Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: American Horror Story

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: American Horror Story - 24/1/2012 2:34:58 PM   
Funkyrae

Has a second season been confirmed?

That's me that is!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 91
RE: American Horror Story - 24/1/2012 2:38:23 PM   
discodave101

She's awesome. A great great character.

Really intrigued to see how they do another season. Full reboot to another house maybe? Hardly a thrilling thought, but most of the characters - specifically the ghosts, have run their course. How about the next season being with the 'devil child' adopted somewhere else going all Damien?

EDIT:
Funky - I've no idea TBH, I just assumed it will have been renewed already. I avoid reading news on these matters in case its spoilerific.

< Message edited by discodave101 -- 24/1/2012 2:40:20 PM >

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 92
RE: American Horror Story - 24/1/2012 4:48:46 PM   
Funkyrae

The Damien angle could work, I can't imagine Ben making it out of the house alive. Would Constance allow it though?

That's me that is!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 93
RE: American Horror Story - 25/1/2012 9:37:02 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

This show is fantastic. Can't wait for the finale next week.

I think the only Viable option for Season Two is a total reboot. New location, new cast, new characters, new story....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 94
RE: American Horror Story - 26/1/2012 8:43:28 AM   
Sledge Hammer

I unfortunately gave up on this after the Xmas break. I think I watched one more episode but lost interest and momentum.

I have read the episodes synopsis of what plays out and it seems extremely complicated!

Very brave of the writers to kill of so many of the cast though (although I suppose they still appear as ghosts!)

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 95
RE: American Horror Story - 31/1/2012 10:06:27 AM   
discodave101

So what did people think of that finale? It was ok I suppose, as I really didn't know where they were going to take it. The ending didn't really shock or surprise me much, but I suppose it was the best way to tie it all up.

For me, the Halloween episode and the one in which (spoiler for those who haven't seen episode 10 from a few weeks ago) the girl found out she was dead were the highlights.

Also - seems a few of us were sorta right in thinking a full reboot to another location was the only way forward. This has been confirmed. Weirdly though, we may see some of the same actors, but playing completely different people/ghosts. I guess that gets over the issue of actor contracts combined with rebooting the show each season.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 96
RE: American Horror Story - 31/1/2012 12:35:36 PM   
Funkyrae

It was a bit of a damp squib really I thought. Not much they could do though I guess. I'm not convinced I'll go with a second season, I get the feeling it will be a case of next verse, same as the first. A little bit louder and a little bit worse.

That's me that is!

Post #: 97
RE: American Horror Story - 31/1/2012 12:52:13 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

It was a bit of a damp squib really I thought. Not much they could do though I guess. I'm not convinced I'll go with a second season, I get the feeling it will be a case of next verse, same as the first. A little bit louder and a little bit worse.

Really? I'm really intrigued by the second season idea. I'm especially intrigued by the stars they could attract. Ryan Murphy has said he's getting calls off movie actors interested in TV, cos they only have to commit to 3 months of 1 season for this. Tis a good point that. I also have confidence in the writers, and I think they'll try and take the next season somewhere very removed from this. The writers all have a good pedigree, so my hopes remain high.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 98
RE: American Horror Story - 31/1/2012 7:04:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

A damp squib is exactly how I would have described it as well. I've loved this series and the finale just kind of played out exactly how we all thought it would, no surprises. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing where the writers take it for Season 2.

Post #: 99
RE: American Horror Story - 3/2/2012 3:55:31 PM   
S. C. Lee

As good a finale as they could have done, although I have to say I'm losing interest now. I hope next year this feels fresh again, they struggled with the twelve episodes this season.

Post #: 100
RE: American Horror Story - 4/2/2012 3:43:44 PM   
Invader_Ace

Well, that was shit.

Against my better judgement I saw out the last three episodes. Absolute balls.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 101
RE: American Horror Story - 7/2/2012 2:20:19 PM   
borstal

It all seemed very rushed for the last one. OK, dads dead now what? Hey! new family! No wait, theyre gone. Shame as I really loved everything up to the end.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 102
RE: American Horror Story - 7/2/2012 2:53:23 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I must admit I wasn't expecting Ben to die so early in the episode as he did.....it did feel rushed.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 103
American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 22/10/2012 7:32:02 PM   
borstal

Wowsers Season 2 Asylum starts next week, I thought it was later in the year. The amount of TV showns on at the moment that I watch is huge!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 104
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 23/10/2012 11:45:08 PM   
vad3r

Watching S1 now. HOLY SHIT, this is a different level of crazy. Jessica Lange is amazing in this.

Also:

< Message edited by vad3r -- 25/10/2012 10:43:30 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 105
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 25/10/2012 6:28:49 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Wowsers Season 2 Asylum starts next week, I thought it was later in the year. The amount of TV showns on at the moment that I watch is huge!

Looking forward to this!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 106
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 25/10/2012 8:41:21 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

The amount of TV showns on at the moment that I watch is huge!

I'm struggling at the moment with watching/recording them all!  Getting a lot of recording clashes so have to go for +1 options

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 107
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 25/10/2012 10:03:46 AM   
sharkboy

I've had to be quite brutal in my recording choices, to the extent that one of the shows that I've really been looking forward to (Last Resort) is being ignored because it is, apparently, getting the axe mid-season.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the return of AHS.  A friend has been watching US speed, and apparently they've taken a very radical approach this season in terms of characters and setting.  But mostly I'm looking forward to seeing how freaked out my wife gets at the spooky opening credits - she couldn't even watch them last season!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 108
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 25/10/2012 11:16:12 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
But mostly I'm looking forward to seeing how freaked out my wife gets at the spooky opening credits - she couldn't even watch them last season!

Know how she feels though as I couldn't watch them either.....

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 109
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 25/10/2012 10:27:15 PM   
Hex

I got the boxset of this recently and had it watched in two days.

Veerrrry good tv, even though it shows that they were rushed towards the end and had to wrap things up quickly.

Im kinda glad that that they are not returning to the first series storyline, as much as i enjoyed it. It could easily have picked up where series 1 ended with Tates freaky little son.

I like the idea of starting off somewhere completely different though. And you cant get more diverse than an asylum.

Plus as long as Jessica Lange is on board then all is bound to be fine!

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 110
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 30/10/2012 11:25:25 PM   
losthighway

I recently bought the first season boxset and gave the show a second chance after giving up on it when it first aired through sheer boredom. I enjoyed it the second time around but won't pretend it was just good not great.

Just watched asylum opener and after being excited by the initial premise all those niggling feelings of boredom came flooding back! Apart from an amusing nod to silence of the lambs and the lesbian discrimination angle the episode was distinctly boring. I realise the first season required patience for it to get going but yet again Murphy has bored me! :-\

< Message edited by losthighway -- 30/10/2012 11:27:23 PM >

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 111
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 3/11/2012 11:10:25 AM   
borstal

Enjoyably daft and a heck of a lot going on.

One episode, interracial marriage in the 60's, alien anal probes, modern day monsters, mad scientists, horny nuns, insane folks, sane folks being wrongfully imprisoned and lesbian teachers!!!!

Im glad its back.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 112
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 9/11/2012 8:18:32 AM   
borstal

Fuck, that was a pretty harsh episode! Very enjoyable though Mrs B spent most of it not looking at the screen.

So the meek little nun is now possesed? Looks like theres some fun to be had with her and her boss. And did anyone else think that the flashback showing Jessica Langes character knocking over that girl think that she would be downs syndrome lining up with what happened in season 1?

I think a lot of people will pass this by but if it continues as it is this will be awesome. By far the craziest, scariest thing on television.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 113
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 9/11/2012 9:22:16 AM   
sharkboy

I have to admit, I'm not enjoying this season as much as the first one.  The first was a tight, well-contained little ghost story.  Season 2 so far doesn't seem to have a bloody clue what it wants to be.  Is it aliens?  Demons?  Serial killers? Mutants?  I wish it would start to congeal into some underlying tale that connects the dots because as it stands now the myriad of plot devices is just making this feel clumsy and without a sense of identity.  Pity, really as the Season 2 cast really is superb (last year Jessica Lange was the big name, this year they've also managed to add James Cromwell, Joseph Fiennes, Sarah Paulson, Franka Potente and Chloe Sevigny), and they're to be applauded for the anthology approach they've taken with the show, with each season featuring different characters, locations and even time periods.

Still, I'll keep on watching on the hope that it'll all start to come together at some point!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 114
RE: American Horror Story Season 2 starts p4 - 15/11/2012 3:03:21 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

Enjoyably daft and a heck of a lot going on.

One episode, interracial marriage in the 60's, alien anal probes, modern day monsters, mad scientists, horny nuns, insane folks, sane folks being wrongfully imprisoned and lesbian teachers!!!!

Im glad its back.

My thoughts exactly. It`s really intense more than a scary tv show normally is like say Supernatural. This season makes that show look like Rentaghost (UK 70`s/80`s kids show)!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 115
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 20/11/2012 10:10:51 PM   
discodave101

quote:

I have to admit, I'm not enjoying this season as much as the first one.  The first was a tight, well-contained little ghost story.  Season 2 so far doesn't seem to have a bloody clue what it wants to be. 

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I've found this season very mediocre. I'm only sticking with it because season 1 was so good. I'll give it 2-3 more episodes then I think I'll just wait to see if next seasons story is better. That's the advantage of this show, which I hope isn't its downfall. You can just watch any season on its own.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 116
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 30/11/2012 8:28:55 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

quote:

I have to admit, I'm not enjoying this season as much as the first one.  The first was a tight, well-contained little ghost story.  Season 2 so far doesn't seem to have a bloody clue what it wants to be. 

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I've found this season very mediocre. I'm only sticking with it because season 1 was so good. I'll give it 2-3 more episodes then I think I'll just wait to see if next seasons story is better. That's the advantage of this show, which I hope isn't its downfall. You can just watch any season on its own.

Yup. Another one that isn't enjoying this season nearly as much as the first. Me and the Mrs have watched all the Season Two episodes aired so far over the last couple of nights and not having a weeks gap between episodes didn't really help as I thought it might. The story just seems all over the place and the 'twist' was seen a mile off. Quinto is basically playing Sylar from Heroes. Disappointing so far.

Post #: 117
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 6/12/2012 4:54:06 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Although it is very gory and too distrubing for some I`m loving this series. The actress who plays the demonically possessed nun was the younger ghost version of the maid in the first season I didn`t recognise her until I looked up the cast on IMDB. Your either going to love or hate it the show is very full on but I`m hooked and Jessica Lange is just superb again.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 118
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 9/12/2012 6:31:52 PM   
losthighway

S1 was a glossy ghost story with a Beetlejuice ending. It wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped (once i'd given it that second chance on DVD) and well S2... what to say really. It's STILL a f**king mess halfway through the season with no thread holding it together. Tbh I only keep watching it because I have a massive robot chubby for Quinto (see avatar! ) and if it's attempting an avant garde feel then i'm afraid it's failing miserably!

The Angel of Death turns up in the next episode but seriously Murphy, why!?!?!?

< Message edited by losthighway -- 9/12/2012 6:32:26 PM >

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 119
RE: Why are you not watching American Horror Story - 10/12/2012 2:48:12 PM   
discodave101

Still only sticking with this crappy season cos its the only show we record that the mrs doesn't like, so whenever she's not around I put it on. If it wasn't for that, I'd be long gone as a viewer by now. It really is crap....super crap....so uninvolving with no characters to really root for or care about. Sooooo many plot strands, way too many.....

How's it doing in the states this season? I hope it's getting panned, so they really think more about the characters next season rather than just the 'creepy/horror' element. That's what you get for putting Fiennes in it tho! The curse of the Fiennes.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI