Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What comic book are you reading right now?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 20/4/2013 1:37:12 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Read this is morning, really liked it. I'll be picking up Black Dossier at some point.

From now on it is a case of diminishing returns when it comes to these titles. In many ways I wish I had stopped at Volume 2.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 1201
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 20/4/2013 9:18:03 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
diminishing returns when it comes to these titles. In many ways I wish I had stopped at Volume 2.

I really enjoyed Black Dossier. And I didn't think I would as I never found League to be the strongest of Moore's later books. Black Dossier is incredible ambitious and inventive but I do feel maybe they should have ended it there. The series became overloaded with referencing at this point, to the point where it smothers the plot and characters. I haven't read Nemo: Heart of I've yet though.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1202
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 20/4/2013 9:21:29 PM   
sanchia

It is an improvement to some degree in that it has a disassociation in many ways to the other books and focuses more on Nemo's daughter and the stories of a certain racist horror writer.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 1203
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 22/4/2013 5:52:32 PM   
Chojin

I started this today and read 3/8 issues. So good, it uses the different team dynamics to their full potential and the interactions between the heroes is so rewarding for long term fans. You're viewing this new world through the eyes of Wolverine (best choice for a protagonist). I was really upset when my lunch-hour ended - looking forward to finishing this off in the next couple of days.

...I think I might even prefer it a little to Civil War

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1204
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/4/2013 7:01:58 PM   
matthewforan

Last two I've read

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1205
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/4/2013 7:19:06 PM   
sanchia

Marvels is a great book. Back when Alex Ross could really do great artwork, and when he wasn't so sterile and static, mixed with Busiek's great story. This is where his idea for Astro City started if memory serves (which if you haven't read them can I recommend either Astro City Confession or Astor City Tarnished Angel).

< Message edited by sanchia -- 29/4/2013 7:20:04 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1206
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/4/2013 10:32:35 PM   
talpacino

Just finished volume 3 of Sweet Tooth. Almost made me cry, fantastic.

Onto Punk Rock Jesus now, this should be...interesting.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 30/4/2013 11:56:24 AM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1207
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 30/4/2013 7:47:38 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

Marvels is a great book. Back when Alex Ross could really do great artwork, and when he wasn't so sterile and static, mixed with Busiek's great story. This is where his idea for Astro City started if memory serves (which if you haven't read them can I recommend either Astro City Confession or Astor City Tarnished Angel).

Yeah I really enjoyed both of them, I've already recommended 1602 to a couple of mates. I've heard good things about Astro City, I may have to look it up.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1208
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 1/5/2013 7:13:08 AM   
Chojin

I finished the above last night. I wasn't a fan of either the story or art from the first volume and this volume cemented my opinion. When Quitely leaves for a couple of issues the art turns to absolute mud. It was so messy and the characters were really distorted and by this point I wanted it to end. I think the problem is that it may have been new and groundbreaking at the time but in the short span of 10+ years it's really outdated.

....or maybe I just didn't like New X-Men. This is coming from a long-term X-Fan!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1209
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 1/5/2013 9:24:30 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

quote:

diminishing returns when it comes to these titles. In many ways I wish I had stopped at Volume 2.

I really enjoyed Black Dossier. And I didn't think I would as I never found League to be the strongest of Moore's later books. Black Dossier is incredible ambitious and inventive but I do feel maybe they should have ended it there. The series became overloaded with referencing at this point, to the point where it smothers the plot and characters. I haven't read Nemo: Heart of I've yet though.

Nemo: Heart of Ice is brillaint. Having said that, i've yet to read the Black Dosier!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 1210
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 5/5/2013 7:22:55 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Prog 1830

I had to wait a while before i could get my hands on this weeks Prog because my local newsagents didn't have it in stock. I went on Wednesday - no prog. Thurday - no prog. Friday? Yep, same again. But thankfully i did manage to nab a copy from another newsagent just a little further from home that same evening. But as we shall see, the wait was well worth it...

Cover: Absolutely stupendous stuff by Maurice Aitken! It really doesn't do it justice when you see a picture of it online, it's only when you hold that copy in your actual hands do you feel that this is a special cover indeed. I know the cover will probably appeal to readers who've been with 2000ad since its early days, but even as someone new to the world, i have to tip my hat to it. Is it cover of the year? There's still a while to go before i can honestly say but right now it is looking like a strong contender.

Judge Dredd - The Forsaken Part One

An excellent opener with some fabulous artwork by P.J Holden. The setting on MC-2 was great, as was the affecting flashback scenes especially the horrific moment when the Cadet is mistaken for an infected citizen. This looks to be another great tale by Mike Carroll.

Tharg's 3rillers - Gunheadz Part One

After the Ghostship Mathematica ended last week, i thought the next 3riller would have a long way to go to match Ghostship's thrill. But it seems like Gunheadz might go a long way to filling the vacum left by the previous 3riller's absence. And a large part of that is due to Boo Cook's delightful artwork. The first page was excellent as we start with the Gunheadz' exploits. But a small part of me was thinking how this might carry on for three weeks, and if it'll work. Well i needn't of worried because as i turned over the page (just like our protagonist who's thumb on the page bottom is visible - a nice touch!), i was lead into a bigger world. Or a comic shop at first, filled with all manner of memorabilia and comics from Hellboy's 'right hand of doom', a model of Akira's awesome bike to a lifesize cardboard cut out of Dredd (reserved for a one 'J. Burdis'!). It is in stuff like this that Cook's artwork excels, and the street panel on the next page is also just breathtakingly brilliant, filled with wicked humour and satire (how about some real street graffiti/art from the legendary Chopper?). And the last panel was just plain awesome. This is shaping up to be a great 3riller by T.C Eglington and Boo Cook.

Dandridge - The Copper Conspiracy Part Seven

Another enjoyable instalment of our daring and dashing hero and his headless sidekick! Well head-more at times but less makes it more hilarious as was the case here! Things are also hotting up as the Robo-Coppers start going mad, with the public at risk. Warren Pleece's artwork is a joy to behold and Alec Worley's writing is exciting and full of intrigue. I'm really enjoying Dandridge, so i'll be a tad saddened to see it end next week.

Stickleback - Number of the Beast Part Seven

For the first time in a month i must say i derived enjoyment from Stickleback, which i was losing a little interest of. But this weeks episode was very interesting as Stickleback and Scarlet travel to the bowels of London to seek an audience with the Rat Queen (which reminded me of The Incal when John DiFool and his companions meet Animah the Rat Queen in the bowels of their planet). D'Israeli's artwork was beautiful to behold especially the way he potrayed the sewers, the boatman (or woman in this case) and the Rat Queen's abode. And Edginton's writing is excellent as ever especially where Stickleback and Scarlet are concerned. And how refreshing is it to see Scarlet taking centre stage? She was criminally underused (quite literally!) in the first two series, but here she holds more than her own against the pope of crime.

Zombo - Planet Zombo Part Six

Absolutely hilarious stuff! I was getting my thrills late at night (ahem, thrills of the Zarjaz variety!) but that still did not stop me laughing out loud, the main culprit being the Tron sequence! Simon Cowell getting a chinese burn by the President and his 'rude thing' rubbing on Cowell's Tron suit was just so damn funny. Add to that Zombo's incessant questions toward Miss Lawyer like a five year old, and London's Gherkin blasting off to space and you have a truly awesome episode! Al Ewing and Henry Flint are a match made in Zarjaz heaven - and i can't wait for more!

Overall, this was a strong Prog, i enjoyed all the strips in this Zarjaz line-up. Great stuff and i look forward to the next Prog with great fervour.

5/5

My panel of the week:
http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/2000ad-panel-of-the-week-3/

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 1211
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/5/2013 2:35:59 PM   
matthewforan

Read over the weekend

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 1212
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/5/2013 5:10:37 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Another great Busiek book which skews the Superman mythos on its head.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1213
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/5/2013 8:17:23 PM   
matthewforan

I really enjoyed it, which is a first for a Superman book.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1214
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 6/5/2013 8:31:51 PM   
sanchia

Although it is not really a Superman book.

It was one of those books which I was sad had ended.

Anyway

< Message edited by sanchia -- 6/5/2013 8:33:08 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1215
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 8/5/2013 7:32:59 AM   
Chojin

The ending definitely feels rushed and quickly goes over plot points which have been set up across the previous 8 volumes. It wrapped up the original series well enough but didn't match up to the rest of the series. However as it was rushed due to the artist/writers ill health and he did restart the series eventually it can be forgiven

Will be starting up Last Order again today

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1216
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 12/5/2013 8:55:17 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Marshal Law Deluxe Edition

I've been a fan of Pat Mills for a while now, and i would liked to think that i was familiar now with his witty, satire and politics laden writing. However, nothing would prepare me for the shock (or should that be Shocc?) i received when i read Marshal Law for the first time. It was like nothing i had read before; sure the deconstruction of the super hero in comics had been tackled before, the most notable example being Alan Moore's Watchmen, but Marshal Law was a whole different beast altogether. Where Moore showed sympathy for his characters, Mills tore into them with devilish glee.

The story is set in 2020 after a war in The Zone or South America, (an allegory for Vietnam) in which super-humans were created and used. Our protagonist Marshal Law rounds up and brings the super-humans who violate the law in San Futuro (a post big quake San Francisco) to justice. It is a city that worships superheroes. The book is a critical look on the complacency and apathy of society as a whole, demonstrating the idiocy of celebrity worship, and a world in which the corrupt politicians and the rich dictate our lives. And the superheros in particular bear the brunt of Marshal Law, who has a clear disdain for them...

The artwork by Kevin O'Neill is rendered with such wit, style and all round awesomeness that only a handful in the comics industry can match. Yes it's that good. His panels are saturated with so much richness and detail, full of witty lines whether as graffiti art on the walls or on the superheroes costumes themselves.

This beautiful hardcover deluxe edition collects all the Marshal Law series and one offs except for the crossovers. I have never read said crossovers so cannot comment on them, but this collection is more than enough to keep all Pat Mills & Kevin O'Neill fans happy. First off is an introduction by long time Marshal Law fan Jonathan Ross. It's a nice piece where Ross shares his first encounter with the comic and its influence and importance. It is followed by a stunning two page colour spread of San Futoro by O'Neill afterwhich we begin on the stories themselves. I'll go through in order and give my thoughts on each story.

1. Fear And Loathing: this 6 parter is the best story in the collection. It centres around Buck Caine a.k.a 'Public Spirit'; a superhero modelled on Superman who is not as clean cut and heroic as the public would like to think. First off he's a murdering, egotistical maniac with an addiction to drugs to maintain his good looks. The story is also a thrilling piece of mystery and intrigue as a super villain wearing a paperbag on his head goes round raping and killing women who are dressed up as a popular heroine; Celeste, who in turn is engaged to Public Spirit. Pat Mills is on top of his game here especially where all the satirical politiking and scathing commentary is concerned. It also serves as a great introduction to Marshal Law and we get to learn more about the man behind the mask (something which is missing in later stories). He operates from a secret police precinct that is located underneath the city, with his two sidekicks, Danny, who is in wheel-chair and Kiloton, the likeable walking man mountain. His civil identity is as a blue collared guy - Joe Gilmore. He's in a romantic relationship with a woman named Lynn, who also hates superheroes but also Marshal Law too (if only she knew eh?) who she thinks is a fascist pig and probably gay on account of his fetish for leather.

As the web deepens, so the twists and turns start unfurling in this thrilling story. Every chapter ends with Marshal Law's signature quote; "I'm a hero-hunter. I hunt heroes. Haven't find any yet". However the very last page of this 6 part issue ends with Marshal Law claiming "but i know where they are" and the panel is juxtaposed with images of victims of torture and rape by the so called superheroes in 'The Zone'. It's not hard to see who the real heroes in this world are. I thought that was a really nice touch by Mills.

2. Marshal Law Takes Manhatten:
I must say that i absolutely loved this story! There were moments in it where i was howling with laughter, so much so in fact that the next day my neighbour was intrigued enough to ask what had prompted me to laugh so hilariously! This time the Marvel world is under Pat Mills'/ Marshal Law's spotlight and boy do they get a right load from our leather clad hero! We have characters who resemble The Fantastic Four, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America, The Silver Surfer (well you get the picture!) who are locked inside a lunatic institute and we soon find out why they're here. 'Captain America' is a paranoid patriot who is seen questioning everything right down to the medication he's given by the nurse or 'drug pusher'. And 'Thor' believes he is the actual Thunder God talking with a Shakespearian tongue and 'Mr. Fantastic' thinks himself the sanest one in the group when in fact, he is probably the most insane! It seems all of the superheroes are deluded. And what better way than Marshal Law to give them the proper treatment?

Pretty soon The Persecutor (or The Punisher) also joins them, but the group spearheaded by 'Mr. Fantastic' are unwilling to accept him into their fold because they do not see him as a real superhero ('Hawkeye' being an exception!). The Persecutor is desperate to mesh with the other inmates, it seems that he is afraid of something or someone, and rightly so - because that someone is Marshal Law! We soon learn that the two had some prior history going back to their tour in The Zone. The Persecutor it seems is a nasty piece of work, coming up with ingenious methods of torture for his victims. It's not hard to see the message that Mills was trying to get across with this hugely satirical yet almost topical story (on U.S foreign policy, torture, etc - and even though the comic was written more than 20 years ago its message is still resonant today). Again O'Neill's artwork is a sheer joy to behold full of style and wit. The climax to the story - with the heroes water sliding down the the building whilst monologuing - was just hilarious and plain awesome.

3. Kingdom Of The Blind: up till now, we had Marshal Law laying into Superman and the whole Marvel world, now 'Batman' a.k.a Public Eye is the nemesis! We open with a brilliantly illustrated look into Public Eye's solitary billionaire existence and his motivations for crime fighting - or more rightly, surgery - on the criminal masses. Marshal Law bumps into him but cannot find it in him to shoot him. We soon learn that he admires the Public Eye, however his colleague Kiloton raises some doubt about Public Eye especially the nature of his Parents death. We also learn more about the childhood of Public Eye and how his scientist parents psychotic experiments (or torture) impacted on him as a youngster. That for me was one of the standout moment of the story (and indeed the whole collection) when we get to psycho-analyse the superheroes - which makes for some very funny findings! In this case, well lets just say poor old Benji the dog! And lets not forget a wonderful twist on Alfred or 'Albert', Public Eye's faithful butler!

Overall it was a really funny, fun and thrilling read. Which is just as well because from here on forth it's a case of diminishing returns.

4. The Hateful Dead: this story is a bit of a let down when compared to the others, but still it does have its moments. This time the super dead are rising from their graves and Marshal Law has not only to contend with the Zombie-fied hordes (many of them being superheroes he helped put in their graves), but also the slimey 'Agent' Everest and on top of all that, someone from his past makes an unexpected appearance. One of the funniest moments in the story was when Marshal Law visits the seedier side of town and the 'Stress Relief Parlours', where those suffering from 'techno-stress' or feelings of 'inadequacy' can get the chance to beat up a hero and feel like a real man! "Twenty dollars for a fist in the face. Sixty for a full work over" cries a Superman lookalike to his weasly customer. It shows the depths the superheroes have plunged to, turning to consensual debasement and prostitution to earn a living.

5. Super Babylon: this is the continuation of the preceding storyline where the walking dead superheroes continue to run rampage. But to spice things up the 'Golden Age Heroes' who've been embalmed on display in the museum also start coming to life - you'd think this would make Marshal Law's life doubly hard right? but thats only just the start because Suicida the Gangrene gang leader is also on Marshal Law's back! One of the funniest moments in the comic is when we see the Golden Age Heroes on a McCarthy-esque hearing where all their dastardly deeds are laid bare, literally, including H2O man's lewd encounter with a dolphin! Regardless of the fact it was probably the weakest (two-part) story nevertheless it was still entertaining.

6. Secret Tribunal: this was more enjoyable in my opinion. A riff on Ridley Scott's Alien with superheroes thrown in the deep in for good measure! This time Marshal Law has to team up with a bunch of hardcore superheroes called 'The Secret Tribunal' to go on a bug hunt in space. Marshal Law does not take to the idea too kindly but he has no choice, but not before having a potshot at his new colleagues' costumes!

The story is told from the view of a budding young superhero 'Growing Boy' who is aboard the Lifelab space station, hoping to be admitted into 'The League of Heroes' lead by Public Spirit Jr. He meets 'Super Sensitive Girl', a blue skinned hottie with the hots for him and our virgin protagonist starts to fall for her too. But first he has to take a ship from the Lifelab (which is shaped like a giant phallus in space by the way!) to The Cape of Good Hope; the ship which was piloted by the original Public Spirit - and spend a night in the desolate ship. Of course all does not go according to plan and soon an Alien is on the prowl for fresh meat....

This was a really fun read. It was more heavy on the action side of things with some raunchy moments thrown in for good measure. We also got to see a softer side of Marshal Law (well in his case, lets just call it leniant side!), especially where Growing Boy was concerned. But overall i really enjoyed it, and the last page was superb where we see Marshal Law riding off into the sunset or in his case, the hellhole of San Futoro. I felt it was a fitting end and since we've come to know the character on his thrilling journey thus far, you could say he wouldn't want it any other way.

To end proceedings we have an afterword by Pat Mills where he explains his 'hate' for superheroes, and some other interesting and insightful thoughts before the book is rounded off with an excellent cover gallery.

By the time i finished reading Marshal Law i was quite saddened because i was enjoying it so much! I had been drawn into Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's hugely enjoyable, colourful, satirical and comedial world that i didn't want to leave it. And that is all thanks to the strength of Mills' writing complemented by O'Neill's masterful artwork. I cannot praise it highly enough; it is without doubt the best comic not to mention the most beautifully presented comic collection I have had the pleasure of reading this year, and one i look forward to re-reading again soon.

5/5

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 14/5/2013 7:04:16 AM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1217
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 14/5/2013 5:30:45 PM   
Chojin

Getting close to the end of the latest Ultimate Collection (8). 12 Issues per year is just not enough! I fly through them. I think this series is truly original and can't spread the love for it enough.

Can't wait to see what happened between 'Rex' and Monster Girl, she's turned into a fine young woman!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1218
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 15/5/2013 9:20:54 PM   
indysgill

Mental. Basically its a Cop that's so good at his job that when he dies they reanimate him to continue fighting crime.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1219
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 16/5/2013 7:34:59 AM   
Chojin

The key to Invincible's success is its consistency. It's always been well written, exciting, expertly drawn and you never know what to expect. The fact that a four issue span (1/3 of a year of publication) can be taken up with a side story about two supporting characters being thrown into another dimension for 700 years can still be as exciting to read if not more so than the main story is one of the series strengths. A character you meet 50 issues ago can suddenly become a recurring character in the series - the universe just feels so tangible and real. Kirkman has truly created a universe here.

Loved the side story of Rex/Robot and Amanda/Monster Girl - I didn't see the twist coming (in that way anyway). It was like a mini-novel within a series. Loved, loved, loved it!

Now I just have to wait 12+ months until the next ultimate collection :/

< Message edited by Chojin -- 16/5/2013 7:35:25 AM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1220
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 19/5/2013 1:12:38 AM   
directorscut

Man, they need to get me on the Jack the Ripper cause I solved it as soon as he appeared in this! I can't believe it's stumped people for over 100 years!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 1221
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 20/5/2013 5:58:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1222
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 20/5/2013 7:23:32 PM   
matthewforan

< Message edited by matthewforan -- 20/5/2013 7:25:40 PM >

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1223
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 21/5/2013 9:22:56 PM   
matthewforan

< Message edited by matthewforan -- 21/5/2013 9:23:29 PM >

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 1224
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 22/5/2013 7:18:20 AM   
Chojin

Still making my way through my second reading of the series. This is probably my favorite cover from the entire series.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1225
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/5/2013 9:00:23 AM   
sanchia

< Message edited by sanchia -- 24/5/2013 9:01:08 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1226
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/5/2013 11:58:48 AM   
benmharper

quote:

Just picked that up myself

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1227
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/5/2013 12:37:10 PM   
sanchia

It is a very good reinvention of a character. A shame it all went downhill when Brubaker left. Now I'm about to read:

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1228
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/5/2013 5:45:27 PM   
matthewforan

Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist is amazing, probably in my top ten of all time.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1229
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/5/2013 12:28:04 PM   
Chojin

I finished this last night and have mixed feelings. It started off with a very strong prologue and twist ending to the first issue that really developed Dooms character in a very small amount of pages. However this is where the character development ends. The remainder of the GN is a series of fights between the FF & Doom that are prolonged and actually start to get quite boring before the end of the book. Normally I'm a fan of wide screen comics but the story seemed to take a back seat for 10-20 page long fist exchanges.

There were some emotional moments which emphasized the FF being a tightly knit family unit but these moments were few and far between.

On the plus side I did enjoy the Wieringo art. The only other comics i've read which he penciled were his complete Sensational Spider-Man run in the late 90's.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 1230
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI