Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What comic book are you reading right now?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 23/11/2011 5:04:01 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Got a good few comic books lined up to read;

1) Hellboy Vol 1: Seed of Destruction
2) Batman R.I.P
3) Daredevil: Born Again

Last 2 comic books finished:

1) Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes *****5/5
2) Dardevil: Man Without Fear *****5/5

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 23/11/2011 7:34:55 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 31
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 23/11/2011 7:26:27 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Reading HELLBOY: SEED OF DESTRUCTION right now (just had it delivered today). The artwork by Mignola is just beautiful to behold. A true work of art. Now I like everyone here appreciate a good story, but in the case of HELLBOY, the story with all due respect is SECONDARY to the awe-inspiring art! The look and feel is very Lovecraftian which is no surprise as Mignola dedicates this book to said master of the macabre!

I will keep you guys updated on how the reading (and observing) went!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 23/11/2011 7:27:26 PM >

Post #: 32
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/11/2011 12:30:29 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

BTW, I read your blogs mate- really funny

Hello there, new favourite person.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 33
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 24/11/2011 2:19:04 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I enjoyed the Noel Ghallager review

Im currently re-reading From Hell, its epic

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 34
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 10:26:04 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I enjoyed the Noel Ghallager review

Im currently re-reading From Hell, its epic

Whoa, two new favourite people in a week. Good stuff.

Must put From Hell on my Christmas list.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 35
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 7:18:40 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I started reading BATMAN R.I.P by Grant Morrison; the story is so mental you need to stay focused or you will lose the plot...pretty much like most of the characters depicted in the story! LOL!! I have to admit, i'm getting a little confused at time. So what just the hell is up with Batman? I understand his taken on his back up identity, the Batman of ur en zhaar or something!! Ha ha! (i'll go upstairs and check the right pronunciation in a moment). But has he gone mental too?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say on this comic.

BTW, i'm into the final chapter of HELLBOY Vol 1, so will talk about it more when i'm finished!

Cheers

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 36
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 7:47:54 PM   
JIm R

quote:

I started reading BATMAN R.I.P by Grant Morrison; the story is so mental you need to stay focused or you will lose the plot...pretty much like most of the characters depicted in the story! LOL!! I have to admit, i'm getting a little confused at time. So what just the hell is up with Batman? I understand his taken on his back up identity, the Batman of ur en zhaar or something!! Ha ha! (i'll go upstairs and check the right pronunciation in a moment). But has he gone mental too?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say on this comic.BTW, i'm into the final chapter of HELLBOY Vol 1, so will talk about it more when i'm finished!

Cheers

It's a load of old wank, utter shite.

Post #: 37
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 8:48:04 PM   
Vadersville

I personally really liked Batman R.I.P. Yes it is a bit mental but I understood it and even the more crazy elements like Batman's back-up personality are tied down into some form of believability by linking it back to Batman's years of training. Tony S. Daniel's artwork is gorgeous and the climax is fantastic. Personally I think that this is how Bruce Wayne should have "died", Final Crisis is utter shite and things just go silly after that. With the exception of Batman Reborn (and most of Batman vs. Robin) Morrison's run post-R.I.P. descends rapidly into the ludcrious and bizzare. Just wait until you get to Bruce Wayne in Quantum Leap. 

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 38
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 9:23:51 PM   
furrybastard

I quite liked Final Crisis actually, thought it was a madcap, bizarre and quite brilliant way of doing a crossover. Didn't think much of R.I.P. though (and yeah, it sucked that you had to read Final Crisis to follow events in Batman - a poor idea, frankly). I really liked the first couple of issues of Btman & Robin when it was Dick and Damian just straight-up adventuring but sadsack Bruce Wayne had to come back and ruin all the fun!

I do think Morrison's run on Batman has been hit-and-miss at best. His ideas are always great though his delivery sometimes leaves a little to be desired. Oftentimes it depends on the artist on the story too. Quitely, Burnham and Stewart handle his stuff really well; others, not so much.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 39
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 10:38:37 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

I quite liked Final Crisis actually, thought it was a madcap, bizarre and quite brilliant way of doing a crossover. Didn't think much of R.I.P. though (and yeah, it sucked that you had to read Final Crisis to follow events in Batman - a poor idea, frankly). I really liked the first couple of issues of Btman & Robin when it was Dick and Damian just straight-up adventuring but sadsack Bruce Wayne had to come back and ruin all the fun!

I do think Morrison's run on Batman has been hit-and-miss at best. His ideas are always great though his delivery sometimes leaves a little to be desired. Oftentimes it depends on the artist on the story too. Quitely, Burnham and Stewart handle his stuff really well; others, not so much.

Completley agree with you on this! Once it was clear that the title was more about setting up Bruce's return (about halfway through Batman vs. Robin) it rapidly went downhill. Shame really as like you I really enjoyed it at first.

Morrison is such a love / hate thing for me. I love Batman Gothic. I loved Batman & Son, The Black Glove, R.I.P. and as I've said the first run of Batman & Robin, but I hated Final Crisis, ROBW, and the second half of B&R.

I like my Batman rough and ready, with plenty of grit, not time hopping with hyper-adapter infestations and cross dimensional beings.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 40
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 25/11/2011 10:57:23 PM   
directorscut

If it ain't Bruce Wayne it ain't Batman! Enough of this multiple character BS.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 41
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 12:16:21 AM   
Vadersville

Dick Grayson was actually awesome as Batman. Have you even read any of the Grayson Batman stuff, directorscut?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 42
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 1:47:40 AM   
directorscut

Read them? I don't even acknowledge their existence! If Bruce ain't Batman and Dick ain't Robin, it ain't canon!

Post #: 43
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 3:32:09 AM   
furrybastard

Personally I think they should have kept Bruce Wayne dead. He's essentially been corrupted by Miller's Dark Knight Returns and has never been able to break out of that so-called 'definitive' take on the character. Dick Grayson as Batman returned to the idea of Batman as a character who enjoyed himself as a hero and didn't just hang around on church steeples all night   Morrison's Dick and Damian dynamic was brilliant and very effective and Synder's Detective Comics showed a different side to the character whilst also staying true to the idea of Batman. I really do think DC missed a trick by not keeping Dick Grayson as Batman for a longer period of time. Bruce Wayne was always going to return but they could have kept him away for longer and keep up the fun adventure stories started in Batman & Robin.

I agree with Vadersville about the disappointment of Return of Bruce Wayne. Nice concept for a series but ultimately disappointing and it didn't really gel with the normal Batman series either. I liked Batman Inc. but there's no reason they couldn't have done the exact same story with Dick in the cowl. In fact, that story made more sense with Grayson as Batman than Bruce Wayne.

Post #: 44
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 11:57:15 AM   
Vadersville

directorscut - Do you actually like comics? I only ask because you seem to hate any story that acknowledges superheroes live in the same world as each other. You don't count any story that doesn't have Bruce Wayne as Batman, or Dick Grayson as Robin. You're limiting yourself a lot there to what you actually think is acceptable... How could you ever dislike something so much without even giving it a chance?

furrybastard - I'm not sure I agree with you on Batman being limited in terms of character because of TDKR, but I do agree that Bruce Wayne should have stayed dead for a lot longer. I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the dynamic between Grayson and Damien was in Batman & Robin and I loved Tony S. Daniel's run which focused more on Grayson as Batman on his own. But it was all undermined the second ROBW was announced. For starters, whilst we all knew that Bruce was going to have to return at some point, it took away from Grayson's tenure as Batman knowing just a few short months into it that it was going to be over in a year. Not only that but quickly after that, Batman & Robin went from being focused on Grayson and Damien to all about looking for clues to find Bruce.

Post #: 45
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 7:33:41 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

directorscut - Do you actually like comics? I only ask because you seem to hate any story that acknowledges superheroes live in the same world as each other. You don't count any story that doesn't have Bruce Wayne as Batman, or Dick Grayson as Robin. You're limiting yourself a lot there to what you actually think is acceptable... How could you ever dislike something so much without even giving it a chance?

Don't you prefer Batman to be gritty and realistic? How can Batman be gritty and realistic when you have the likes of Superman and Green Lantern running around? How is Superman any less ludicrous in Batman's world than the inter-dimensional time travel or something you dislike?

Then you have impact on the world and themes. For example, the X-Men's themes of prejudice and social exclusion work well when they are a small band of mutants hiding from and feared by the public but when you have hundreds if not thousands of superheroes like Fantastic Four or Spider-Man running around the world it loses its weight.

Same with character changes. If any Todd, Dick or Jason (see what I did there?) can be Batman it significantly undermines Bruce Wayne's role and diminishes how special he is.

Post #: 46
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 7:52:05 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Don't you prefer Batman to be gritty and realistic? How can Batman be gritty and realistic when you have the likes of Superman and Green Lantern running around? How is Superman any less ludicrous in Batman's world than the inter-dimensional time travel or something you dislike?

I can't help but think that this is a pointless line of debate right here. Yes I preferably like Batman more gritty than sci-fi but even I have to admit that the idea of a refugee alien who defies gravity and has super strength is no more ludicrous than a man who jumps around rooftops at night dressed as a bat. Batman and Superman have shared the page since 1939, and as far as I'm aware, the majority of Marvel's characters have shared the same world since Stan Lee, so its hardly something new. Besides if anything I think the contrast between the two characters actually often shows off Batman as a more grounded and interesting character. Read Final Crisis / ROBW and you'll see just how laughable the whole thing is.

quote:

Same with character changes. If any Todd, Dick or Jason (see what I did there?) can be Batman it significantly undermines Bruce Wayne's role and diminishes how special he is.

But it wasn't just any old character. It was Dick Grayson, Batman's original protege. The only man who could come close to filling Bruce's cape and cowl and even then the whole point of Battle for the Cowl and a lot of Grayson's tenure as Bats was how he couldn't replace Bruce. But instead he turned out to be a rather interesting alternative. But all of this is redundant anyway as you failed to respond to the actual question. How can you judge something so absolutley without first giving it a chance?

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 26/11/2011 9:26:35 PM >

Post #: 47
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 10:24:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Ah man! I'm trying real hard to like it, but just DONT GET BATMAN R.I.P?? I understood Watchmen, one of the most layered, deep and complicated graphic novels on my first reading, but this? Its just frustrating me, so much so i've moved onto my next comic. I feel bad saying this, I feel all comics have their strenghts and weaknesses, have their fans and loathers, I rarely give up that easy, but the only way I feel I can fully grasp this comic is to start FROM THE BEGINING!!! A daunting task believe me!!

I've read Grant Morrsion's stuff before, quite liked some of his titles. But BATMAN R.I.P is doing my freakin' head in!!!

A shame. Up till then i've loved nearly ALL the Batman comics i've read. Even The Dark Knight Strikes Again. But this is....something else entirely! It a total head fuck!

Post #: 48
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 26/11/2011 10:39:15 PM   
Vadersville

Haha! I loved Batman R.I.P. but yeah elements of it do make you think "WTF did I just read?!" and you have to go back and re-read it. For me though, the only thing left unexplained was who or what Dr.Hurt was?! And now, having read the resolution in Batman Must Die! I have to say, I preferred it left as a mystery.

Post #: 49
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/11/2011 2:35:08 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Haha! I loved Batman R.I.P. but yeah elements of it do make you think "WTF did I just read?!" and you have to go back and re-read it. For me though, the only thing left unexplained was who or what Dr.Hurt was?! And now, having read the resolution in Batman Must Die! I have to say, I preferred it left as a mystery.

I hate giving up on anything, esp something i've started reading. And i'll finish Batman R.I.P if it kills me!!!

Having said that, just finished reading Hellboy; Seed of Destruction. It was a very enjoyable book, the story was not the best, however I felt the artwork more than made up for it. I loved the two short stories at the end, one where Hellboy meets Anubis the egyptian dog god, and the second where he fights a talking gorilla and his talking-head-in-a-jar Nazi sidekick! Ha ha! Theres some nice artwork too, of Hellboy, you can see earlier concepts of him, and how he morphed into the man/demon he is today!! So a very enjoyable read. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next volume!

HELLBOY STORY **** 4/5
HELLBOY COMIC ART ***** 5/5

Post #: 50
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/11/2011 6:34:48 PM   
furrybastard

Batman R.I.P. isn't a standalone story though, it's pretty much the end of the first arc of Grant Morrison's Batman run (with RoBW/Batman & Robin being the middle arc and Batman Inc. the concluding chapter!) and R.I.P. in particular does run in tandem with Final Crisis (the collection of which I read recently and really enjoyed as a completely bonkers, all-out -action-adventure crossover).  I would suggest starting at the beginning of Morrison's run on the character, frmom about #650 or so.

One of the things I liked about Morrison's run is his idea that all of the various iterations of Batman from the 30s onwards are equally legitimate and he is can jump through and mix them up as much as he likes. This has led to a somewhat schizophrenic and hard-to-pin-down version of Batman but it has made for some rather good Batman stories. I really liked The Black Glove story drawn by J.H. Williams III, for example.

Post #: 51
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/11/2011 7:11:54 PM   
furrybastard

Speak of the devil...

A rather good overview of Grant Morrison's work has just appeared on CBR's Robot 6 blog (Click). I'll just post the Batman bits as it relates to the last few comments but the whole thing is worth a look and I would largely agree with his order of series and opinions on them.

quote:

If you haven't guessed yet, Batman is clearly Morrison's favorite superhero. Or, at any rate, he's the superhero he's spent the most time with, having not only done the previous two books but also having written the eponymous Batman series from 2007 to 2010. Here he attempted to incorporate every single aspect of the character's mythos from the past 70-odd years, from the silly to the profound. Again, it's hard to fault his ambition, but it's clear certain artists weren't on the same page as Morrison or weren't capable of matching his vision and thus the quality and tone vary wildly. Morrison's run is collected in Batman and Son, The Black Glove (the best of the bunch, with some great art by J.H. Williams III), The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (another multi-series crossover Morrison took part in), Batman R.I.P. (where everything comes to a head), and the coda, Time and the Batman, which also re-explains some events from Final Crisis.

quote:

Morrison hit the ground running from his Batman run with Batman and Robin, which imagines first Robin Dick Grayson taking over the Batman role in Bruce Wayne's absence, joined by Wayne's cocky illegitimate son Damian. This was a deliberate attempt to harken back to the goofy TV show and carefree era of the 60s, while maintaining a bit of menace and gravitas. Overall it's a more successful run than Batman, though, once again, there are some really awful stumbles depending on who's handling the artistic chores. You can read the whole thing in  Batman Reborn, Batman vs. Robin and Batman and Robin Must Die!

quote:

The whole saga came to a head in Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, which found Bruce Wayne traveling through time here a caveman, there a puritan but still solving crimes and righting wrongs. Honestly, the whole thing feels a bit perfunctory and is not one of Morrison's better works.  Much better is the series it led into, Batman Inc., which finds Wayne expanding his superhero empire around the globe. So far that series has been pretty solid and though it's currently on hiatus, there's no reason to suspect the quality will dip down once it returns.

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 28/11/2011 7:13:54 PM >

Post #: 52
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/11/2011 7:18:34 PM   
directorscut

There's a really great issue of Batman Inc Morrison wrote involving Batwoman that's set during several different eras of the comic and uses the different art styles for each.

I got it for a 1.

Post #: 53
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 28/11/2011 8:33:00 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I'm just re- reading BATMAN R.I.P as we speak, i've now started to understand a few things, hence this reading is going a bit better, dare I say enjoyable, than the last! Anyway, did a little look up online regarding R.I.P, I was quite surprised to find out that R.I.P stands NOT for Rest in Peace, but Rot In Pergatory!! That explains a lot actually, because in the book, Batman IS stuck his own hell, or pergatory!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 28/11/2011 8:38:16 PM >

Post #: 54
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 10:33:23 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Batman R.I.P. isn't a standalone story though, it's pretty much the end of the first arc of Grant Morrison's Batman run (with RoBW/Batman & Robin being the middle arc and Batman Inc. the concluding chapter!) and R.I.P. in particular does run in tandem with Final Crisis (the collection of which I read recently and really enjoyed as a completely bonkers, all-out -action-adventure crossover).  I would suggest starting at the beginning of Morrison's run on the character, frmom about #650 or so.

You make a good point here about Batman R.I.P., it really isn't a stand alone story but the climax to Morrison's "first arc". Interesting as you pointed this out I realised I loved all of his first run: Batman & Son, The Black Glove, The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul and R.I.P.. After that, is where it started going down hill, although that said, I loved Batman & Robin during the Batman Reborn story but it got progressively worse as it went on.

Batman & Robin became less about Batman and Robin and all about the search for Bruce Wayne. The Return of Bruce Wayne was like some strange Batman parody of Quantum Leap. At the last panel of each issue when he leaped into another era, I honestly kept expecting Bruce to exclaim "Oh Boy!" I'm surprised that they didn't have Bruce sport a white streak in his hair when he came back to the present (explained away as a result of the cross dimesionsal hyper adapter time warping bullshit...). And Batman INC as a concept is just the most stupid thing ever. Bruce Wayne has spent years building up his playboy reputation to distance himself as much as possible from Batman only to then publicy associate himself with Bats by claiming he's funded him all along. D'oh! Still at least the epic Batwing comic came out of it and in Batman The Dark Knight they have hinted at least at the legal ramifications Bruce would face openly funding an organisation of illegal vigilantes or as some governments would definitley label them, terrorists.

Post #: 55
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 1:25:03 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Just finished reading BATMAN R.I.P, yes you've heard me right, FINISHED! A task which seemed so daunting, given the subject matter and the very head screwy storyline, it feels like a small victory of sorts!

And I have to say that it made for a good read, not the best, but a satisfactory one. I think the fact I decided to re-read it from the start made my second reading a lot easier. A lot of things fell in place. What i've learnt from the story is this; Batman is one psychotic son of a bitch! He puts himself through mental (as well as physical) torture just to TEST himself. In order to understand his foes, he has to think like them, he himself has to be mentally broken so he can have a back up plan whenever the criminals decide to wage mental war against him. And of course, the baddies always under-estimate him, I refer to Dr. Hurt, save The Joker who is weary of Batman's threat, even when he's (Bats) buried 6 feet beneath the ground, The Joker knows that for Batman, breaking out of a coffin, bound, buried underground- is peanuts for the Caped Crusader!

I enjoyed R.I.P, more than I expected to be honest! I also liked the short at the end 'The Butler Did It', which again examines how tough a nut Batman is to crack, even when he is vulnerable, and the psycho's try to use his own mind to break him, Batman KNOWS even in dreaming, that something is up. I loved the alternative life of Batman, a fantasy life where his parents lived. He is not the world's greatest superhero detective, but a doctor. A bum. His mum controls his life. Theres a part where he says,''I wish they they had died'', to which 'alfred' replies, 'you dont mean that''. Now the question is, is Alfred really who he says he is? I thought it was a really well written, and illustrated story.

It is not an easy read, far from it, but I would urge all Bat fan's (those who havent read it yer) to give it a go.

Just a question for those who have read it;

We see Batman going down with the helicopter as it crashes towards the end. Of course you think he has died. (hence the title?) but we see Nightwing holding Batman's mask, so

A) Is Batman really dead ( I think he's alive!)

B) Does Nightwing become Batman?

We see a shot of what looks like Batman's shadow, in The Hunchback's lair, he cries out ''you're dead'', does that imply its Batman returned, or Nightwing AS Batman? I haven't read the next story arc by Morrison, so am in the dark so to speak. Any information would be helpful! Thanks

BATMAN R.I.P **** 4/5

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 12/9/2012 10:29:51 AM >

Post #: 56
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 7:53:26 PM   
Vadersville

Nexus, buy Batlle for the Cowl by Tony S Daniel. It follows what happens next in Gotham and is quite frankly awesome. It's not part of the Morrison arc, but fills the gap between R.I.P. and Batman Reborn.

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 29/11/2011 7:54:17 PM >

Post #: 57
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 8:04:25 PM   
directorscut

Did the dinosaur become Batman???

Post #: 58
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 8:10:06 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Vadersville,

Thanks for the info mate - I will definitely look it up! The cover art looks fucking amazing! I'll keep my eyes peeled.....

Regarding R.I.P, a really good read, I would definitely love to read the next story arc/follow on, so your info is invaluable.

Cheers!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 12/9/2012 10:24:48 AM >

Post #: 59
RE: What comic book are you reading right now? - 29/11/2011 8:18:25 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

Did the dinosaur become Batman???

Oh dear. Yet another pedantic comment courtsey of your friendly neighbourhood directorscut.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: What comic book are you reading right now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI