Rambo V: Last Stand

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rambo V: Last Stand Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rambo V: Last Stand - 16/10/2011 8:22:54 PM   
Sutty

Just read that Sean Hood, the screenwriter behind the last Conan movie, has handed in his draft to Millenium. Their has been no official word yet as to whether or not a fifth movie is even in the offing, but things are moving forward. Slowly.
Whether or not this script is the Mexican kidnap idea that was being touted around a few months ago (last stand/stand off?) no-one seems to know. It was an idea that Stallone appeared the most keen on, and I'm guessing what he says, go's.

My worry is that a fifth film is likely to "domesticate" Rambo somewhat. Not just locationally but as a person/character too. What made the last Rambo movie so good was how feral and animalistic Rambo had become. We have never seen Rambo in a domestic situation per se. I know in Rambo III they gave him more of a sense of humour, but does anyone want to see sipping coffee at breakfast? I say this because it is a likely avenue that a new movie would go down, particularly given the ending of the last movie. Unless they wanna "find" Rambo in another arse end of the planet keeping a low profile, which would really retread earlier movies in the franchise. For me, the ending of Rambo was great, really great. Him taking the walk home, us wondering, like him, what waits for him at the end of the road. A father? A brother? An uncle? Or maybe a female family member. I think seeing Rambo walking towards what was once his home (his home for the last 25 years has been Hell after all) was as close to the "domestic Rambo" as I wanted to see. I struggle to see what they would do with Rambo now, and where they would take him.

I'd rather see Stallone make his Death Wish movie he has wanted to do for so long, and work out any idea's of an urban Rambo through a new character.

What do you think?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"
Post #: 1
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 16/10/2011 8:31:47 PM   
darth silas

NO.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 16/10/2011 9:24:18 PM   
Sutty

Nothing like healthy debate. Eh, Darth...?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 3
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 16/10/2011 10:50:02 PM   
LEEJGM

I'd welcome a 5th film. I'd set it a couple of years after 4, with Rambo living alone on the ranch, his father having died a while after they have made their peace. Therefore, we have all the family, domestic stuff out of the way within minutes. Also, I'd have Rambo's mental state detoriate, bringing flashbacks from his past back, reveal some nasty truths about what he may have done in Vietnam and kill him off galantly at the end. Rambo 4 had it's moments, but it wasn't the ending that the brilliant character in First Blood (not the cliche from 2 & 3) deserved.

Actually, thinking about it - introducing a previously unknown half brother into the mix might be an idea too and maybe bring David Caruso along to tie it in with First Blood.

Anyway, as I said I'd welcome a fifth film, I just want to see more Rambo action this time

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 4
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 17/10/2011 11:27:55 AM   
JIm R

The last film tied so much togther with the final shot, there is no need for any more beyond Stallone's will to want to do another. As a story, it's complete. Any more would reduce the impact of RAMBO.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 17/10/2011 11:28:49 AM >

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 5
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 17/10/2011 11:51:44 AM   
Owen Williams

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31825

Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 6
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 17/10/2011 1:06:04 PM   
DazDaMan

I agree with Sutty, the fourth film tied things up perfectly.

A fifth film, while it would indeed be a kick-ass ride, just isn't necessary!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Owen Williams)
Post #: 7
RE: Rambo V: Last Stand - 17/10/2011 1:09:47 PM   
Scott_

I'd much rather see Cliffhanger 2.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rambo V: Last Stand Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI