Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 21/11/2011 11:44:13 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Trouble is that listening to Fan(boy)s havs always been part of the Hollywood production process. Producers might scour the internet these days for ideas or to gauge the feelings of the movie going public, but that's something producers have always done with test screenings and focus groups. It's up to directors to fight their corner and fight to get their original vision up on screen.

That was all fine when the test screenings or focus groups were representative of the entire audience, and I'm sure there were plenty of other examples of improvements that were made after negative reactions (I Am Legend springs to mind - the theatrical ending still wasn't that great, but it was so much better than the original!).  These days, footage from almost every big superhero blockbuster will get its first appearance at ComicCon, in front of a baying audience of fanboys and girls, and it is their reaction (or the reaction of the AICN etc populace) that can make or break a movie before it even gets out of the gate.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 61
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 22/10/2012 9:53:35 AM   
Timon

I was reading Harry Knowles review of The Dark Knight Rises and he said it was absolutely rubbish because, in his eyes, it should have featured Clayface.

It made me think of this thread.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 62
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 23/10/2012 3:53:11 AM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I was reading Harry Knowles review of The Dark Knight Rises and he said it was absolutely rubbish because, in his eyes, it should have featured Clayface.

Completely, re-reading it it's just astonishing how it's not an objective review at all. It's the definition of the guy in his mom's basement screaming "It's not what I wanted!!! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

He mis-interprets the situation of the beginning of the film, complains that Liam Neeson looks older than he did in Batman Begins, Complains so many time that it's not what they do in the comics, and the last paragraph is just the most condescending statement to make to someone who actually enjoys the film.

He writes that after he watched the film a rep for Warner Brothers asked what he thought and he said he told him it was a waste of $250 million and of Batman. I just can perfectly imagine how much of a child he must have sounded at that moment.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 63
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 23/10/2012 10:45:12 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Harry Knowles' opinions are always completely irrelevant, i've learnt to not read anything he writes. Kind of like many do with me on these boards

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 64
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys. Who In Turn S... - 23/10/2012 5:39:52 PM   
Woger

In fairness, the fan boys were right about Poochy.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 65
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys. Who In Turn S... - 23/10/2012 5:53:19 PM   
jcthefirst

JUst after reading his 'review.'

What a ballbag.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 66
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 25/10/2012 11:55:03 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

just read the review at no point does he say clayface should have been in it. he says that clayface would be an awesome villian to use in a batman film which is true. I also found myself agreeing with alot of what he said but then,i didnt like the dark knight rises very much.It was a well made film but one that for a film that took 4 years to make seemed rushed?

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 67
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 25/10/2012 12:36:48 PM   
Porrohman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Harry Knowles' opinions are always completely irrelevant, i've learnt to not read anything he writes. Kind of like many do with me on these boards

Oh you must read his Blade 2 review! It's the stuff of legend!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 68
RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn ... - 28/10/2012 12:56:50 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porrohman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Oh you must read his Blade 2 review! It's the stuff of legend!

I'd rather re-read the 120 Days of Sodom.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Porrohman)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI