Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What comic book are you reading right now?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 3/6/2013 3:42:51 PM   
indysgill

Two four issue stories dealing with John McClane's first year as a NYPD officer.
Not bad, tries to be twisty like the plot to With a Vengeance, but not quite there,

Only annoying thing was that they didn't get McClane's wife surname right

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1231
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 3/6/2013 4:13:41 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

The key to Invincible's success is its consistency. It's always been well written, exciting, expertly drawn and you never know what to expect. The fact that a four issue span (1/3 of a year of publication) can be taken up with a side story about two supporting characters being thrown into another dimension for 700 years can still be as exciting to read if not more so than the main story is one of the series strengths. A character you meet 50 issues ago can suddenly become a recurring character in the series - the universe just feels so tangible and real. Kirkman has truly created a universe here.

Loved the side story of Rex/Robot and Amanda/Monster Girl - I didn't see the twist coming (in that way anyway). It was like a mini-novel within a series. Loved, loved, loved it!

Now I just have to wait 12+ months until the next ultimate collection :/

Invincible is total class, it's pretty much the only thing I read these days.  I am currently re-reading the Trades in advance of "The Death of Everyone". 

Like you say, it seems like a Universe and on a re-read you rediscover a lot of prologues and hints at events that don't really pay off for months, if not years.  There's still some left hanging (I only read the trades, not the floppies, so some of these could have been dealt with by now), like The Time Travelling Twins, The Darkzone, the Parrallel Universe Invincible who went missing for 15 years.

Plus, it feels like a living universe, much more than other comics I've read in the past.  If you go back to the start, you can really see how the characters have naturally grown and changed their plans and world-views due to the events they've been involved in.

I'm looking forward to getting Invincible Universe on the go too.  Hopefully, get a bit more of Capes Inc and Tech Jacket involved.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 3/6/2013 4:15:17 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1232
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 5/6/2013 7:16:17 AM   
Chojin

I haven't dabbled with any of the spin offs etc but if they're any good let me know! Also if there are hardback, bulk editions i'd be more excited I'm a bit partial to an oversized hardback dustsleeve edition.

As for my reading I jumped back into The Darkness last night and read about 7 issues in a row. The 40th issue was kind of a reboot with a new writer. I kinda see where they're going with Jackies character trying to make him a good guy - we'll see how this pans out as he's done some pretty depraved shit over the course of the first 40 issues.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1233
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 5/6/2013 12:42:22 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin
I haven't dabbled with any of the spin offs etc but if they're any good let me know! Also if there are hardback, bulk editions i'd be more excited I'm a bit partial to an oversized hardback dustsleeve edition.

Unfortunately, none of the spin-offs have hardcovers, as most of them weren't popular enough to sustain their own titles!  Guarding the Globe has now morphed into Invincible Universe and I think may go on to have one eventualy.

The first two volumes are pretty good, Invicible is pretty goofy anyway, and so is this.  One of the superheroes is an australian who uses exploding boomerangs, so naturally he's called Kaboomerang!  Another is a super-powered dog. 

I enjoyed Capes a lot, my amazon review here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1582407568/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_top?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Tech Jacket is again just the one trade and from what I remember it's a pretty standard origin tale, but the character of Tech Jacket is actually really cool (basically Guyver in space) and it might be worth picking it up as he seems to be getting pushed in the main Invincible titles.

Astounding Wolf-man, I actually gave up on, but it did have some great moments.  I'm considering picking it up for cheap in bits and bats now that it has finished.  On purpose this time, not due to sales!

Brit, is OK from what I remember, but I haven't actually finished it.  I'm never sure if the character lives up to his potential.  Non-super-powered, but indestructible old man should be more interesting than it has been.

Overall, milage may vary, but I think they're all pretty good.  But what I really like is the way they all knit together to build a cohesive universe.  Most of them can be viewed as specials I suppose, focussing on characters that don't get much time in Invincible.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 5/6/2013 12:46:11 PM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1234
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/6/2013 7:33:09 AM   
Chojin

I don't think i'll bother with any of those TPBs then - I buy enough as is......unless some HC editions are released ;) Kudos on checking out every single one though!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A futuristic Darkness story where the current wielder has lived for hundreds of years and has built up a dictatorship across all of space due to the darkness not being affected by sunlight in space :/

Quite fun actually and a very different take on the mythos.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1235
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/6/2013 11:50:46 AM   
sharkboy

Confessions time - I've been pretty late to the game with Invincible. Needless to say, this is the 5th Ultimate volume in a row that I've now consumed over the last week or so, and I'm hungry for more. I'm not convinced yet about the appearance of Oliver (if that isn't an arch-enemy in the making I don't know what is!), but at least it's good to see Eve playing the girlfriend role at last. Right, gotta go - Volume 6 won't read itself you know!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1236
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/6/2013 9:19:44 PM   
sanchia

Time to break these out again.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1237
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 7:21:32 AM   
Chojin

Bit rubbish this one. But that's Compendium #1 read :) now onto V2!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1238
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 10:58:12 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Time to break these out again.

One of my favourite comics of the last 15 years, and Ellis' finest since Transmetropolitan. I couldn't recommend this highly enough.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1239
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 8:55:12 PM   
sanchia

I have to admit he hasn't come anywhere near this quality in quite a while.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1240
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 8:56:35 PM   
Chojin

Volume 8 & 9 of Last Order are probably the best of the series (excluding the original 9 volumes). For two volumes you're taken back to before the scrapyard, tiphares and any of the futuristic elements of the series. The earth is decimated by a meteor shower leaving a post-apocalyptic world where we follow a group of vampires preying on the few remaining humans. Caerula is a brilliant character and her journey has some real emotional clout and is a joy to read.

Love these two volumes, which don't actually feature Alita at all!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1241
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 9:16:04 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

I have to admit he hasn't come anywhere near this quality in quite a while.

His run on Secret Avengers was fun.

I think Ellis is burned out on comics, to be honest. I heard an interview with him last year where he was saying the Big Two were just using writers as idea farms for movie adaptations, essentially using entire runs and characters for movies and not paying or crediting the creator. Look at Extremis in Iron Man 3 or, a more egregious example, the Winter Soldier for the Cap movie sequel (though perhaps Brubaker will get a credit there, we'll see). Marvel had a little panic attack last year when Jim Starlin pointed out that he actually owns the character of Thanos - not Marvel - and he found it a little odd that he was popping up at the end of Avengers...

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 7/6/2013 9:28:19 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1242
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 9:49:58 PM   
sanchia

Aparently Ellis has in the last few days parted company with his publisher so his next book which was due for a digital release on 18th June has now been shelved. A shame as whilst Gun Machine had no where near the same appeal as the wonderfully weird and offbeat Crooked Little Vein (how can you ever hope to beat scrotal inflation) it was massively original and inventive. Anyway back to your advertised thread.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 7/6/2013 9:50:16 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 1243
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 7/6/2013 10:22:30 PM   
furrybastard

Maybe he'll self publish on the net. He's that kinda guy

I wouldn't be surprised if Image are trying to court him to do something with them. He still does the odd Marvel job to pay the bills, far as I know. Though again, maybe that Iron Man 3 thing soured him on them. He seemed resigned to how things are now with Marvel/DC (I don't know any A-list writers who are actually wanting to work with DC at the moment, however).

Comics I'm reading at the moment:

DMZ: pretty good. Nice art from Burchielli and a great central concept. I'm still in two minds about Brian Wood's writing, though this is definitely the best thing I've read from him. The central character of Matty is a bit of a twat though. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be rooting for him at this point (I'm on book 7) but I'd rather see the story broaden out to the other characters. It's got that feeling from the last decade of Vertigo comics too where it really, really wants to be a TV show. An entertaining read all the same.

Blackacre #1 - #7: Meh. It's ok but not really holding my attention too much.

Sex #1 - #3: Nice art. Great covers. Annoying lettering. And the story is moving at a snail's pace so far, unfortunately. It's good to see a comic that knows that its readers are adults but so far it hasn't even scratched the surface of it's rather intriguing concept.

2000AD Progs 1782 - 1832: While at home, I blasted through an entire years worth of 2000ADs. Thrill-power overload, as they say. 2000AD is still the best there is. A wild variety of stories and artwork. Nikolai Dante ended beautifully, Dredd's Day of Chaos had some very real consequences that are still resonating, Trifecta was an absolute blast, Tharg's 3rillers are really taking advantage of the new Future Shock format with some very imaginative, witty self-contained short stories. Strontium Dog's return was a little disappointing. ABC Warriors was finally readable again and it was nice to see Clint Lnagley changing things up a bit. The Red Seas ended and was... fine. Same as always really. Really enjoyed Savage. Ampney Crucis gets better and better (I didn't like this series all that much initially but it's improved a great deal). It was good to see Lenny Zero back. Ichabod Azrael didn't quite deliver on its promise but it had some lovely Dom Reardon art.
I also read about six months of Megazines which, while enjoyable enough, still feel too secondary to the Prog. Snapshot was crap. Everything else was ok. Unfortunately didn't make it to the third series of Insurrection. I'll have to wait until next June to read that

Scalped Vols 9 & 10: This series sort of ended on a whimper. Vertigo's legendarily poor paper stock make the art muddy and unclear (The Unwritten luckily gets better treatment). It was alll good and a worthwhile read but it never quite reached that level of 'classic' that I was hoping for. Along with DMZ, its yet another mid-2000s Vertigo series that may as well have the letters HBO on the cover. (Not that that's a bad thing)

Wonder Woman #17-#20: Dropped. I don't care anymore. I think that only leaves Snyder and Capullo's Batman and Batman Inc. that I'm left reading. The former has been pretty tedious over the last six months (I found the Joker story dull and somewhat infuriating) but I'll likely stick around for Year Zero and see how that one works out.

Comeback #1-#5: Great! Lovely art, great time-travel story. Think Brubaker/Phillips' Criminal mixed with Looper and you'll have an idea. More please.

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 7/6/2013 10:24:00 PM >

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1244
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 8/6/2013 6:52:27 AM   
Chojin

Vol 2, Issue #2 (aka Issue #42)

Three issues in and this isn't too bad of a reboot. The art has improved substantially and the story has a very back to basics approach.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1245
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 8/6/2013 9:19:04 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Great to hear you had fun with the Progs, furry! I couldn't agree with you more! Regarding Red Seas, I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea (in fact I can count only three people on the 2000ad forum - myself included - who really liked it!). But I love it, not least for all the Harryhausen influence, I bought the first trade after it finished in the Prog, and it was outstanding. A lovely read, such a shame we may never see the rest of the stuff printed. .....

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 8/6/2013 11:04:13 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1246
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 8/6/2013 8:09:46 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Great to hear you had fun with the Progs, furry! I couldn't agree with you more! Regarding Red Seas, I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea (in fact I can count only three people on the 2000ad forum - myself included - who really liked it!). But I love it, not least for all the Harryhausen influence, I bought the first trade after it finished in the Prog, and it was outstanding. A lovely read, such a shame we may never see the rest of the stuff printed. .....

I liked some Red Seas stories more than others. I actually much preferred the 'prologue' type story they did with the two investogators in the present day that led into the final story. At no point did I ever dislike the series but it wasn't something I was particularly looking forward to either. I do think it probably reads better in one sitting rather than over a ten-plus year period!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 1247
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 9/6/2013 8:40:09 AM   
Chojin

Quite enjoying the second volume. Gone are the comedy elements such as the distorted minions. In their place are the deformed tentacle creatures from the video games, some really creepy moments in this one and the series seems to have moved away from its late 90's feel. Although the original series started in '97 it felt very early image and with Volume 2 the series is actually evolving into something great.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1248
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 11/6/2013 11:13:00 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Wonder Woman #17-#20: Dropped. I don't care anymore. I think that only leaves Snyder and Capullo's Batman and Batman Inc. that I'm left reading. The former has been pretty tedious over the last six months (I found the Joker story dull and somewhat infuriating) but I'll likely stick around for Year Zero and see how that one works out.

Wow, really. I think Wonder Woman has consistently been DC's best title since the New 52 relaunch. Having said that I did come into it with fresh eyes not having read a single WW title previously but I absolutely love the little corner of the DCU that Azzarello's built. Alongside Swamp Thing and Animal Man it's the only DC title I pick up monthly (I get access to quite a few of the Bat titles off my nephew) and probably the least likely to get dropped..

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 1249
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 12/6/2013 3:50:51 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
Wow, really. I think Wonder Woman has consistently been DC's best title since the New 52 relaunch. Having said that I did come into it with fresh eyes not having read a single WW title previously but I absolutely love the little corner of the DCU that Azzarello's built. Alongside Swamp Thing and Animal Man it's the only DC title I pick up monthly (I get access to quite a few of the Bat titles off my nephew) and probably the least likely to get dropped..

I don't think it's terrible, by any means. I'm just not really enjoying it month-by-month anymore. Like Animal Man, it's lost its momentum quite a bit. I'd agree that Wonder Woman is probably one of DC's best titles at the moment but when you consider its competition, that's a rather backhanded compliment.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1250
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 14/6/2013 7:47:02 PM   
sanchia

I am spreading them out a little so I can enjoy the experience longer. I have to say Chapter Nine is a stunning example of imaginative storytelling and is so well done. I wish that Ellis did not appear to get bored with some of the threads as he left some tantalising storylines unfinished and never to be finished. I also wish he had done a Axel Brass comic as he is a fantastic character/homage.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1251
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 15/6/2013 8:42:08 AM   
Chojin

I just finished reading the latest and 26th Volume in the series. It's definitely a more satisfying read when you're reading this story in bulk as sometimes nearly 1/3 of a volume can be taken up explaining one exchange of blows. The tournament arc has reached its conclusion with the final round taking up about three volumes of fights. The art is stunning as always with double page spreads generously thrown in, and the plot moves along at a nice pace. You don't need to fully understand all of the science references and terms which are used so I don't feel it is a negative point, I just tend to glance over them.

Much like Berserk this is a masterpiece but the bi-weekly (if you're lucky) chapter format is grueling to follow, and with up to 6 month delays between volumes it makes it tough to keep up.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 15/6/2013 8:45:20 AM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1252
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 16/6/2013 8:19:16 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Dark Entries

http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/dark-entries-graphic-novel-review/

Anyone else read this? I thought it was excellent!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1253
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 19/6/2013 8:57:27 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

I am spreading them out a little so I can enjoy the experience longer. I have to say Chapter Nine is a stunning example of imaginative storytelling and is so well done. I wish that Ellis did not appear to get bored with some of the threads as he left some tantalising storylines unfinished and never to be finished. I also wish he had done a Axel Brass comic as he is a fantastic character/homage.

It must be the week of Planetary, I've just started reading it this week. Just finished book three today. Really looking forward to seeing how it all concludes.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1254
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 22/6/2013 1:42:27 PM   
sanchia

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1255
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 22/6/2013 3:33:44 PM   
indysgill

quote:

I have that in my to read pile.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1256
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/6/2013 12:27:41 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Defoe: 1666
Written by Pat Mills
Illustrated by Leigh Gallagher
Published by Rebellion

With the start of the new series of Defoe in 2000ad, what better way than now to get aquainted or even re-aquainted with the previous story thus far? This trade consists of the first two arcs originally serialised in 2000ad, ’1666′ and ‘Brethren of the night’. The story is set in an alternate London, in the year 1666. It is two years since the passing of a comet over the capital, and the Great Fire which caused widespread devestation. And from this cauldron of fire and ash the undead ‘reeks’ started to rise, hungry for living flesh. Zombie hunter, Titus Defoe is tasked by the Crown to protect the people from the undead hordes. But it soon dawns upon him that something or someone is guiding the dead. He puts together a band of zombie hunters lead by himself known as the ‘Dirty Dozenne’, with them by his side and help from Sir Isaac Newton and his various contraptions of war, Defoe plans on getting to the bottom of this zombie epidemic.

I must admit it took me a while to get into this collection. But once I did, I was flying through it in no time! The main thing that grasps you immediately is Leigh Gallagher’s black and white artwork. And my, what a thing of beauty it is too. There is no grey tones involved instead black line strokes used to depict shading and depth – and boy does it look magnificent. The sense of atmosphere which Gallagher’s artwork evokes is simply awe-inspiring. Whether the damp squalor of the streets, the towers, the rivers, the skies, or the pungent decay of the ‘reeks’ (Zombies), you feel at times you really are present in London circa 1666 albeit in an alternate reality.

Pat Mills’ writing is also excellent, setting up a London which is both historically sound and fantastical at the same time. For example the class division (Defoe himself is from a working class background, a ‘Leveller’ and later a soldier prior to becoming a zombie hunter), politics, royalty, skullduggery, and basically everything Mills is known for in his writing but with steampunk, horror and magic to add to it. At times it feels like a medieval version of his ABC Warriors - with the Dirty Dozenne very evocative of the Meknificent Seven, albeit a bit more crazier! And he weaves everything together, with twists and thrills aplenty to create a truly ‘fantasmagoric’ experience. Even the language used in the story is a delight to see, words which have long become dormant in the English language. And cameos by historical figures such as Sir Isaac Newton (which I touched upon), King Charles II and so on. The coming together of all this fantastical elements such as magic, popery, flying 'cars', big ass weaponary (which could even give James Cameron wet dreams) not to mention the zombies (lead earlier on by the decapitated head of Oliver Cronwell!) and the characters themselves, whether friend or foe - make this story a truly enjoyable read. I am a huge fan of history, horror and steampunk (or pre - steampunk in this case) and I lapped it all up with joyous gusto! And being a born and bred Londoner, it’s always a joy to see London depicted in this interesting and fantastic way in comics, not only Defoe here, but Absalom and From Hell also come to mind.

This is a series which grows in strength, because the 2nd volume (Queen of the Zombies) is even more enjoyable, not to mention the new series (The Damned) which has just started in the pages of 2000ad.

I must also say that the cover art for this trade is absolutely stupendous indeed by Gallagher. Those interested in learning more about how he went about designing the cover should check out this awesome entry in his blog:

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/making-of-defoe-1666-book-cover.html?m=1

Superb stuff!

4/5

--------------------------------------------------

Defoe: Queen of the Zombies
Written by Pat Mills
Illustrated by Leigh Gallagher
Published by Rebellion

The last time we saw Defoe, he was on the trail of the Queen of the Zombies, who managed to escape his clutches. In this volume we go deeper into the zombie conspiracy. We discover some startling revelations about both foe and ally.

For me this collection was far more superior storywise (and even art wise) than the first collection (1666). Pat Mills has crafted a story bursting with ideas, non stop thrills and twists aplenty, not to mention backstabbing and betrayal. It’s Shakespeare crossed with Steampunk and zombies!

This time round Defoe and his ‘Dirty Dozenne’ not only have to stop La Voisin (Queen of the Zombies), but also defend the Tower of London from the invading hordes of the undead, and also a hungry crocodile in the Tower’s moat and a Seraph (fallen angel), not to mention the un-masking of Mene Tekel, the main mastermind behind much of the chaos in which London finds herself engulfed within.

And Leigh Gallagher renders all the above in his magnificent black and white art. His style is very suited to the steam-punk/ horror trappings of the story, in fact it elevates the story to another level. There are some awesome double page spreads and one page reveals in this collection, the most notable of these being the unmasking of Mene Tekel (that page just left me gasping with disbelief!), and the two page spread near the beginning of the ‘Super Zombie’s’ lair (one of them even looks like a zombiefied Captain America – Pat Mills clearly couldn’t resist!). Not to mention the zombie hordes themselves who are just some of the most ghastly and stomach churning ever to be realised in comics – and what makes them stand out is the fact they have other ‘demonic’ powers such as walking under water and even flying (the panel where we first see this amazing feat is very eeriely done).

To sum it up, Gallagher’s artwork is just sublime, no other way to describe it. The guy is something else entirely, you can see he pours his heart and soul into each panel, and he clearly relishes the challenge of bringing this world to life via his artwork.

This collection is great, great fun and a big thank you to the awesome Leigh Gallagher for recommending it to me in his blog. I can understand now why this is his favourite collected work thus far.

Magnificent stuff!

5/5

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 25/6/2013 2:28:37 PM >

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1257
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 27/6/2013 7:41:04 PM   
matthewforan

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 1258
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 27/6/2013 9:28:46 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Torso! I've totally forgotten about this comic, let us know how your reading goes Matthew, I just might order it myself.

In other news, my order for Saga Vol 2 and Prophet Vol 2 have been dispatched today by Amazon (and much earlier than I expected). I cannot wait to get my hands on both of them, last year those two titles were my favourite top 2 comics, I absolutely loved them both. Prophet for me however, just edged it as overall favourite. It was just such a stunning comic; everything I love about comics and science fiction rolled into that awesome volume. Brilliant stuff from Image!

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 1259
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/6/2013 8:20:43 PM   
matthewforan

Loved it, thought it was outstanding, a real heart thumper. Can understand why they've tried so hard to adapt it.

Just read Volume 2 of Saga, exceptional just utterly brilliant.

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 1260
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI