Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 19/10/2011 1:15:38 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Can't you just imagine in 1-200 years time when people look back on the film History of 1 Michael Bay in the Movie Industry 1 word LOUD!

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 31
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 19/10/2011 10:49:28 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Or perish the thought it'll all be Bay's "Transformers: RotF" with its ball-clanging in three-dimensional glory.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 32
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 19/10/2011 11:10:22 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: MoBiUGeArSkIn

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

What was so hard about it? They were bringing Cybertron to Earth. Then intended to use humans as slave labour to rebuild it.

I don't understand how anyone could look to these films and say they don't understand them. What' to understand. Understand?

Use humans as slave labour to rebuild Cybertron? Great plan. We can't even build decent electric cars or trains that work when it snows but rebuild a super-advanced robot planet? In space? No problem.

We can't. Why assume, in a film where giant alien robots are brining their home planet into Earth's atmosphere, they couldn't? Cybertron is dead. There's nothing on it, and no way to create life going forward. Need slaves. Got a whole planet of humans to enslave. Job done.

So an entire race of super-advanced, highly intelligent machines who are so super-advanced and highly intelligent they can not only transform into absolutely ANYTHING you put in front of them but can also travel around the galaxy at will decide it would be easier to enslave a bunch of weak, puny, terrified, untrained, unadvanced humans with inferior intellect to take on the highly complex and no doubt mentally and physically taxing workload inherent in re-building a sodding PLANET rather than just use their super-advanced highly intelligent-ness to transform themselves into a even more super-advanced highly intelligent mega machine that could whip the job off in a matter of hours and still have time for extended coffee-breaks, an early finish and a skinful down the local?
You must be thinking of the Go-Bots, son

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 33
it's all downhill regardless - 19/10/2011 11:47:11 PM   
jodybriggs

I made a firm decision that Transformers 2 was the last one i'll be seeing and i've stuck to that. But Bay or not they'll just get progressively worse (if that's possible) ala batman, superman, Spiderman, etc, before it. it's not about making good movies, it's about making money, something Transformers seems to have no problem doing so i'd say settle in for at least another three instalments of this vacuous shit.

< Message edited by jodybriggs -- 19/10/2011 11:50:36 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 34
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 19/10/2011 11:59:30 PM   
Deviation

quote:

So an entire race of super-advanced, highly intelligent machines who are so super-advanced and highly intelligent they can not only transform into absolutely ANYTHING you put in front of them but can also travel around the galaxy at will decide it would be easier to enslave a bunch of weak, puny, terrified, untrained, unadvanced humans with inferior intellect to take on the highly complex and no doubt mentally and physically taxing workload inherent in re-building a sodding PLANET rather than just use their super-advanced highly intelligent-ness to transform themselves into a even more super-advanced highly intelligent mega machine that could whip the job off in a matter of hours and still have time for extended coffee-breaks, an early finish and a skinful down the local?

Oddly enough, that was one of the most sensible ideas in that film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 35
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 20/10/2011 3:34:53 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

What was so hard about it? They were bringing Cybertron to Earth. Then intended to use humans as slave labour to rebuild it.

I don't understand how anyone could look to these films and say they don't understand them. What' to understand. Understand?

Use humans as slave labour to rebuild Cybertron? Great plan. We can't even build decent electric cars or trains that work when it snows but rebuild a super-advanced robot planet? In space? No problem.

We can't. Why assume, in a film where giant alien robots are brining their home planet into Earth's atmosphere, they couldn't? Cybertron is dead. There's nothing on it, and no way to create life going forward. Need slaves. Got a whole planet of humans to enslave. Job done.

Even though some humans managed to back-engineer their technology in order to advance their technological progress. I suspect they didn't have the manpower to re-build Cybertron on their own and so decided that a race of expendable creatures with moderate intelligence could be adapted (as we have aptly done throughout our genesis) to suit their needs? Besides can you imagine amalgamating all those Cybertronians into one epic colossus of a machine and working out shift patterns? Who goes where? Who does what? For how long? Christ! I need to lie down and put a flannel on my face.

Gorgozoid: "Jeff! I'm doing some unpaid over-time here. Hurry up!" Jeff: "*unintelligble*...&*%%~'{]!"$"$%^^%&*$%" Gorgozoid: "You can play with your Trans-American train set later! Come-on!" RrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrRr *Jeff transforms into an aircraft and joins the work-shift*

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 20/10/2011 3:37:53 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

Post #: 36
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 20/10/2011 6:31:24 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even though some humans managed to back-engineer their technology in order to advance their technological progress. I suspect they didn't have the manpower to re-build Cybertron on their own and so decided that a race of expendable creatures with moderate intelligence could be adapted (as we have aptly done throughout our genesis) to suit their needs? Besides can you imagine amalgamating all those Cybertronians into one epic colossus of a machine and working out shift patterns? Who goes where? Who does what? For how long? Christ! I need to lie down and put a flannel on my face.

Gorgozoid: "Jeff! I'm doing some unpaid over-time here. Hurry up!" Jeff: "*unintelligble*...&*%%~'{]!"$"$%^^%&*$%" Gorgozoid: "You can play with your Trans-American train set later! Come-on!" RrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrRr *Jeff transforms into an aircraft and joins the work-shift*

Hmm, you're right, I haven't thought it through.
I'll just stick to: why the fuck would a robot wear a cunting scarf?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 37
Thank god - 20/10/2011 6:40:54 PM   
cra1gs

No Bay, maybe, just maybe this film might be good. The first was excellent. We all know what the second was like, so let's not go there. The third was only good for the last hour.

Without The worst director in the world (apart from Ratner) this might just be what we have all hoped for. Well I am.

Post #: 38
RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? - 20/10/2011 6:56:30 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Hmm, you're right, I haven't thought it through.
I'll just stick to: why the fuck would a robot wear a cunting scarf?

I would say to blend in but that would just be banal. Shall we just blame it on Bayism?

Post #: 39
1 was enough - 21/10/2011 11:44:21 AM   
Swedle

transformers 1 was actually a good film! even michael lets-blow-shit-up-and-make-money bay couldn't ruin it!
the second was painful, i've blocked it entirely from my memory, and i really think if i have to watch any more i'll lose all hope for humanity and go live in a cave

Post #: 40
RE: 1 was enough - 21/10/2011 5:17:37 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Probably only good because the Knob-head wasn't taking it too seriously then it got great reviews made a ton of money and then he let it all go to his head.

(in reply to Swedle)
Post #: 41
Pleased To See - 21/10/2011 9:16:45 PM   
walkef02

I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who passionately hates Bay's work on T'formers!? I've been tearing him to bits since the first one (yeah, it was OK, but still far from acceptable) and always met angry opposition. I'd like to see Jon Favreau have a go at the next installment. He was a risky yet inspired choice for Marvel, he could work the same magic for Hasbro/Paramount ???

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Ready For Transformers 4 AND 5? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI