Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 28/10/2011 5:12:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

So it took a whole 10 posts to get to the standard Cash Cow/Money Grabbing/Rape my children etc crap you always get when some thing happens with Star Wars.

Well why else is the movie being put into 3D but to make money? Will it make the story better? Will it make the characters better?

And anyways - never trust somone who has a name which included "jedi" or "darth" - they are not to be trusted on matters releating to the Star of Wars

Because 3D is the big fad now (myself ain't bothered about it rather watch a 2D film) plus there have been countless Evil Dead re-issues, and Bladerunner been done about 5 or 6 times, also I see Harry Potter films being redone and then withdrawn to no doubt comeback in a couple of years with more new bits in but no-one goes on about these being rip-offs, just also George Lucas because it's the thing to do.

Yeah, this doesn't really bother me. Companies do it all the time. Will be interesting to see how well it does.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 31
- 28/10/2011 5:34:28 PM   
herbertwest1701

Very tempted to check this out. The excitement surrounding PM's release is still a feeling I remember fondly. It may not have lived up to expectations, but it has some great stuff in there - love the climactic lightsaber fight, the podrace, Darth Maul, Qui-Gonn. Star Wars in 3D is a very persuasive concept, and if this is successful hopefully it will lead to the original trilogy in 3D which is a tantalising prospect.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: - 28/10/2011 5:51:42 PM   
Artoo02

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm hopeful the conversions will be well-done, as they have been in gestation of years. I've also been encouraged by previous comments by Lucas about his view of what makes good use of 3D (more to increase depth of field than just to make pointy things fly out the screen, to paraphrase).

Haters gonna hate. 'the only reason he's releasing it again is to make money' Yeah, well done Sherlocks, that's why 99% of films get made in the first place.

"Let us go forth together in search of the treasure of Lapis Lazuli! Have no fear. Space is deformed on the night of the new moon."
----
"Star Wars is Forever, Roger. And you can Suck it."

(in reply to herbertwest1701)
Post #: 33
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 29/10/2011 5:33:57 PM   
DanTDavies

There's a rumour going round that Lucas has made some re-edits to Phantom Menace, a la "Gredo shoots first". Apparently the first half of the movie is taken up with Jar Jar Binks being slowly lowered into the Pit of Kancun, home of the all powerful Sarlack. Profits are expected to be through the roof...

Even though I hate this film with passion surpassed only by Indy 4 [that fridge!!!!] and Simpsons the Movie [No Mr Burns????] I know deep down that I will probably end up going to see it. It can't be as bad as I remember it. Can it?

Post #: 34
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 30/10/2011 11:23:51 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanTDavies

There's a rumour going round that Lucas has made some re-edits to Phantom Menace, a la "Gredo shoots first". Apparently the first half of the movie is taken up with Jar Jar Binks being slowly lowered into the Pit of Kancun, home of the all powerful Sarlack. Profits are expected to be through the roof...

Even though I hate this film with passion surpassed only by Indy 4 [that fridge!!!!] and Simpsons the Movie [No Mr Burns????] I know deep down that I will probably end up going to see it. It can't be as bad as I remember it. Can it?

No it may even be worse.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 35
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 30/10/2011 5:12:39 PM   
DanTDavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

No it may even be worse.

what if i take in ear plugs and judiciously nip to the pub whenever, Anakin, Jar Jar, Obi Wan, Padme oh hell anyone other than Darth Maul is on screen? It might be ok. Mightn't it?

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 36
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 30/10/2011 5:33:13 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

No it may even be worse.

what if i take in ear plugs and judiciously nip to the pub whenever, Anakin, Jar Jar, Obi Wan, Padme oh hell anyone other than Darth Maul is on screen? It might be ok. Mightn't it?

So you'll be there for the opening crawl and the next hour and a half in the pub, then back for the last 25 minutes? Sounds like a good idea.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 37
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 30/10/2011 11:49:55 PM   
max314

Boo! Star Wars! Boo! George Lucas! Boo! Childhood rape!

*ker-ching*

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

Post #: 38
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 9:33:55 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

No it may even be worse.

The only best bit of Phantom Menace was the final lightsaber duel between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul. Still Menace is no where near as bad as Attack of the Clones a film so bad I have never seen it again.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 39
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 12:06:38 PM   
Wild about Wilder

I'll see it ....................ONLY IF IT'S IN 2D THOUGH!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 40
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 12:39:26 PM   
UTB

quote:

Indy 4 [that fridge!!!!]

Quite! Up to Indy 4 the series was at the height of realism. *cough*thousand-year-old-man-protecting-a-cup-for-a-mythical-being*cough*

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 41
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 1:03:36 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Indy 4 [that fridge!!!!]

Quite! Up to Indy 4 the series was at the height of realism. *cough*thousand-year-old-man-protecting-a-cup-for-a-mythical-being*cough*

But they were made in "The Golden Age" of cinema and are therefore immune to any criticism.

Don't you know anything?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 42
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 1:16:58 PM   
UTB

Clearly not.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 43
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 31/10/2011 1:55:42 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

I'll see it ....................ONLY IF IT'S IN 2D THOUGH!

It is also being released in certain cinemas in 2D as well for some reason.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 44
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 2/11/2011 11:54:07 AM   
silent_tea

NOOOOOOOOOO!

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.

Post #: 45
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 2/11/2011 1:02:12 PM   
DanTDavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Indy 4 [that fridge!!!!]

:) there's willingly having one's belief suspended and then there is having urine extracted on a truly egregious level. The difference is style, elegance, wit. And an absence of fridges :D

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 46
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 2/11/2011 2:19:28 PM   
UTB

Surviving a nuclear blast  in a fridge was far more convincing than Blanchette's accent, lets be honest. 

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 47
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 7/11/2011 6:21:06 PM   
Rollo_Tomassi

Nobody's favourite Star Wars film. Why are you bothering, Luca$?

Post #: 48
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 16/11/2011 2:50:41 AM   
Spaldron

They played this trailer tonight at the cinema and you could literally hear the audience groan when "TPM In 3D" logo shot up onscreen.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rollo_Tomassi)
Post #: 49
RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives - 16/11/2011 3:50:37 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

They played this trailer tonight at the cinema and you could literally hear the audience groan when "TPM In 3D" logo shot up onscreen.

I think it was mainly us Spalds! I remember having a small rant and I think the word I used whilst viewing this ad was "sacrilege".

You'll burn for this Lucas!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI