Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

O K MOVIE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> O K MOVIE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
O K MOVIE - 18/11/2011 10:24:53 PM   
soulfood

C. G. I. is good, Movie is just o k

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
It was a fantastic cinematic experience! Loved it! - 26/11/2011 8:46:33 PM   
U Boll

Okay the characters were a little on the thin side but boy it looked incredible, Rourke was a superb villain and the action took my breath away.

Post #: 32
Surprise Surprise - 29/11/2011 4:53:46 PM   
Bighousewill

My god the trailer for this was awful and I instantly decided not to bother with it based on that reason but when there were limited choice at my cinema dew to certain films not being distributed there I gave into my boredom and went to see it and Surprise it was decent enough. My lesson trust Empire star ratings. But you have to admit it did look like a pile of wank in the trailers right?

Post #: 33
Visually stunning but... - 10/2/2012 12:53:49 PM   
Ian_Phoenix

what is wrong with Hollywood? Why do they want to do a movie based on a myth when they dont follow anything but a few random names of heroes.
I know its a bit of a late review but i refused to go to the cinema and watch it because i knew that i will be dissapointed as i was with the Clash of Titans.

I dont know where to begin from...
Gods...visually powerful with stunning costumes but not even close to their characters. Not once the all mighty Zeus did use his lightning and bolt! He left his brother Poseidon to ''die'', who shouldnt be able to die the first place. The myth says that the Titans-Gods war was so fierce that mountains were ripped off and thrown to each other. Titans here respresented a dissapointing war machines that looked like humans covered in mud and were able to kill with stones and metallic bars. Titans as the name suggests were tall huge and represented nature. Gaia was Earth, Uranus the sky, Cronus and Rhea the parents of the twelve Gods etc.
Athena was a rather beautiful deity in this movie that was so coward that wouldnt dare to go against her father when the real myth says that she was stubborn and even her father respected her tantrums. When was Apollo? Artemis? Hera?
Only five Gods fighting the Titans.
And the script was rather awful. There were times that i was gobsmacked and i was wondering how it ended up on that scene when the previous scene had nothing to do about it.
And there you go. A humanity that doesnt believe in Gods saying that its only a myth though there you go, they are aware where the Titans live. Tartarus is a city rather the end depths of Earth.
King Hyperios is a rather sadistic person that has an army that kills everything for the Eperus Bow when the bow is used only once or twice in the movie.
Theseus doesnt know his father when the myth says that it was Poseidon that slept with Aithra. Phedra was a priestess when the myth says it was Ariadne's Sister. Ariadne no where to be seen in the movie when the my

Post #: 34
Load of rubbish - 21/2/2012 2:36:23 AM   
Tootled

It looked quite nice, and Freida Pinto has a nice arse, assuming it was actually hers. Other than that, I can't think of anything else positive to say about it.

Post #: 35
Immortals Review - 29/2/2012 1:36:58 AM   
the film man

The melding of real sets, CG work, some impressive action sequences and Tarsem's signature style produces fireworks, though the same can't be said for Immortals slack, boring storytelling.

Post #: 36
What R some people on about??? - 15/3/2012 10:45:42 PM   
dannyfletch

I was pleasantly surprised by Immortals and found it great entertainment! Much better than Snyder's lame 300 or the even lamer Clash of the Titans. It may be style over substance but I've always liked Singh's style and would happily watch this numerous times!

Post #: 37
Pleasantly Surprised - 15/3/2012 10:46:07 PM   
BeerMoth

The titans weren't very titanic were they..? Just looked like they needed a good wash is all....
That aside, I quite enjoyed this. It was a cross between 300 and the remake of Clash of the Titans... for better or worse.
Henry Cavill was solid, which bodes well for Superman!

Post #: 38
- 15/3/2012 10:48:04 PM   
BeerMoth

Ha, dannyfletch! How weird is the timing of that!?

Post #: 39
- 15/3/2012 10:51:23 PM   
BeerMoth

Ha, dannyfletch! How weird is the timing of that!?

Post #: 40
Zzzzzzzz - 4/4/2012 4:45:31 PM   
Naiilyboy

I was looking forward to this film. What a waste of my time. Only one star...the action at the end was good, I cant even remember much of the film now....... So that goes to show the impact it had. I've had more entertainment watching. The Empire reviewer Helen ------ only gave Wrath of the Titans 2 stars,,,, and this 3.... The world is going mad!

Post #: 41
Good fun - 14/8/2012 7:53:06 PM   
danielthompson99

Rourke is awesome and seems to enjoy himself. The gods are done well too.
Growing up with these legends, it's fun to see them in all the CGI glory.

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> O K MOVIE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI