Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 24/10/2011 9:41:49 AM   
Timon

This looks fantastic.

Jean-Jacques Annaud of Enemy of the Gates/Seven Years In Tibet fame brings us a film sets in Arabia during the 1930s and the oil boom. It centers on a young Arab prince (A Prophet's Tahar Ramin) torn between allegiance to his conservative father and modern, liberal father-in-law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mdtLMxTdvSc#!

Annaud's got quite a cast and a production together with Antonio Baderas, Mark Strong, Tahar Ramin and the ever lovely Freida Pinto.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 24/10/2011 11:45:56 AM   
Deviation

That does indeed look brilliant...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 12/1/2012 9:20:33 AM   
Timon

Does anyone know when it's released here. I'm terrified that like Agora, it'll get a very limited release despite its scope.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 3
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 23/1/2012 4:53:00 PM   
Timon

Some very epic looking pictures from Empire - http://www.empireonline.com/futurefilms/gallery.asp?id=3567&fid=137500

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 24/2/2012 3:09:08 PM   
pixelcat

Ok bit of a bump here. Saw the film the other week at a secret screening. It was horribly painful. The script, the acting, almost everything. I felt the character development was incredibly shallow. Such a shame because the storyline had so much potential but was just executed poorly.

...I should probably write this on the reviews section. My bad!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 24/2/2012 3:20:09 PM   
Timon

Ah bugger. Empire have also hit it with 2 stars. This upsets me.

(in reply to pixelcat)
Post #: 6
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 25/2/2012 10:43:40 AM   
Sutty

lol. you tried, eh?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean - 25/2/2012 5:16:22 PM   
Christy1888

Shame, I was really looking forward to this :(

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI