Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

News On The Dark Knight Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> News On The Dark Knight Rises Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
News On The Dark Knight Rises - 21/11/2011 2:26:20 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: CAN'T WAIT, SOUNDS AWESOME..... - 21/11/2011 3:28:00 PM   
lukeyboy

Result based fighting technique?? That just says it all - this is gonna be so fucking awesome it's untrue!!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!
Post #: 2
RE: HMM..MMMM..NOT LISTENING - 21/11/2011 4:00:12 PM   
JIm R

This. Will. Rock.
Post #: 3
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 4:32:16 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

The only problem its going to have is that its going to be as stupid as the first two.

....and the award for the dumbest comment ever goes to.......

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!
Post #: 4
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 4:43:24 PM   
burtbondy

So you are judging intellect on Nolan's Batman films? Dork.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 4:49:12 PM   
lukeyboy

Nope, I'm judging the comment you made based on the comment you made! It's really quite simple - as you clearly are!

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 6
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 4:50:46 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

The only problem its going to have is that its going to be as stupid as the first two.

Unless you care to elaborate, I believe this constitutes ‘Trolling’ no?

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
Post #: 7
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:13:11 PM   
Spaldron

There goes the theory that it takes place literally hours after TDK finishes.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 8
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:13:14 PM   
burtbondy

Nope, you're judgeing my comment against batman to be the dumbest comment ever made therefore in you're book batman is the  pinnacle of all intelligence.Why don't you turn your computer off now and have a little lie down before you become more confused.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:18:14 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

Nope, you're judgeing my comment against batman to be the dumbest comment ever made therefore in you're book batman is the  pinnacle of all intelligence.Why don't you turn your computer off now and have a little lie down before you become more confused.

No feed El Troll amigos.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 10
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:26:04 PM   
burtbondy

Is this praise for The Dark Knight Rises only thread??You  Authoritarian troll.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 11
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:26:34 PM   
elab49

Not rating the first 2 Nolan Batmans highly and just saying isn't necessarily trolling - I'd rate them boring and decentish but overlong respectively, myself.

But, Burtbondy, that can be done without namecalling and attacking other posters - so please moderate your posting style, thank you.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 12
RE: Good luck to him. - 21/11/2011 5:53:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Not rating the first 2 Nolan Batmans highly and just saying isn't necessarily trolling - I'd rate them boring and decentish but overlong respectively, myself.

But, Burtbondy, that can be done without namecalling and attacking other posters - so please moderate your posting style, thank you.

Yeah, but you hate movies.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 13
The dark knight returns - 22/11/2011 3:27:32 PM   
archie119

Cant wait for this! i'm intrigued by it being set 8 years later, considering that Bale and the rest of the cast obviously aren't that much older since the last movie but its very intriguing, maybe it will have elements of Frank Millers The dark knight returns?? Normally movie sequels try to lessen the years that have passed between movies so that the characters are made to seem younger than they actually are! Good to see Nolan going in a totally different direction.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 14
RE: The dark knight returns - 23/11/2011 4:05:51 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Not really how I feel about the 8 year gap but it puts into the context the line in the teaser "The Batman must come back" "What if he doesn't exist anymore..."

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to archie119)
Post #: 15
Getting worried - 23/11/2011 6:03:19 PM   
smcdonagh

The more I hear, the more I think this could be Nolan's first misfire. 8 years later? Batman during the day? Catwoman? I'm getting the vibe that Nolan is moving away from the reality perspective that made the first two work. This could be a huge disappointment! Too much expectation.

Post #: 16
RE: Getting worried - 23/11/2011 7:19:50 PM   
Woger

The 8 year gap is strange but it might be a way to expaiin away the joker.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to smcdonagh)
Post #: 17
Here's a thought - 24/11/2011 5:19:00 PM   
Paddy100

Ever since Bane was announced as the villain, there's been speculation as to whether the film would follow the comics in having Bane break Batman's back. But I struggled to figure how they could run that story arc in a 2 hour movie as it would have Batman missing for a large part of the action.

Maybe the prolgoue will feature Bane breaking Bat's back and then the movie could jump forward 8 years to a point when Bane returns to Gotham to wreak havoc again, resulting in Gordon urging Wayne to return as Batman ...

Would be a good reason to feature an 8 year time lag...

Post #: 18
Bane won't break Batman's back - 26/11/2011 5:11:04 PM   
gunflyer

I don't think Bane will break Batman's back for one very important reason: if they did include that little plot line, the author of the original story would have to get a ton of money and story credit.

Post #: 19
RE: Getting worried - 27/11/2011 8:44:01 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: smcdonagh

The more I hear, the more I think this could be Nolan's first misfire.

8 years later?

Depends on the story reason for it

Batman during the day?

Perfectly reasonable: BB...crims operate at night, Batman attacks them from the shadows...TDK, the crims meet in broad daylight to avoid Batman...TDKR: Crims in total control of Gotham, not scared of anything, shows of criminal strength in broad daylight, on the streets. Metaphorically, Batman's character has slowly emerged from the shadows, from the beginning of the trilogy, perhaps during TDKR emerging fully, to be seen in the light by Gotham Citizens, as the good guy, who no longer has to hide in the shadows because by this time, he's no longer a shadowy figure to Gotham, he can fight criminals in the open now, and has to, because they don;t hide either?

Catwoman?

Depends on the story reason for her inclusion and the fact she's a 'cat burglar' who if seen briefly, in shadow or silhouette, will appear to have 'cat ears' because of how part of her mask looks when flipped up. She doesn't have to be the, well purring slut character of previous incarnations and can get the nickname for the reasons previously suggested. Whether these are the reasons, who knows, but they definitely fit the realism of the films so far.

I'm getting the vibe that Nolan is moving away from the reality perspective that made the first two work. This could be a huge disappointment! Too much expectation.

The 'reality' of the world of the film could be a long, long way away from where it previously was if criminals have, for example been effectively running gotham for eight years, it could resemble a surreal hell on earth with no connection to 'mainstream' society, just like certain lawless, gang run, parts of very large cities. And let's not forget the effect on Gotham of one baddie eho played by his own rules. Eight years of that being the norm could provide the finale with a hell of a backdrop

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 27/11/2011 8:45:53 PM >

(in reply to smcdonagh)
Post #: 20
RE: Getting worried - 27/11/2011 9:41:32 PM   
JIm R

Speculation.....

Why is everyone getting so fixated on the 8 year gap, quite simply, in my view, it gives Batman enough time to re-build mansion and develop bat cave, after all, all the work will be by himself, gives rise of crime to a crippling level in his abscence and Catwoman's intro time plus Bane's capacity to break all from Arkham and develop the internal strands of the police investigation background we were left with at the end of TDK whilst Bruce has to stand and watch whilst his city falls into hell all round him.

Lead into returning saviour and conclusion.

Alternatively he gets fucked up early on and the gap of destroying the bat once identity acquired by Bane from whatever source, including probable Talia reveal then takes years to recover physically and his place in the Gotham society as only man capable of bringing peace.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 21
RE: Getting worried - 2/12/2011 3:52:20 PM   
Englebertnightingale

quote:

ORIGINAL: smcdonagh

The more I hear, the more I think this could be Nolan's first misfire. 8 years later? Batman during the day? Catwoman? I'm getting the vibe that Nolan is moving away from the reality perspective that made the first two work. This could be a huge disappointment! Too much expectation.

Yeah i agree. I've been disappointed about a heap of small things about the whole production of this. filming in the day, Catwomans look, and Bane as the main villain. Hugo Strange or countless others would have made a much more interesting choice of villain.

(in reply to smcdonagh)
Post #: 22
RE: Getting worried - 6/12/2011 12:03:43 AM   
Emyr Thy King

The only thing that I've raised an eyebrow at is the eight-year gap. I think four years would be enough, but then it's premature to pass further comment seeing as we don't know the full story. Jim's right though, it could provide us with some interesting developments. Re-construction of Wayne Manor, further upgrading of the Bat Cave. Greater accrual of weapons and equipment for Batman's arsenal. Plus we'll see Gotham's decay with Batman's absence and perhaps the result of the power vacuum that's now been filled due to the Joker's actions.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Englebertnightingale)
Post #: 23
RE: Getting worried - 6/12/2011 1:39:15 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

The only thing that I've raised an eyebrow at is the eight-year gap. I think four years would be enough, but then it's premature to pass further comment seeing as we don't know the full story. Jim's right though, it could provide us with some interesting developments. Re-construction of Wayne Manor, further upgrading of the Bat Cave. Greater accrual of weapons and equipment for Batman's arsenal. Plus we'll see Gotham's decay with Batman's absence and perhaps the result of the power vacuum that's now been filled due to the Joker's actions.

Plus he'll need the time to construct all that badass gear we've seen in all the online clips including SPOILERS that awesome flying Batcopter or whatever the hell it is.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 24
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 12:43:35 PM   
Englebertnightingale

burtbondy

Considering the sheer amount of literature that exists in support of Batman being awesome, you have a lot of convincing to do to sway anybody into seeing your point of view. It's pretty ludicrous to criticize Nolans films, but if you must, try harder. I've been watching Batman Begins for the umpteenth time over the last few nights and have concluded that I possibly prefer it to TDK. At least in some areas. To summarize, perhaps I find it a bit leaner and the emotion a bit more tangible. Having said that, TDK is stunning.

Batman Begins though, wasn't perfect. And the more you re-watch these films the more apparent the flaws become. In Batman Begins, I feel like I want to love that scene down at the docks a lot more than I actually do. The problems with that scene I have was the editing of the fight scene. Nolan stated that he wanted Batman to be 'hard to see' because he moves like an ass-kicking ninja, and that worked well in between the shipping containers but when he finally dropped down in between the circle of smugglers and proceeded to take on the large group, I thought it was just a visual mess on screen.

Plus the dude with the long hair and machine gun who screams 'WHERE ARE YOU?' to which an upsidedown Batman coyly replies 'I'm here' was possibly an ode to Tim Burtons Batman, and felt a little too referential. As a result the comeuppance he delivers to Carmine Falcone wasn't quite as cathartic as I had hoped it would be. (Note: Tom Wilkinson was a particular highlight for me in that film and set the bar for nasty gangster bosses in a Batman film that hasn't yet been met.)

The other issue I had was the cheesy cop dialogue. On subsequent watches of the film, it really does my head in. Cheesy one liners in the car chase sequence like 'I'm coming right up on his butt' says one cop before he crashes into a barricade or some drums of water or something.

Then there's the other cop who is sitting parked talking on the radio 'just tell me what it looks like!' he says frustrated. At which point the Batmobile roars past, and a now wide-eyed douchebag of cop says '...nevermind'.

It rivals X-wing pilot cheesy dialogue in A New Hope 'stay on target, stay on target.'

But where he did get the emotion right in Begins it still resonates. That scene where Katie Holmes says, 'you might die. at least give me your name.' and he turns around and says the whole 'it's not who I am, but what I do that defines me' before leaping off the roof and gliding through the Arkham fog. It's friggen awesome and brings tears to my eyes every time.

So anyway. That's what I think, awesome films but not immune to criticism.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 25
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 3:00:19 PM   
Funkyrae

There's already a thread for discussion of The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, that's the place for your post - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3157535

This one is about The Dark Knight Rises.

That's me that is!

Post #: 26
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 3:10:11 PM   
Englebertnightingale

Hi Funkyrae. Thanks. I was responding to a post that was discussing the trilogy.

Is that a forum rule? That you cannot discuss the prequels of the film in discussion?
Especially when, as in the case of Nolans Batman, they are so interconnected?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 27
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 3:11:32 PM   
Funkyrae

It's a question of keeping a thread on topic. There is a thread in existence for the other two, kindly use that one. Not a difficult request.

That's me that is!

Post #: 28
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 3:17:55 PM   
Englebertnightingale

Thanks Funkyrae, so since it isn't a forum rule, I won't consider it to be an issue and continue to discuss what is on topic.

In the case of this forum, what was on topic was the whole trilogy.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 29
RE: Good luck to him. - 6/12/2011 3:22:29 PM   
Funkyrae

No it is an issue, kindly take the discussion of the other two to the already existing thread keeping this one for the discussion of the yet to be released film.

That's me that is!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> News On The Dark Knight Rises Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI