Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 10/12/2012 7:06:18 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

Although it is very gory and too distrubing for some I`m loving this series. The actress who plays the demonically possessed nun was the younger ghost version of the maid in the first season I didn`t recognise her until I looked up the cast on IMDB. Your either going to love or hate it the show is very full on but I`m hooked and Jessica Lange is just superb again.

Are you sure? I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure it isn't the same actress that played the young maid. I thought it was the doctor dudes wife who wanted a baby....

Also, this series is really crap. The wife is enjoying it but I find myself getting distracted by things because it's well.......crap.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 121
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 17/12/2012 8:45:41 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've given up on this now. I'll just wait and hope Season 3 is a huge improvement.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 122
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 19/12/2012 4:47:52 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Although it is very gory and too distrubing for some I`m loving this series. The actress who plays the demonically possessed nun was the younger ghost version of the maid in the first season I didn`t recognise her until I looked up the cast on IMDB. Your either going to love or hate it the show is very full on but I`m hooked and Jessica Lange is just superb again.

Are you sure? I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure it isn't the same actress that played the young maid. I thought it was the doctor dudes wife who wanted a baby....

Also, this series is really crap. The wife is enjoying it but I find myself getting distracted by things because it's well.......crap.

I`m positive it states that on IMDB and I can see it she was just wearing a wig in the last season. The doctors wife was played by a completely differen actress who looks nothing like her and so far isn`t in this series. I`m still gripped by it but it is harder to watch being so gruesome and some of the plotlines are too randon like the alien abduction plot. Ian McShane was just vile last night as a gun shooting Santa a very distrubing performance. I loved the Angel of Death dressed as a greving widow who gives it`s victims the kiss of death and those amazing black wings.

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 19/12/2012 4:51:58 PM >

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 123
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 19/12/2012 5:50:27 PM   
Lang

Are they making it up as they go along?

Post #: 124
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 19/12/2012 6:43:42 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Are they making it up as they go along?

Probably!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 125
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 20/12/2012 10:40:21 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I`m positive it states that on IMDB and I can see it she was just wearing a wig in the last season. The doctors wife was played by a completely differen actress who looks nothing like her and so far isn`t in this series. I`m still gripped by it but it is harder to watch being so gruesome and some of the plotlines are too randon like the alien abduction plot. Ian McShane was just vile last night as a gun shooting Santa a very distrubing performance. I loved the Angel of Death dressed as a greving widow who gives it`s victims the kiss of death and those amazing black wings.

Sorry CC, but YFU is correct - Lily Rabe is the actress playing Sister Mary Eunice, and while she was indeed in Season one as well, it was as Nora Montgomery, the wife of the crazed surgeon, not the young Moira (who was played by Alexandra Breckenridge).

As for the show itself, while I'm still finding it to be very enjoyable, I do wish that they'd just decide what the hell is going on!  The wife has come up with the theory that the asylum is in fact purgatory, with the inmates all being made to suffer for their crimes. Me, I'm not so sure - I am starting to come to the belief that all will not be revealed this season!

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 20/12/2012 10:50:57 AM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 126
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 20/12/2012 10:56:57 AM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry CC, but YFU is correct - Lily Rabe is the actress playing Sister Mary Wunice, and while she was indeed in Season one as well, it was as Nora Montgomery, the wife of the crazed surgeon, not the young Moira (who was played by Alexandra Breckenridge).

My mistake your both right. When the doctors wife was mentioned I thought it was the wife who had moved in to the house with her family.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 127
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 20/12/2012 11:11:00 AM   
sharkboy

Well, if it's any consolation the Dark Angel is played by the same actress that played the older maid

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 128
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 29/1/2013 11:11:53 PM   
losthighway

So I'm presuming from that ending that Lana was the evil one all along. She made it all up after not being granted access to the asylum for her story. And Johnny wasn't really bloody faces son either. She lied about that too hence why she said she'd created him at the end.

Anyone else read it differently?

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 129
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 30/1/2013 4:41:03 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

So I'm presuming from that ending that Lana was the evil one all along. She made it all up after not being granted access to the asylum for her story. And Johnny wasn't really bloody faces son either. She lied about that too hence why she said she'd created him at the end.

I thought that scene at the end was in the first episode and so she tried to spy on the place, got caught and then made a patient to get rid of her lesbian nature. They just repeated it she can`t have made it all up as they were referring to tv reports she had done from the asuylm when she was being interviewed.Heavy going but overall I loved it.

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 30/1/2013 4:44:06 PM >

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 130
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 30/1/2013 4:41:58 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Well, if it's any consolation the Dark Angel is played by the same actress that played the older maid

She was the Angel of Death and beautifully done too.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 131
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 31/1/2013 3:09:36 PM   
losthighway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

I thought that scene at the end was in the first episode and so she tried to spy on the place, got caught and then made a patient to get rid of her lesbian nature. They just repeated it she can`t have made it all up as they were referring to tv reports she had done from the asuylm when she was being interviewed.Heavy going but overall I loved it.

True. Doesn't take much to confuse me! Tbh, with hindsight I thought the whole season was a waste of 3 months viewing. It went absolutely nowhere and in conclusion appeared to have no real purpose. Even the mediocre first season had the edge over it.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

Post #: 132
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 17/1/2014 1:05:55 PM   
sharkboy

So, did anyone come back onboard for S3? It's a big improvement on the enjoyable mess that was Asylum, with a couple more big cast signings (Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett to name but two). Once again, Jessica Lange gets the best role as Fiona Goode, the "supreme" of a New Orleans witches' coven, and the show focuses on her ongoing battle with Marie Laveau, the 300-yr old voodoo queen of N'orleans. Throw in Kathy Bates as a 19th century racist serial-killing socialite and a mysterious group of witch hunters and you've got the makings of a good, twisted tale

I came back to the show with no little trepidation after S2, but have been really enjoying this latest incarnation of the series. Though I have to admit, the appearance of this week's special guest star threatened to engage in a bit of shark jumping for a while, although the rest of the events quickly made up for it.

WWLD?

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 133
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 18/3/2014 5:54:40 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I haven't watched Season 3 yet, it's on my 'to do' list but the details for Season Four have just been announced...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a558328/american-horror-story-season-4-to-be-carnival-themed.html

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 134
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI