Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 15/11/2011 9:29:05 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Right on Empire! - 15/11/2011 11:09:40 AM   
tallaght24

Such a spot on review. This game is stunning! Bigger and better in every way. If you thought that Bethesda couldn't improve on Oblivion then you thought wrong. This game does the impossible and exceeds all expectations. If you haven't bought this game yet....WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Agreed - 15/11/2011 1:46:33 PM   
Ledbowie

I've taken a day off work on Friday to immerse myself in the glory of this game, played it for a few hours and it is fantastic.

Higky recommended!

Post #: 3
Agreed - 15/11/2011 1:46:37 PM   
Ledbowie

I've taken a day off work on Friday to immerse myself in the glory of this game, played it for a few hours and it is fantastic.

Higky recommended!

Post #: 4
I wasn't completely satisfied - 23/11/2011 3:01:10 PM   
DarbyDaresYou

No lie, I killed a fox and it froze, as if dead but fell down some steps all glitchy and frozen. If it had moved a bit to signify its falling down some steps I might not have cared! Also, the glitching, ESPECIALLY in serious fights, sooooo ANNOYING!
Overall, I had high hopes for this game and enjoyed playing it, but not to the point where I'd take the day off to play it.

Post #: 5
- 4/12/2011 12:20:25 AM   
Gazz

I've never been a fan of RPG's (not through lack of trying) but from the moment I installed Skyrim it has absorbed my life and immersed me in one of the most brilliant fantasy worlds I've ever seen. 40 hours in and I've only just scratched the surface.

Love it. Great review.

Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 28/12/2011 9:34:39 AM   
2Dogs

Really, didn't any of you think the graphics were terrible, like something off the Amiga in the 1980's? I'm playing it in full HD on a 36" screen in my office. Also the combat is woeful. Shame.
Post #: 7
RE: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Review - 16/1/2012 6:39:43 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Was going to buy this game but then I got a Arrow in the .................,I get my coat.
Post #: 8
RE: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Review - 22/2/2012 11:33:54 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: sisparo

i really like skyrim - especially the soundtrack is great!!!

I sometimes don't even play it and just listen to the menu.

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 22/2/2012 12:53:22 PM >
Post #: 9
RE: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Review - 5/3/2012 9:59:04 AM   
st3veebee

I'll try to make this short:

HUGE fan of Oblivion (I blame it for not doing better in my leaving certifiicate) so to say I had high hopes for this was something of an understatement. Nearly 4 months after release I summon up the strength to leave the land of Skyrim just to write this review. Yes...I quite like it.

It's hard to sum up just why this game is so good. The freedom to create your own character and explore a vast world full of treaure and danger?, or to take on the responsibility of protecting the land from a dragon invasion?, or to become a master thief or assassin?, or maybe the fact you can marry a native and live off the land hunting and working for mediocre pay...the fact you have all these options and more. It's incredible.

Minor quibbles: combat could have been improved a bit more, landscape could have little more variation more weapons etc.

My advice to buy it on PC. Look's better and has mods.

5/5

< Message edited by st3veebee -- 5/3/2012 11:21:20 AM >

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 10
200 Hours in.... - 10/3/2012 5:50:23 AM   
docksidedave

...Been playing this since xmas,,just about to reach level 60...not even touched the main quest,really.Started as a Mage-type but now loving sneaking and sniping evil things with my soul-sucking,daedra-banishing bow.Only one tiny gripe,i like to play as a total Paragon,(as in the FABULOUS Mass Effect games),but in this you sometimes have to do questionable things in order to advance and get great stuff.That said,i think it is utterly wonderfu.

Post #: 11
Divorce inducing addictiveness - 11/3/2012 12:02:59 AM   
Agegarton

I haven't played much since my teenage years, but a new Xbox and this game for Christmas sucked me back in and I can't get out! I'm approaching level 60, a Mage of superior skill and warrior with a mean arm for a mace. The graphics are simply stunning, and the characterization is marvelous. The sheer volume of quests has me addicted completely, such that I fear a divorce coming on. I suspect I'd have been alright had I not mentioned that I had got married in the game...... Tsk Tsk.

Simply excellent.

Post #: 12
It's no Oblivion - 29/9/2013 12:32:22 AM   
Jericho117

Everything that made Oblivion so transporting is missing in Skyrim. Gone are the many caves, fortress's, quests and sense of wonder, instead replaced by a lot less of everything that the previous game had, witch really hurts it. Although the main story quest is the best in the series, it's not enough to make this game truly shine.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI