Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Modern Warfare 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> Modern Warfare 3 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modern Warfare 3 - 8/11/2011 10:11:46 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 8/11/2011 1:12:52 PM   
chicane09

Well played Empire. You just joined the host of morons that reviewd this game. This game is an expensive map pack, nothing more. The graphics engine is about 5 years old and looks terrible, the sound quality is still awful and sounds like you are firing pop corn.
The MP is just as it was. Same awful hit reg and perks renamed to look different.
Activision is shafting the consumer with it's copy/paste game and you are enabling them. Well played.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Awesome game! - 8/11/2011 2:15:07 PM   
I Went Down

I'm loving it. Spot on review, Empire! Chicane09 - pretty much everyone has given this top marks, so how has Empire 'joined the host of morons?' Sure, the engine is now dated and they'll have to update it for the next one but the amazing experience that makes COD, COD is all there including the best multiplayer yet. You don't happen to work for EA, do you? Either way, you smell of sticky man wee!

Post #: 3
RE: Awesome game! - 8/11/2011 2:49:54 PM   
Whistler

Indeed.

< Message edited by Whistler -- 11/11/2011 11:43:49 PM >

(in reply to I Went Down)
Post #: 4
Mind blowing! - 8/11/2011 2:52:33 PM   
tallaght24

Wow, wow, wow! What a smashing game! The story is gripping with moments of genuine genius. Multiplayer is as brilliant as you remember. @chicane09 what the Jesus are you talking about?!?!? You know fuck all!

Post #: 5
RE: - 8/11/2011 3:38:30 PM   
Mooton

quote:

ORIGINAL: chicane09

Well played Empire. You just joined the host of morons that reviewd this game. This game is an expensive map pack, nothing more. The graphics engine is about 5 years old and looks terrible, the sound quality is still awful and sounds like you are firing pop corn.
The MP is just as it was. Same awful hit reg and perks renamed to look different.
Activision is shafting the consumer with it's copy/paste game and you are enabling them. Well played.

Could not agree more. Well Said.

(in reply to chicane09)
Post #: 6
RE: Awesome game! - 8/11/2011 4:46:04 PM   
chicane09

quote:

ORIGINAL: I Went Down

I'm loving it. Spot on review, Empire! Chicane09 - pretty much everyone has given this top marks, so how has Empire 'joined the host of morons?' Sure, the engine is now dated and they'll have to update it for the next one but the amazing experience that makes COD, COD is all there including the best multiplayer yet. You don't happen to work for EA, do you? Either way, you smell of sticky man wee!

Because most of the reviewers are bashing the game, calling it "the same old stuff" saying it's nothing new, same game engine, same mp. All repackaged but still giving it a high score. So either they have been paid to review it that way or they are complete morons. As are you obviously. "Best mp yet"?? LOL I really don't think so. Go back to your xbrick kiddo. Let the grown ups talk.

Shiny.......lets be bad guys!

Post #: 7
RE: Awesome game! - 8/11/2011 5:08:21 PM   
I Went Down

quote:

quote:

Because most of the reviewers are bashing the game, calling it "the same old stuff" saying it's nothing new, same game engine, same mp. All repackaged but still giving it a high score. So either they have been paid to review it that way or they are complete morons. As are you obviously. "Best mp yet"?? LOL I really don't think so. Go back to your xbrick kiddo. Let the grown ups talk.

Paid to review it - that old one rears its ugly head again. Come on, do you really think that? You must be one dumb bastard if you do. I feel sorry for your mama.

(in reply to chicane09)
Post #: 8
RE: Awesome game! - 8/11/2011 5:57:12 PM   
chicane09

quote:

quote:

quote:

Paid to review it - that old one rears its ugly head again. Come on, do you really think that? You must be one dumb bastard if you do. I feel sorry for your mama.

Feel sorry for yourself sunshine. if you don't think it happens I pity you. here is proof of a well know publication (Gamestrailers) that clearly are taking money. They contradict themselves more than the bible. It happens, deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnJqJ9hO4w

I have no doubt that EA do it too, really wouldn't surprise me at all. But you only need look at the user reviews on Metacritic 2.8/10 at the moment to get the real picture.

Shiny.......lets be bad guys!

Post #: 9
Wow - 8/11/2011 10:01:56 PM   
Carne

Empire has bee blasting advertisements all over the place lately for this game, and now suddenly you rate it 5/5? I wonder why...

The singleplayer is basically one long cutscene and the multiplayer is the same crap from the previous one. Sorry, but I can imagine Empire was paid a bit to give this a positive score.

Post #: 10
Ripoff - 9/11/2011 12:06:08 AM   
spamandham

Avoid this dross,

- Awful borderline racist war mongering sub hollywood 'storyline' that would male michael bay blush
- same old hideously unbalanced MP
- 5 hour SP campaign. Most addons/ dlc's are longer
- review copies purposefully withheld from reputable reviewers until after release (always a bad sign, always done to hide a game
  publishers know to be bad)    
- tired rehash of a played out franchise (recycled game play, out of date graphics), all the bad attributes of an annual fifa / madden
etc game

Obviously a lot of peoples palms have been greased to shift this cynical act of exploitation to gamers (and more likely the ignorant parents of school children).

Overall 32%

Post #: 11
RE: Ripoff - 9/11/2011 12:17:22 AM   
Carne

Yup. For example, PC Gamer "accidentally" got the wrong version of the game (XBox 360) sent by Activision, and it's so obviously because they gave Black Ops a bad rating. Rock, Paper, Shotgun didn't get a version either, because they gave a bad rating to MW2.

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 12
RE: Wow - 9/11/2011 12:59:38 AM   
Whistler

Despite having ordered the game, I haven't played it yet so there's no bias here (for all I know it could be either great or a steaming pile of jobby). But why isn't it possible that Empire actually just liked the game? Why MUST it be a conspiracy? I've been skimming through reviews on various sites and it's the same everywhere: anyone who reviews it positively gets slated for either being "fanboys", "afraid to admit COD isn't good any more", or our very own "they were paid to review it". For some reason, COD - which used to be hailed as a great franchise - has become the Justin Bieber of video games. People think it's cool to hate on it (or nooby to like it). Anyway, by no means am I saying they're the best games ever, but they're still a hell of a lot of fun and provide endless playing hours. I guess what I'm saying is, just accept the review for what it is - someone else's opinion, and if you can't do that, go ahead and write your own instead of bitching about this one. It is possible that some people like the game.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I do wonder what the chances of me not receiving an angry response are...

(in reply to Carne)
Post #: 13
great game - 9/11/2011 1:13:35 AM   
boogieknight71

I'll be playing this for months, fast and furious single-player and a fantastic multiplayer experience, loving it.
PSN id-
BoogieKnight71
join me.

Post #: 14
great game - 9/11/2011 1:13:36 AM   
boogieknight71

great fun

< Message edited by boogieknight71 -- 9/11/2011 1:17:45 AM >

Post #: 15
You and what army... - 9/11/2011 10:47:35 AM   
rossabroad

Empire are just agreeing with the vast majority, nothing wrong with that. If everyone had slated the game and was showing an unusual bias we'd smell a rat but reviews have been consistently good (to great in a lot of credible cases). Get back in your holes trolls, try and be pathetic where other people can't see or hear you, the way it was meant to be.

Post #: 16
RE: You and what army... - 9/11/2011 11:31:13 AM   
Mooton

Believe what you want to believe and if you like it fair enough, each to their own. However when you look at metacritic and the highest user score out of all platforms is 2.4/10 (Xbox 360) then clearly something is not right with all these positive reviews.

If Empire liked it fine no problem but 5 stars really? They were not at all disappointed that there was hardly any innovation when developing the game and it is practically just a big map pack with a few extra weapons? Sorry, I dont buy it but that is my opinion, doesnt mean I am right or wrong its just what I think.

(in reply to rossabroad)
Post #: 17
Exceptional - 9/11/2011 1:19:20 PM   
spideed2

The SP campaign is breakneck, exiting and just about coherant. One long cutscene my arse, have any of you trollers actually played the capmpaign? Its a very new story, that ties up existing plot strands and it bally fun at that. Its also a linear but tightly constructed game that jumps betweeen sections with perfect pacing. Shames the quite frankly dull BF3 capmaign into a cocked hat.

The MP is slick and well put together. Plays to different strengths to BF3, but theres definetly room for both.

Then you have special ops as a bonus.

As some one who plays a lot of games with no agenda or bias, and finds tribalism and side taking tiresome and dull, i can confirm that this is a great value package for your money, for any FPS fans (aside from BF3 trollers who will believe ive been paid by Activision to write the above, of course).

< Message edited by spideed2 -- 9/11/2011 1:24:47 PM >

Post #: 18
Dog-sh%$ - 9/11/2011 1:20:41 PM   
shtonner

Agree with all negative comments above - Empire clearly has an agenda here and refuses to actually comment on which multi player is best out of BF or MWF. CLEARLY BF. Cod is bone dry. BF3 is SO awesome online. Ten times the game MW is. I don't even know anyone who bothers playing the campaign these days!

Post #: 19
RE: Dog-sh%$ - 9/11/2011 1:30:00 PM   
DanTDavies

why are a film magazine giving a headline review to a computer game?

Nope nothing out of the ordinary there at all.

By the way, any chance of an Immortals review? You know that mega-budget film due out on Friday?

(in reply to shtonner)
Post #: 20
RE: Dog-sh%$ - 9/11/2011 1:30:23 PM   
spideed2

Sorry repeat post

< Message edited by spideed2 -- 9/11/2011 1:34:16 PM >

(in reply to shtonner)
Post #: 21
RE: Dog-sh%$ - 9/11/2011 1:33:07 PM   
spideed2

quote:

ORIGINAL: shtonner

Agree with all negative comments above - Empire clearly has an agenda here and refuses to actually comment on which multi player is best out of BF or MWF. CLEARLY BF. Cod is bone dry. BF3 is SO awesome online. Ten times the game MW is. I don't even know anyone who bothers playing the campaign these days!

Oh look another person who hasnt played the game reviewing it online. Just what we needed. And why would Empire bang on about BF3 when it was reviewing another game?

Oh and sorry to burst the fact bubble, but i along with a lot of my XBL pals play the campaigns on games. They are just as important to me in the case of some titles

I like BF3 and CoD but they are good at different things, for instance BF3's TDM is pretty poor but CoDs is its speciality. But as a counterpoint id go for Conquest over Domination any day.

All the "BF3 is better lolz OMG FTW" is feckin childish.

< Message edited by spideed2 -- 9/11/2011 1:36:23 PM >

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 22
- 9/11/2011 2:05:22 PM   
artilleryman

What's the point of Empire reviewing this? It's about as interesting and incisive (or relevant) as Eurogamer reviewing a new cinema release...

Post #: 23
RE: Exceptional - 9/11/2011 3:17:46 PM   
Mooton

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

As some one who plays a lot of games with no agenda or bias, and finds tribalism and side taking tiresome and dull, i can confirm that this is a great value package for your money, for any FPS fans (aside from BF3 trollers who will believe ive been paid by Activision to write the above, of course).

I will be playing the SP campaign and multiplayer shortly as my brother has it, so when I visit his I will see what I personally think but from his comments and my personal expectations I cannot see my view changing.

Just for the record though, I could be classed as a "BF3 fanboi" if you want, I could not care less. I was also a "Cod fanboi" from Cod:Uo up until it became clear that all Activision are bothered about is milking this cash cow whilst the developers spew out the same thing every year. When BF goes the same way (which I think it will eventually) I will stop purchasing that as well and again I have owned every single BF to date.

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 24
Dog-shiz - 9/11/2011 4:18:02 PM   
spamandham

Anyone that has ever played a cod game is qualified to comment; played one played 'em all really.

I'm not accusing a conspiracy and i'm not "angry", I'm just disappointed mediocre / bad games can get 4/5 and even a perfect score if they are high profile enough.

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 25
- 9/11/2011 5:35:19 PM   
clarkkent

Don't understand why Empire is wasting it's time and money (which is at least partly out money as we buy the magazine) on something that isn't a film. Noticed a HUGE chunk of this month's issue had NOTHING to do with films at all. NOT. IMPRESSED.

Post #: 26
RE: - 9/11/2011 7:10:15 PM   
Zeromancer

quote:

Don't understand why Empire is wasting it's time and money on something that isn't a film.

Actually, Modern Warfare 3 is more a film than a game. On easier difficulties you can literally walk through the entire level without shooting anyone (because you teammates do that for you) and just enjoy the view. I think Activision Blizzard rips people off by refusing to sell MW3 for a movie ticket price.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 27
RE: RE: - 9/11/2011 10:02:19 PM   
MonsterCat

Why isn't Rgirvan all over this thread like white on rice?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Zeromancer)
Post #: 28
RE: Dog-sh%$ - 10/11/2011 11:07:51 AM   
DanTDavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanTDavies

why are a film magazine giving a headline review to a computer game?

Nope nothing out of the ordinary there at all.

By the way, any chance of an Immortals review? You know that mega-budget film due out on Friday?

Immortals now reviewed :) review is half the length of the above

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 29
awful game - 12/11/2011 8:35:34 PM   
spamandham

Game of the month when Skyrim is also released?! It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews >> Modern Warfare 3 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI