Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: American Horror Story

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: American Horror Story - 13/12/2011 4:16:54 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Even if Adelaide is dead, she'll still be around because she'll have died on the grounds of the house which was why her mother was dragging her across the road.

Good point I wondered what she was doing?

Well this weeks episode revealed that Jessica Lange was trying t drag her on to the grounds so that she would come back as a ghost (and not vice versa as you suggested)

As for the gimp man (I believe his official name is Rubberman!) I dont think it will be Charles (as in the original abortion doctoring owner). I reckon it might be the devil incarnate.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 61
RE: American Horror Story - 14/12/2011 10:25:45 AM   
Funkyrae

I thought that was what I was suggesting.

I've changed my mind on Rubberman/Gimp man whatever his character is. I don't think it is Charles anymore I think it's *potential spoiler* Tate

That's me that is!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 62
RE: American Horror Story - 16/12/2011 6:25:24 PM   
zennablade

Edited as this is still a potential spoiler.

Apart from who is Rubberman and is Viv gonna give birth to the devil most of the questions have been answered.

Everyone who is killed in the house is a ghost. Tate is a ghost who doesn't know he's a ghost. The young maid makes it worth watching even if you don't know whats going on!

Doesn't Ben look like a goodlooking Ross from Friends?

< Message edited by Funkyrae -- 16/12/2011 7:25:19 PM >

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 63
RE: American Horror Story - 25/12/2011 9:56:05 PM   
Lang

Well i zipped through this in last couple of days, pretty damn good!

Jessica Lange got to love the bitch

Just wondering how they could continue it though?

(in reply to zennablade)
Post #: 64
RE: American Horror Story - 27/12/2011 2:32:42 AM   
S. C. Lee

Still one of my favourite shows (at the mo.)

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 65
RE: American Horror Story - 29/12/2011 8:00:31 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

It's being repeated every night at the moment so I've series linked this. Watched the first episode today, looking forward to seeing where it goes. Such a different and interesting pilot....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 66
RE: American Horror Story - 31/12/2011 11:17:51 AM   
Hobbitonlass

I just started watching this after strong recommendations from Sharky and TK and I'm finding it really freaky!! Those credits are horrible Up to episode 4 and loving it though

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 67
RE: American Horror Story - 3/1/2012 11:16:39 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just watched the second episode of the Haloween two parter. Fantastic stuff! This show really has me and the missus gripped at the moment, really enjoying it. Even if it does have half the cast of True Blood in

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 68
RE: American Horror Story - 3/1/2012 1:42:12 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Never watched True Blood

Now on episode 10 and loving it! Very Rosemary's Baby in parts

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 69
RE: American Horror Story - 5/1/2012 9:01:27 AM   
borstal

So it was Tate? Well Im sure it wasnt the actor who plays him as initial shots of the gimp made him out to be bulkier. Sylar was great in the last episode too.

So mom has a ghosts baby inside her?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 70
RE: American Horror Story - 5/1/2012 7:16:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Fully up to speed with this now and gutted I now have to wait weekly....

Absolutely fantastic show. It's so fucked up it's cool.

I never thought it could be Tate in the gimp suit. How do you even get pregnant by a ghost? Apart from Viv giving birth to the devil I'm not sure where they're going with it really....they like to give answers to the mysteries. I suppose there are still the smaller subplots of the maid wanting her bidy to be found and of course Ben finally discovering that Hayden is actually dead and he's been dealing with a ghost.

Larry is a fantastic character, played really well by Denis O'Hare. He's shown what a fantastic actor he is between this and True Blood.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 71
RE: American Horror Story - 10/1/2012 7:54:28 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

So the apocalypse is on it's way

Post #: 72
RE: American Horror Story - 11/1/2012 11:36:34 AM   
borstal

And the maid reveals herself Its a bit like life when you see a 'hot young woman' walking towards you only for her to be revealed not so young or hot upon closer inspection. Me and my friends call them Kronenburgs....16/64.

Im happy that Im getting to see them a week at a time (and the little xmas break) as Im sure watching them in one go would have me giving up on the sheer lunacy of it all.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 73
RE: American Horror Story - 11/1/2012 2:45:57 PM   
Funkyrae

So we have the anti-christ growing in the womb, what will that make the other twin? Will it be allowed to live? The blinkers are coming off now as well with the whole maid reveal thing.

All good stuff, thoroughly enjoyable. Interesting to see The Black Dahlia being mooted as one of the victims, wonder how many of the other victims are based on real life murders?

That's me that is!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 74
RE: American Horror Story - 11/1/2012 3:07:54 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

And the maid reveals herself Its a bit like life when you see a 'hot young woman' walking towards you only for her to be revealed not so young or hot upon closer inspection. Me and my friends call them Kronenburgs....16/64.

Im happy that Im getting to see them a week at a time (and the little xmas break) as Im sure watching them in one go would have me giving up on the sheer lunacy of it all.

Nice from far but far from nice......

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 75
RE: American Horror Story - 15/1/2012 9:19:08 PM   
Invader_Ace

Nah.  I'm over this now.
It started strong and it was fun in a bonkers way, but it's been very repetitive the last few episodes and the Dad character has got to be the most stupidly written I've seen in a long time.  When yet another ghost turned up to screw him, my Girlfriend just got up and left.  (Later she asked if we could knock it off from the Sky Box).
So this is the guy whose wife has been saying she's been raped and he didn't believe her.  He then gets a call from the doctor who tells him one of the children isn't his.  Does he think 'hang on, maybe she is telling the truth...'?  No.  He goes and tells her she's a lying whore.  Only to change his mind when the security guard says 'no, it isn't my kid'.  Let's not forget that all this time he seems totally fine with the fact that his shovelled up girlfriend just comes and goes as she pleases.

Also, they said ghosts can't leave the house except on Halloween, but we had previously seen Tate out getting coffee!  The way they keep chucking in Ghosts and then leaving others out for ages is just starting to grate too.  Some of the ghosts want a baby, so Tate has been trying to provide.  Ok.  But what about the frankenbaby that was down in the cellar?

It feels like the remaining 4 episodes are too many and it should really have been on it's way to wrapping up by now.

Post #: 76
RE: American Horror Story - 15/1/2012 11:57:54 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Also, they said ghosts can't leave the house except on Halloween, but we had previously seen Tate out getting coffee!

Just watched these all when they were repeated. Just wanted to point out that Tate met the Doctor out for coffee on Halloween in the daytime before everyone got costumed up. Therefore, it sticks to the rule. it would be a very daft thing for the writers to miss if not.

It is all a bit ridiculous, but it's a show about ghosts after all. It's a really fun show if you just enjoy it and don't take it too seriously.

Only thing I'll say is, the ghosts are very forgiving. She kills the neighbours young lover violently, but he's fine with it when he's back as a ghost.

Loving it. Refreshing change of a show.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 77
RE: American Horror Story - 16/1/2012 8:57:34 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101
quote:

Also, they said ghosts can't leave the house except on Halloween, but we had previously seen Tate out getting coffee!

Just watched these all when they were repeated. Just wanted to point out that Tate met the Doctor out for coffee on Halloween in the daytime before everyone got costumed up. Therefore, it sticks to the rule. it would be a very daft thing for the writers to miss if not.

Ahhhhhh

At that point I was still watching them in bunches and thought that was well in advance of the Halloween episode.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 78
RE: American Horror Story - 16/1/2012 9:24:24 AM   
borstal

quote:

Nah.  I'm over this now.
It started strong and it was fun in a bonkers way, but it's been very repetitive the last few episodes and the Dad character has got to be the most stupidly written I've seen in a long time.  When yet another ghost turned up to screw him, my Girlfriend just got up and left.  (Later she asked if we could knock it off from the Sky Box).
So this is the guy whose wife has been saying she's been raped and he didn't believe her.  He then gets a call from the doctor who tells him one of the children isn't his.  Does he think 'hang on, maybe she is telling the truth...'?  No.  He goes and tells her she's a lying whore.  Only to change his mind when the security guard says 'no, it isn't my kid'.  Let's not forget that all this time he seems totally fine with the fact that his shovelled up girlfriend just comes and goes as she pleases.

Also, they said ghosts can't leave the house except on Halloween, but we had previously seen Tate out getting coffee!  The way they keep chucking in Ghosts and then leaving others out for ages is just starting to grate too.  Some of the ghosts want a baby, so Tate has been trying to provide.  Ok.  But what about the frankenbaby that was down in the cellar?

It feels like the remaining 4 episodes are too many and it should really have been on it's way to wrapping up by now.

Stop applying logic! Im screwed if I start doing that

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 79
RE: American Horror Story - 16/1/2012 11:58:03 PM   
discodave101

What a twist!!! Completely blindsided me that one. The cleverest twists are the ones that have been staring you in the face like this one and makes you feel dumb for not realising.

Love this show.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 80
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 5:00:52 PM   
S. C. Lee

It was a clever twist but how come she can't leave the house? The man with the burnt face can, her boyfriend (or whatever he is) can. He went to the beach. Also, how come the maid, and the burnt man didn't die? They weren't in the house when they died. Another thing is violet knew that he was dead (the blonde haired kid) because she read it on the computer, so why did she act like he was still alive this week?

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 17/1/2012 5:02:19 PM >

Post #: 81
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 5:14:29 PM   
Funkyrae

Burnt face man isn't dead. He's dying but not dead.

None of them can leave the house other than on Hallowe'en which was when Tate went to the beach.

Yes, she knew he was dead, she's known for a while. The reaction she had was more towards him killing her, a pretty valid reaction considering she didn't know she was dead.

That's me that is!

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 82
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 5:22:40 PM   
S. C. Lee

Cheers Funky.

But if she knew he was dead why didn't she say anything when he suggested that they take the pills (this week.)  It doesn't explain the maid dying, and if burnt man isn't dead, there's no way he could have survived that! I'm nitpicking I know.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 83
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 8:00:59 PM   
Funkyrae

I did think it was a bit odd that she didn't mention him already being dead, maybe she was just being polite? I think though she enjoys the romance side of it which is what Tate was playing to, hence the Romeo & Juliet reference.

The maid dying? Not sure what you mean. She's always been dead. Constance used to live in that house and shot the maid, the maid died on the property and was buried on the property so she can't leave.

As for burned blokey, he did survive and people have survived horrific fires - Simon Weston anyone? Burned man (Larry Harvey - interestingly the name of the co-founder of the Burning Man Festival) may or may not have cancer. He's told two different stories as to how he was burned but the truth of it came out in last night's episode.

That's me that is!

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 84
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 9:20:59 PM   
discodave101

Have to admit, up until this episode, I thought Tate still "thought" he was alive and she was playing along with him knowing he wasn't aware of this, and because of something Constance said about some of them not knowing they're dead.

Thinking back, all the signs seemed to indicate that he thought he was still alive didn't they?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 85
RE: American Horror Story - 17/1/2012 9:26:48 PM   
S. C. Lee

I need to pay attention when I watch this show 

Post #: 86
RE: American Horror Story - 18/1/2012 8:17:08 AM   
borstal

Wow. I didn't see that one and what a gruesome corpse! Is the exterminator dead too? Can the series last more than one? So many questions. Its brilliant.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 87
RE: American Horror Story - 18/1/2012 10:52:04 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

Have to admit, up until this episode, I thought Tate still "thought" he was alive and she was playing along with him knowing he wasn't aware of this, and because of something Constance said about some of them not knowing they're dead.

Thinking back, all the signs seemed to indicate that he thought he was still alive didn't they?

Yeah, fair point. Missed that one myself.

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Wow. I didn't see that one and what a gruesome corpse! Is the exterminator dead too? Can the series last more than one? So many questions. Its brilliant.

A long, slow, nasty death as well by the looks of it. I'm sure it was him giving the faint "help me" calls to Larry behind the badly bricked up wall.

That's me that is!

Post #: 88
RE: American Horror Story - 24/1/2012 12:46:42 PM   
discodave101

Wow. I don't want to have to wait til next weeks episode to see the finale, especially as I now have a Spartacus/American Horror Story clash at that time.

No way near as good as last weeks episode (that twist was unbeatable), but its all setting up the finale nicely.

Where the hell do they go with this next season? There can't be that many other Ghosts/part murders to see. Will it really work just bringing in another home owner?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 89
RE: American Horror Story - 24/1/2012 2:31:52 PM   
borstal

quote:

Wow. I don't want to have to wait til next weeks episode to see the finale, especially as I now have a Spartacus/American Horror Story clash at that time.

No way near as good as last weeks episode (that twist was unbeatable), but its all setting up the finale nicely.

Where the hell do they go with this next season? There can't be that many other Ghosts/part murders to see. Will it really work just bringing in another home owner?

Thats what Im thinking. Will it just be the dad in the house getting shit off his ghost wife, ghost child and ghost mistress? Jessica Lange is just fantastic in this isnt she?

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: American Horror Story Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI