Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Scorpion King 3 Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Scorpion King 3 Trailer Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scorpion King 3 Trailer Online - 18/10/2011 10:41:53 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
"Dont think I'll make Hellboy 3 yet. But Scorpion ... - 18/10/2011 10:41:53 AM   
Agent Jack Bauer CTU

Is Ron Perlman bonkers? He is so much better than this. What was he thinking. I understand Billy Zane. The best things he did was Back To The Future, and Kelly Brook.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: "Dont think I'll make Hellboy 3 yet. But Scorp... - 18/10/2011 12:47:59 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent Jack Bauer CTU

I understand Billy Zane. The best things he did was Back To The Future, and Kelly Brook.

Poor Billy "I was in Titanic you know" Zane. I wonder if Kelly Brook knew he wore a wig?

< Message edited by TheMadFatChickKiller -- 18/10/2011 12:48:28 PM >

It's my way, or the highway...

(in reply to Agent Jack Bauer CTU)
Post #: 3
RE: "Dont think I'll make Hellboy 3 yet. But Scorp... - 18/10/2011 1:05:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

Billy Zane looks like he will be giving an AWESOME performance. I may just rent it to witness the full on power of HAM!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to TheMadFatChickKiller)
Post #: 4
RE: "Dont think I'll make Hellboy 3 yet. But Scorp... - 18/10/2011 1:06:11 PM   
Rgirvan44

And actully for a DTV - it looks like they have a bit of money. You don't see many DTVs using elephants in the middle of their battle scenes. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 5
RE: "Dont think I'll make Hellboy 3 yet. But Scorp... - 18/10/2011 1:35:29 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMadFatChickKiller

Poor Billy "I was in Titanic you know" Zane. I wonder if Kelly Brook knew he wore a wig?

He only wears a syrup for film roles.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to TheMadFatChickKiller)
Post #: 6
RE: Scorpion King 3 Trailer Online - 19/10/2011 8:17:10 AM   
DanTDavies

I think I saw better production values on Xena Warrior Princess! And isn't it supposed to be set in Egypt??????

Post #: 7
- 19/10/2011 2:50:22 PM   
sweetladybrick

Accept your baldness. Channel that psycho-smarm from Dead Calm. You could be Lex Luthor, easily. Jesus, Billy, are the bills really so big you have to do this? Ron Pearlman is better than this, but seems to take the easy gig for cash a lot (Mutant Chronicles? Did anyone see that? I didn't). He won't do Hellboy because the make-up is a big deal and it's probably a long shoot. All he has to do is show up hungover for every other project he does and they give him a jacket and ta-da- he's channelled his character.

Post #: 8
RE: - 19/10/2011 8:59:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Have people on here never seen Billy Zane outside of his films? He doesn't wear a wig in real life!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to sweetladybrick)
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 12/4/2012 8:12:31 PM   
Phubbs

The Scorpion King (2002)

So oddly enough this character was actually loosely based on a real Egyptian leader which does make things a little more interesting, not a franchise saver by any means but its cool to read up on it. This spin off is set 5000 years before the events of 'The Mummy' which does seem rather a long time to me.

Great title, slightly dull execution, we all knew what to expect here, Johnson running around half naked killing endless enemies with no apparent fighting skills. I will be completely truthful here and say this film isn't too bad, if you squint at it its almost pretty good, the fights are solid along with the stunts, cast does the job for the type of film this is and more importantly it actually looks good without any silly cgi to spoil the broth.

If you took out the historical setting you could quite easily say this was a sequel/prequel to the 'Conan' franchise really, its your basic swords n sorcery fantasy just without any monsters, its better than the recent official Conan effort. So yeah...this is not too bad, Kelly Hu looks lovely and Johnson is clearly learning the ropes showing promise.

The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior (2008)

Right now this is a prequel to the first Scorpion King film showing 'Mathayus' as a young lad and up n coming warrior. The lead for this film is a guy called Michael Copon and to be honest he does actually look like a young Johnson, credit where credits due the guy does pull off a reasonable young Johnson.

The same cannot be said for the dreadful Couture who can't act to save his life, the guy is a meat head and should only be used for fight sequences with his stature, why anyone would wanna use him for a speaking role is beyond me. The rest of the cast aren't too bad with a sexy young female, an intellectual Greek poet, a Chinese acrobat and a few mercs, quite a cute little band in a 'D&D' or 'LOTR' type way.

There are still some reasonably high production values here as the film just about looks OK, there is a battle against a Minotaur which could have been worse but has some good editing and a foray into the underworld which has some nice visuals. The finale is rather flat and does have a nasty cgi scorpion to deal with but overall I have seen much worse (this chapter is a bit more mythological), it still could have been much better of course, dealing with a young Scorpion King is good material to be mined but we have what we have.

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012)

I don't get Ron Perlman I really don't, the guy is a pretty big Hollywood star yet he still takes jobs like this! I know he does act in allot of cheap sci-fi/fantasy and some of it can be good cult stuff but surely he could see how bad this was gonna be.

So this is now the sequel to the first film as we follow an older 'Mathayus' as events lead up towards what would happen before 'The Mummy 2'. Usual appearance for the film of course but its notably cheaper looking with lots of really bad background extras hehe if you watch the battles (of which there are many) most of them haven't a clue what they are doing.

The plot is all jumbled up and dull, its all about over throwing this king or that king and getting another for assistance or whatever...I dunno really, I wasn't sure who is wanting what but all you need to know is everything looks cheap, even the fights don't look convincing.

I just find it hard to believe they even got the well spoken Billy Zane and Temuera Morrison in this! Morrison does actually look the part with his shaven head and Zane as always injects some humour into the proceedings which is probably the best thing in the film, the Scorpion King is played by some guy I have never heard of.

Its all terrible, pretty wooden, obvious shell sets, a big fat oaf sidekick character because its funny when he burps apparently and some dubious Mortal Kombat style magical characters at the end, I was not amused.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 12/4/2012 8:16:24 PM >

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 12/4/2012 8:31:26 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012)

lol,Ron perlman face says it all on the films poster:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/Scorpion_King_3_DVD_Cover.jpg
"Wtf am I doing here,...oh yeah I'm doing it for the money,again"

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Scorpion King 3 Trailer Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI