)
Post #: 13
Ok I can understand - 5/12/2011 1:49:24 PM   
Noelg25

Glasgow, London and maybe Manchester. But BRADFORD?!?!? Really??? What's wrong with Gateshead? We boast the biggest IMAX digital screen outside of London and they don't even acknowledge that with the prologue? Shocking. Never mind.

Post #: 14
RE: Ok I can understand - 5/12/2011 4:12:10 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noelg25

Glasgow, London and maybe Manchester. But BRADFORD?!?!? Really??? What's wrong with Gateshead? We boast the biggest IMAX digital screen outside of London and they don't even acknowledge that with the prologue? Shocking. Never mind.

IMAX Digital isn't IMAX. That's kind of the point of this promo, to show what the native IMAX footage looks like on an actual IMAX screen. They want it shown on the proper 70 ft IMAX screens. Most IMAX Digital screens are just glorified multiplex screens. Some as little as 5 ft higher than a normal screen. I know you can get bigger ones but they are nothing like proper IMAX screens.

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2009/05/screencompa-(2).jpg

That's the difference in many cases and it's HUGE! Yet some of them still charge for an IMAX ticket.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 5/12/2011 4:18:06 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 15
RE: Ok I can understand - 9/12/2011 9:19:11 AM   
Noelg25

Ok fair enough. Still tho, as much as I would love to see the Prologue, I won't be going to Bradford or anywhere else to see it. I will do what I did for The Dark Knight: pretend I know nothing of the prologue and just await the release of the film itself.*

*in actual fact I didn't know a prologue was done for The Dark Knight.

Man Of Steel will rock!

2013 is Superman's year!

Metropolis, IL here I come for Superman Celebration!!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Prologue Confirmed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI