Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 20/10/2011 7:42:02 PM   
borstal

Any word on gate times? Working in a school has great holiday benefits but shit if you want a specific day off in term time.

If they open them quite early on the Friday then I wont be able to make it despite working a ten minute drive away. I can get out of work 3.15 earliest. So it looking more likely I can only do the Saturday.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 31
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 20/10/2011 8:20:02 PM   
borstal

Found out on FB that its 2.30.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 32
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:21:01 AM   
gazpop

Rhub? If I said I thought New Order were overated, would Dev kill me? Borstal? I'll give Ian a shout and tell him to start later on for ya. What time is best for you mate?

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 33
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:30:51 AM   
rick_7

I saw New Order play one song at a Commonwealth Games launch in St Peter's Square in Manchester, the same gig where one of my mates ruined Howard Donald's solo career.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 34
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:33:56 AM   
rick_7

Also to Rhub: this is going to change everything you thought you knew about music, but they're called liner notes. Don't worry, though, I misspelt dilemma as "dilemna" till I was about 20.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 35
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:35:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

What a fucking waste of an hour. 150,000 tickets sold in 14 minutes.

All these people must have had a magic browser or something because I could barely get the fucking ticket retailing websites to load up never mind buy tickets.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 21/10/2011 10:36:21 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 36
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:37:53 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: rick_7

I saw New Order play one song at a Commonwealth Games launch in St Peter's Square in Manchester, the same gig where one of my mates ruined Howard Donald's solo career.

Now that's a story that needs telling.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 37
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:48:54 AM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

All these people must have had a magic browser or something because I could barely get the fucking ticket retailing websites to load up never mind buy tickets.

It's just luck and hammering F5. I got tickets for Friday, but that's not what you want to hear.

Do you know an extra date has been added for the Sunday?

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 38
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 10:55:50 AM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Well, Howard was one of the support acts, and though James and New Order would be playing just a song each, live on telly (Sit Down and Temptation, since you ask), he was allowed to sing a few. He began with a couple of self-penned numbers, including one called The Incidentals, which were met with mild applause by the home crowd. Growing in confidence, he asked fatefully: "Do you want to hear another one?" Matt considered this for a split-second, then yelled: "NO!", causing a huge laugh to ripple through the 10,000-strong crowd. Howard mumbled through a final number, muttered his goodbyes and departed, his solo career in tatters. I would feel guilty, but he hasn't done badly since. Also, it wasn't me that shouted.

The other comedy highlight was during the James song, for which we'd been asked to "spontaneously" sit down during the chorus. Everyone obeyed the dictat except one incredibly pissed guy in the middle of the square, who just stood there with his eyes shut, swaying from side to side. Still, the Commonwealth can't say we gave them a false picture of Manchester.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 39
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:05:08 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

It's just luck and hammering F5. I got tickets for Friday, but that's not what you want to hear.

Fuck you

quote:

Do you know an extra date has been added for the Sunday?

Aye, no luck there either.

Ticketmaster sucks balls. I was actually half way through the process of ordering my tickets once and then the website seemingly went down and I lost my order. I couldn't even get the page to load for 10 minutes after that.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 40
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:10:27 AM   
rick_7

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll do some more dates. Still, at least the touts have made a lot of money ripping off people who want to go and see something they like.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Post #: 41
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:13:51 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Hopefully they'll announce an arena tour or summat to go along with the Heaton Park shows. I'll probably overpay someone on ebay for some tickets otherwise.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 42
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:23:58 AM   
borstal

2 tickets nailed for Saturday at 9.40 My sister rang saying she could get on any website so I tried for her. Sat sold out (that was at 9.45), tried for Friday and entered all the details only to get told 'sold out' after clicking the buy now. Checked again 5 mins later and Sunday was on and managed to get 2 more.

3x 75000 people! Jesus. I like to think they'll do a tours final show at Manchester but thats just dreaming.

A friend just messaged me to say he managed to get 2 for Saturday but sell ons. He's refusing to tell me how much for.

Post #: 43
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:26:58 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Just had a phone call off my mate telling me he managed to get 4 tickets for the Sunday show so that's me sorted.

Thank fuck for that .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 44
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:27:45 AM   
borstal

'like'

Post #: 45
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:31:24 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I didn't even know he was trying for them. I'd taken it upon myself to order them for me and my mates because to be honest I wouldn't trust any of them to arrange a prayer session in a convent. Fair play, the flakiest one of the lot came through for us, unbelievable .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 46
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:33:44 AM   
rick_7

quote:

I didn't even know he was trying for them. I'd taken it upon myself to order them for me and my mates because to be honest I wouldn't trust any of them to arrange a prayer session in a convent. Fair play, the flakiest one of the lot came through for us, unbelievable .

This should be a heartwarming TV drama. Or a 1990s Worthington's advert.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Post #: 47
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:35:19 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

This should be a heartwarming TV drama. Or a 1990s Worthington's advert.

220,000 tickets sold in 68 minutes. The fastest selling rock gigs in UK history apparently.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 21/10/2011 11:36:43 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 48
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:41:40 AM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

2 tickets nailed for Saturday at 9.40 My sister rang saying she could get on any website so I tried for her. Sat sold out (that was at 9.45), tried for Friday and entered all the details only to get told 'sold out' after clicking the buy now. Checked again 5 mins later and Sunday was on and managed to get 2 more.

3x 75000 people! Jesus. I like to think they'll do a tours final show at Manchester but thats just dreaming.

A friend just messaged me to say he managed to get 2 for Saturday but sell ons. He's refusing to tell me how much for.

Some sites were offering tickets for 125 each with a 42 booking fee.

Luckily managed to get two tickets for the Saturday.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 49
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:48:56 AM   
tommyjarvis

I decided to wait til they play up here. There's chat about them doing T in The Park, so I could go just for that one day, as I did last year when Pulp and Weezer were both playing on the Sunday.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 50
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 11:56:06 AM   
borstal

Just shy of a quarter of a million for 3 gigs. Just need to see how many others they'll do on the tour now.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 51
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 12:38:35 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Well, Howard was one of the support acts, and though James and New Order would be playing just a song each, live on telly (Sit Down and Temptation, since you ask), he was allowed to sing a few. He began with a couple of self-penned numbers, including one called The Incidentals, which were met with mild applause by the home crowd. Growing in confidence, he asked fatefully: "Do you want to hear another one?" Matt considered this for a split-second, then yelled: "NO!", causing a huge laugh to ripple through the 10,000-strong crowd. Howard mumbled through a final number, muttered his goodbyes and departed, his solo career in tatters. I would feel guilty, but he hasn't done badly since. Also, it wasn't me that shouted.

The other comedy highlight was during the James song, for which we'd been asked to "spontaneously" sit down during the chorus. Everyone obeyed the dictat except one incredibly pissed guy in the middle of the square, who just stood there with his eyes shut, swaying from side to side. Still, the Commonwealth can't say we gave them a false picture of Manchester.

Amazing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 52
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 3:53:18 PM   
losthighway

I managed to get 2 tickets for the Sunday date at about 10:20am... but this was after almost an hour of being sat at the computer hitting F5 relentlessly whilst on ticketline, ticketmaster and gigsandtours. I finally got them through gigsandtours but ticketmaster was fucking useless, either crashing totally or managing to put the Sunday date up LATE, well after some of the other sites had sold out for it!!  I still have no confirmation e-mail but I do know the money has been taken and two tickets secured... so happy day at least!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 53
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 21/10/2011 4:09:00 PM   
gazpop

All you lot with tickets, can I come?

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 54
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 28/6/2012 1:02:54 PM   
borstal

...and it all starts tomorrow.

Reading this thread was funny. I got to see New Order after all Roll on Saturday night.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 55
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 30/6/2012 7:00:46 PM   
losthighway

Had to sell my two tickets... f**king work has got in the way!!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 56
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 30/6/2012 10:19:35 PM   
rick_7

I went last night. It was amazing. Sorry to everyone who didn't get tickets, hurray for everyone who did. Wearing my new tour t-shirt now.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Post #: 57
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 1/7/2012 12:48:55 PM   
losthighway

Do you think an arena tour is likely? ...I'm seriously hoping so!

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 58
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 2/7/2012 8:04:09 AM   
borstal

What a fantastic night on Saturday. Right at the front, video on the phone of Ian Brown as he came down and walked right in front of us. Me and Mrs B had one heck of a night.

Post #: 59
RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection - 2/7/2012 8:35:20 AM   
Lazarus munkey

I went on Saturday and the place was rocking. Beady Eye were not quite as offensive as I anticipated, either.
I was surprised that they opened with 'Adored' and closed with 'Resurrection'. Who'd have thunk it?

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: The Stone Roses reunite - It Is The Resurrection Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI