Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 13/11/2011 12:15:58 AM   
jncorbett

In terms of sales, this will definitely be game of the month and probably game of the year. However, as someone who's not that fussed about multiplayer (though I acknowledge from my limited playing of various COD entries that they do it very well), the single player isn't that great. This week I completed Uncharted 3 and MW3. MW3 took less than a day, the graphics weren't nearly as sharp as Uncharted 3 (mainly because U3 was developed solely for the PS3 and MW3 was developed primarily for the 360; 9GB DVD vs. 50GB blu-ray = inevitably s**tting all over the inferior format) and the cinematic set-pieces were good but definitely not as good as those of Uncharted. Of the games I've played so far this year, I'd rate Uncharted 3 top of the pile. Admittedly, I've yet to play Skyrim and Skyward Sword though.

In short, a very good game, but too short and definitely not the best way to spend £40.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
idiotic Reviewers - 16/11/2011 1:45:41 PM   
Hillsman

What is the point in comparing Battlefield's MP with MW3? They are both entirely different offerings. BF relies heavily on team work, tactics and strategy on large maps. MW3 provides fast-paced, almost arcade style game-play on smaller maps, which can be enjoyed individually or as part of your party. I personally find MW3 to be solid, with some very welcome customisation options (e.g. kill-streak selections per class!!) and also fairly difficult with its ridiculous bullet-damage that favours campers and sneaky (cowardly) Assassin-Perk users. The Campaign mode is ludicrous again, but the story makes a little more sense this time and it is still fun to play through with enjoyable set-pieces. And there is always the compulsion to go for those trophies. With 100s of hours of gameplay available (Co-op online missions anyone?!) this is a superb package! If only they'd reduce the bullet damage......

Post #: 32
Chillax... - 25/11/2011 12:45:32 PM   
Sparkykelly69

I have yet to play this game, but I have played all the previous COD versions since it hit the PS3, and I have to give to it Activision, it may be the same old same old, but Modern Warfare is far superior to any of Treyarchs offerings. Treyarchs games are always shinier than Activisions, but when it comes down to it they just dont have that something special that makes you want to reply the game. Modern Warfare 4 is still an amazing game to play, as is MW2. I know the single player mode is short, and can be finished it the time it takes to boil the kettle but I like my tea and drink plenty of it. through out the day : ) . I couldnt get into Battlefield, the first one was shoddy, and I have stayed clear of it since. BF3 looks the shizzle, but so do most of the trailers for a Nic Cage movie, the best bits are in always in the trailer.... as this is the first outing with the new producers and activision I will give this a chance, if its shit then it'll be traded in like all the other treyarch games ive bought. I bought Uncharted 3, and its a good romp, easy to play through but im a horder and love spending ages looking for all the hidden treasures, as it stands I would say uncharted 3 is one of the best games this year, but thats only because I haven't Batman Arkham City either....roll on xmas......will give MW3 3 stars only cos I love all activision previous outings, rating may go up or down once ive played it.

Post #: 33
Chillax... - 25/11/2011 1:53:49 PM   
Sparkykelly69

I have yet to play this game, but I have played all the previous COD versions since it hit the PS3, and I have to give to it Activision, it may be the same old same old, but Modern Warfare is far superior to any of Treyarchs offerings. Treyarchs games are always shinier than Activisions, but when it comes down to it they just dont have that something special that makes you want to reply the game. Modern Warfare 4 is still an amazing game to play, as is MW2. I know the single player mode is short, and can be finished it the time it takes to boil the kettle but I like my tea and drink plenty of it. through out the day : ) . I couldnt get into Battlefield, the first one was shoddy, and I have stayed clear of it since. BF3 looks the shizzle, but so do most of the trailers for a Nic Cage movie, the best bits are in always in the trailer.... as this is the first outing with the new producers and activision I will give this a chance, if its shit then it'll be traded in like all the other treyarch games ive bought. I bought Uncharted 3, and its a good romp, easy to play through but im a horder and love spending ages looking for all the hidden treasures, as it stands I would say uncharted 3 is one of the best games this year, but thats only because I haven't Batman Arkham City either....roll on xmas......will give MW3 3 stars only cos I love all activision previous outings, rating may go up or down once ive played it.

Post #: 34
yawn... - 21/1/2012 3:03:00 PM   
jackcarlin18

story is average graphics effective buy gameplay... undecribable! poor poor poor

Post #: 35
MASS EFFECT 3: TAKING EARTH BACK - 23/2/2012 12:10:18 PM   
Rebelbumscum

You want a shooter but with a little more imaginative (and longer) story then look no further than Mass Effect 1, 2 and now 3
These games are AWESOME! Watch this trailer for Mass Effect 3. Empire please write a piece on how Bioware should go into the movie business!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY

Post #: 36
RE: MASS EFFECT 3: TAKING EARTH BACK - 5/3/2012 11:31:23 AM   
st3veebee

GOOD:

-Refined and smooth gameplay.
-Brilliant multilplayer with fantastic game-modes
-Solid selection of guns
-Fun but short single player
-Customizing your player with perks, gun attachments and explosives is a blast.

BAD:

-Graphics look dated, especially compared with BF3
-Online is full of hackers who ruin games.
-Not the best map selection, no stand outs
-Guns are somewhat familiar.
-Skill difference goes as follows: (Crap players (me) and far too good players)..no in between really.

It will always be fun to play but a little creaivity and a lot more graphical power could have shut up the nay-sayers for a while. The online is still frenzied fantastic fun.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Rebelbumscum)
Post #: 37
RE: Chillax... - 19/3/2012 2:27:45 PM   
Mattrudyuk

Erm......how do you review a game if you've never played it??  That's like me saying that I find you dull and uninformed and presume you have pale skin, not many friends and live with your parents even though you are 37 years of age because I have met people who do similar things.  How close am I?

(in reply to Sparkykelly69)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI