Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What comic book are you reading right now?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 1/2/2014 8:28:54 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin
Seems i'm not as informed as I thought I was! I read the two Welcome Back Frank stories that were released as part of the graphic novel collection. They used language like 'mother-loving' instead of motherfucking etc and it just seemed cheesy to me. From the Preacher creative team I expected something a little more adult.

So perhaps I should check out the proper MAX Punisher run which should sway my opinion.

Huh. I think maybe the people responsible for those reprints edited that themselves. I seem to remember the Marvel Knights Punisher having the sufficient gore, nudity and cursing that one expects from Ennis. I wonder if they censored/edited anything else out!?

I'd recommend having a look at the trades of that series or just skipping straight to Punisher: Born and the subsequent Punisher MAX run which brings the character into the 'real' world, away from superheroics and the tongue-in-cheek Preacher-esque humour.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1411
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 1/2/2014 8:35:03 PM   
furrybastard

Wonderful stuff. Taking place in Berlin between the years of 1928 and 1933 and featuring a wide variety of characters, examining the economic, political and cultural struggles of a fractured society still reeling from The Great War. Lutes has a great, detailed 'realist' style that every now and again delves into a strange kind of poetic romanticism when dealing with the characters' feelings and dreams. Making the real world events all the more brutal and affecting when they happen. Highly recommended.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 1412
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 11/2/2014 2:36:30 PM   
indysgill

Finished this. It was really good.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 1413
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 12/2/2014 11:41:34 AM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

Re-read. Even better than first time around. The art is fantastic. Now considering buying volume 2:

"Come on ladies, come on gentlemen, come on you trannies"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1414
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 15/3/2014 7:36:59 AM   
Chojin

Fun, fast flowing and some beautiful art. Not taking it too seriously and i'm enjoying it :)

Also recently read Naruto 64 which is still going strong and it took me about a month to get through the awful Marvel 60's Origins GN.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Willie Mayes Hayes)
Post #: 1415
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI