Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Rade Sherbedgia Cast As Taken 2's Baddie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rade Sherbedgia Cast As Taken 2's Baddie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rade Sherbedgia Cast As Taken 2's Baddie - 14/10/2011 9:29:11 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Really Empire? - 14/10/2011 9:29:11 AM   
tallaght24

You guys seem very eager to see a sequel to a film that you only gave one star to upon its release. What's wrong? Realised you guys were the only ones that *didn't* like Taken and started to feel a bit left out?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Really Empire? - 14/10/2011 10:09:40 AM   
attakdog

Just about to post the same tallaght24.

Too late to start banging the drum now Empire!

(in reply to tallaght24)
Post #: 3
Good god! - 14/10/2011 11:34:53 AM   
tallaght24

Just read the Empire review again. Sweet Jesus Mr Jolin, just how many beds did you get out on the wrong side of before going to watch the movie? I mean I can understand.....no, no I'm sorry I can't understand how someone cannot like Taken, but reading the review Dan Jolin wrote...a little scary. He goes on like someone involved with making the movie called him a c**t, set fire to his house then crashed his motor before inviting him to watch Taken. Unreal.

< Message edited by tallaght24 -- 14/10/2011 11:36:39 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Good god! - 14/10/2011 11:49:37 AM   
attakdog

That review simply beggars belief and was a real tipping point for me with Empire. I used to buy every month, now its just once a year if I'm bored at the airport.

I didn't go and watch Taken at the cinema because of that review. My brother rung me asking if I wanted to see it, I said dont waste your money, its crap, Empire gave it a one star. Thank god he didn't listen and went anyway, and text me saying how much I'd love the film. I was still a bit meh, then I happened to watch its premier on Sky movies and I was hooked, and bought the DVD the following day.

Dont get me wrong, it shouldn't be 5 stars, where are the oscars, but just leave your brain at the door, watch neeson kicking ass and it is the most solid 3 Star Film in the history of cinema. The clown who reviewed it for Empire that day totally dropped the ball. Maybe he got in a strop because he thought he was reviewing the latest Terence Malick tripe and got Taken instead, who knows???

(in reply to tallaght24)
Post #: 5
Uh... - 14/10/2011 12:39:31 PM   
willkillyoulast

...EMPIRE didn't write that review, ONE of the reviewers did. It's one of those rare moments where someone just happens to disagree with a load of other people.
Let's be fair. Taken was not at all realistic.
At. All.
The reviewer got that much right. But man was it enjoyable...the reviewer got that wrong. But again...one person. ONE. Get the heck over it. One bad review. That's all it was.
Jeez.

Post #: 6
er - 14/10/2011 4:17:12 PM   
a123matt

'empire' weren't the only ones not to like taken it was terrible xenophobic chauvinistic pap with the all the style and nuance of a dead horse dressed in bright orange tux

Post #: 7
Huh? - 14/10/2011 7:06:41 PM   
tallaght24

Why was it xenophobic? Because the bad guy was foreign? Christ that would mean nearly every film with a villain ever made was xenophobic. Sort it out mate!

Post #: 8
Rade - 14/10/2011 8:11:21 PM   
Tracy

Glad to see this actor getting some recognition and an article on this website. Watch Before the Rain or Fugitive Pieces. The guy is a fabulous, very underused actor.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rade Sherbedgia Cast As Taken 2's Baddie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI