Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A Good Day to Die Hard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: A Good Day to Die Hard Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/10/2012 8:52:17 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Am I alone in liking all four of the Die Hards?

Of course the original is the best and at times Die Hard 4 was a little bit OTT, but I can forgive that as we do want a bit of escapism.

I hope it will be up to the standard of the first 4 movies. With the wit and humour that Bruce Willis has brought over the years.

God no!! I think some are weaker than others but I love them all. John McClane is probably my favourite action hero, it's a very close call between him and Bond. I actually think the trailer for DH5 being shown before Skyfall may have influenced my viewing of Skyfall

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 91
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/10/2012 9:39:46 PM   
Gazz

I saw the fourth DH film at the cinema and walked away thinking that although it was rather OTT and somewhat lacking in balls it was still a fun popcorn film and a better one than DH2 (a film which I've never been a fan of). However I caught DH4 recently and couldn't make it through the entire film due to extreme boredom. I suppose some films are better left to one viewing. Perhaps I'm simply growing too old for this shit.

I don't have much hope for GDtDH. Moore is a pretty terrible choice for director and I'm sure that despite being heavy in the action department it'll turn out just as neutered as the last outing.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 92
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 31/10/2012 4:21:23 PM   
jcthefirst

Saw the new trailer in the cinema the other night, and it really got me in the mood for it. I'm now on board for this, and hopefully it'll be at least as decent as the last one.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 93
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 1/11/2012 1:20:58 PM   
spark1

i miss michael kamen.
Post #: 94
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 4/12/2012 3:01:32 PM   
spark1

behind the scenes clips-

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-12-03/a-good-day-to-die-hard-behind-the-scenes-video-of-die-hard-5

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 95
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 10/12/2012 11:11:11 AM   
Dannybohy

I watched Die Hard again last night, what a great movie!. I`ll always watch another Die Hard, I enjoyed DH:4 for some reason, the rest I can happily never watch again.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 96
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 11/12/2012 6:21:36 AM   
Joserabal

I just wait of A Good Day to Die Hard movie.........It is an upcoming movie which is released in Month of feb and year 2013.........

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 97
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 11/12/2012 10:11:10 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joserabal

I just wait of A Good Day to Die Hard movie.........It is an upcoming movie which is released in Month of feb and year 2013.........

You win the Internet

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Joserabal)
Post #: 98
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 16/12/2012 6:40:48 PM   
Private Hudson

Couple of things I had a wee read at...

First of all I am glad I am not alone in liking all 4 Die Hards.

Secondly, Lethal Weapon series is a pile of pants compared to Die Hard, can't believe the comparison there.

Thirdly, ok so the son is in it, but they have to try something new, don't they?

Fourthly, McClane wasn't too reluctant in 4? Oh come on. Surely if you were John McClane and you'd been through what he has been through he probably thinks he is a full blown hero by now. In fact where is his medal from The President?

And I agree, who cares if Bruce Willis is bald? He still looks more like John McClane than anyone I can think of.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

Post #: 99
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 17/12/2012 1:08:20 PM   
ED-209

quote:

You aint! I fucking love 'em all as well!

Post #: 100
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 17/12/2012 1:12:11 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED-209

quote:

I like all four as well.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to ED-209)
Post #: 101
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 17/12/2012 3:37:17 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED-209

quote:

I like all four as well.

Count me in as someone who loves all the Die Hards.With A Vengeance is my least favourite but its still good fun and the Harder cut of DH4 is the best of the sequels so far.

Any word on whether the film will be called Die Hard 5 over here and what the rating will be? Regardless im looking forward to some more Mclane action!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 102
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 24/12/2012 6:11:44 PM   
Private Hudson

I am relieved that I am not alone!

Yes they vary in quality, but compared to almost every action movie (and series) they are pretty brilliant.

John McClane has truly become one of cinema's action heroes. He sits well in the Pantheon of greats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 103
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 25/12/2012 3:25:42 AM   
Sutty

Die Hard is a stone cold classic. Little from its genre touches it.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder is a very good movie and vastly under rated in my opinion.

Die Hard: With a Vengeance is a good film but suffers a little in becoming more of a buddy movie. Even Renny Harlin recognised that on the whole McClane works alone. Villians are pretty weak too...

Die Hard 4.0 is a decent film, and on occasion does have the Die Hard feel. But  it is a softer movie than previous in the way that Lethal Weapon 4 is slightly more early teen orientated. Like Timothy Olyphant but wish he had more to do. The final half hour or so with the truck and jet thing is more True Lies than Die Hard.

Personally, I think this latest installment will prove to be the weakest by far. John Moore is a very poor director, and bringing in McClanes son doesn't bode well for me. Fan nostalgia may make it a few quid, but I'm not overly hopefull of a return to form...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 104
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 26/12/2012 2:07:01 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Die Hard 2: Die Harder is a very good movie and vastly under rated in my opinion.

Die Hard: With a Vengeance is a good film but suffers a little in becoming more of a buddy movie. Even Renny Harlin recognised that on the whole McClane works alone. Villians are pretty weak too...

Die Hard 4.0 is a decent film, and on occasion does have the Die Hard feel. But  it is a softer movie than previous in the way that Lethal Weapon 4 is slightly more early teen orientated. Like Timothy Olyphant but wish he had more to do. The final half hour or so with the truck and jet thing is more True Lies than Die Hard.

Personally, I think this latest installment will prove to be the weakest by far. John Moore is a very poor director, and bringing in McClanes son doesn't bode well for me. Fan nostalgia may make it a few quid, but I'm not overly hopefull of a return to form...

Looking at the trailer I had a little hope restored; it doesn't seem to have gone big like 4 but seems to be set in possibly the one building, the only outside shots we've seen so far have clearly been set during the first act before the action starts. And John Moore isn't as bad as I thougth; I really enjoyed Behind Enemy Lines and the Flight of the Phoenix was pretty decent. Going from the trailer it also still has the wit, and I think the son element could work really well; in three of the previous installments McClane has been driven by the desire to protect his family, having to protect and at the same accept help from his son has a lot of potential in my opinion.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 105
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/12/2012 3:10:48 AM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

Looking at the trailer I had a little hope restored; it doesn't seem to have gone big like 4 but seems to be set in possibly the one building, the only outside shots we've seen so far have clearly been set during the first act before the action starts. And John Moore isn't as bad as I thougth; I really enjoyed Behind Enemy Lines and the Flight of the Phoenix was pretty decent. Going from the trailer it also still has the wit, and I think the son element could work really well; in three of the previous installments McClane has been driven by the desire to protect his family, having to protect and at the same accept help from his son has a lot of potential in my opinion.

I don't wanna be too negative so I hope you're right. Bringing in McClanes daughter in 4.0 didn't do much for me, so I don't see brining in another sibling will do much else... But more than that I can't get past the fact that they have hired a complete hack to direct this thing. His remake of The Omen was awful, turning it in to Final Destination.
I would of brought McTieran back (if he's not in jail...) or even Renny Harlin. I think Willis would of perhaps done better making this a non-Die Hard flick. For me, the only reason to put this in the Die Hard arena is to churn up old jokes/nostalgia that wouldn't happen if it wasn't a Die Hard movie. In the trailer they are already using the music from the first movie some 25 years ago. And the Yippee Kiy Ay Mother Russia is lame.

I got a nice, new, crisp five pound note that says that this will be a two (perhaps borderline three) star movie.

Just sayin'... 

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 106
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 29/12/2012 4:43:04 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Have you seen the harder cut of Die Hard 4 Sutty? Its a big improvement on the theatrical cut.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 107
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 29/12/2012 9:07:38 PM   
directorscut

No it isn't. It's still a piece of poo.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 108
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 31/12/2012 8:23:18 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

This

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 109
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 31/12/2012 5:31:51 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

These paragraphs pretty much sum up my thoughts on the films so far.

As for John Moore directing the fifth film, it's true that Moore is basically a terrible hack, but the way I see it every hack has at least one good film in them.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 31/12/2012 5:33:31 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 110
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 31/12/2012 8:18:25 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Absolutely.

quote:

Here's where I disagree. While I still love watching Bruce I think there are many things that let this one down. I've nothing against violence but there's a streak of unpleasant sadism in this one that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Overall I think it lacks a lot of the original's wit and charm. Actually, it's my least favourite of the franchise.

quote:

I think Vengeance benefits from the buddy-buddy element, and McClane still gets to do his thang. If anything I think it manages to recapture a lot of the charm and energy that I felt was missing from 2.

quote:

I think 4 is quite underated, although it does suffer from the more watered-down teen-orientated feel. However, I still prefer it over 2 for having bucket-loads of charm and energy. And while the final action scenes stretch our willing suspension of disbelief I don't think they're any more ludicrous than anything that happens in 2.

I'm looking forward to seeing 5, although like many I do worry about how the vibe will be affected by taking the story out of America. However, he's John motherfuckin' McClane and I'd happily watch him anywhere.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 31/12/2012 8:19:51 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 111
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 1/1/2013 2:48:50 AM   
Scott_

The quality might vary (I like 'em all mind you...) but Willis always nails it as McClane and that is good enough reason to be looking forward to a new Die Hard. I hope they don't make McClane Jr a generic meathead, thats the main thing that worries me about 5.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 112
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 1/1/2013 6:50:31 AM   
Joserabal

Thanks for the information about this movie

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 113
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 2/1/2013 5:33:48 PM   
Private Hudson

I agree with Dancing Clown about Die Hard: Die Harder in that while it is a very good movie, it doesn't have much wit or charm and is pretty violent (I know it is a 15 and not an 18) but the violence seems more brutal and sadistic.

I would also say it is probably my own least favourite. Naturally there is nothing to touch the original, then I would go for No. 3 as it has some great scenes and movie banter. Also I do love the puzzles/challenges. It's like Top Gear on speed.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 114
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 3/1/2013 8:50:02 PM   
musht

New trailer looks great!! I'm getting more and more excited for this

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 115
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 3/1/2013 10:33:26 PM   
rich

quote:

I agree with Dancing Clown about Die Hard: Die Harder in that while it is a very good movie, it doesn't have much wit or charm and is pretty violent (I know it is a 15 and not an 18) but the violence seems more brutal and sadistic.

I would also say it is probably my own least favourite. Naturally there is nothing to touch the original, then I would go for No. 3 as it has some great scenes and movie banter. Also I do love the puzzles/challenges. It's like Top Gear on speed.

It's what you get on the tin - a Renny Harlin movie with snow and blood. He's filmed a few! I kinda like it for what it is though, the kind of weird gruesome 80s actioner that nobody makes nowadays.

The thing about the series is that the none of the sequels fit to me, they don't seem related to that first one even when they shoe-horn in the silly "it was the money they were after" plots or drag in people related to Hans Gruber. It was a nicer idea that John McClane went home and got his shit together after part one, even when I like all the sequels on varying levels.

It's why I can't get that upset over the new trailer - it's all teal and orange and full of CGI, but at list it might be fun.

< Message edited by rich -- 3/1/2013 10:40:40 PM >

Meanwhile...

Post #: 116
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 4/1/2013 9:28:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

That last shot in the trailer is immense! Love it!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 117
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 5/1/2013 1:33:17 AM   
Mister Coe

I've probably missd a previous post, but is there any news on whether this is going to be a weak 12A / PG-13 / CGI'd to fuck teenie-friendly film or a brain-splattering, bare-feet-slicing, icycle through the brain slice of hardcore action cinema like the first three, JUST AS IT SHOULD BE!

Say what now?

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 118
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 5/1/2013 1:39:29 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I've probably missd a previous post, but is there any news on whether this is going to be a weak 12A / PG-13 / CGI'd to fuck teenie-friendly film or a brain-splattering, bare-feet-slicing, icycle through the brain slice of hardcore action cinema like the first three, JUST AS IT SHOULD BE!

Googled it earlier, still no word. I really want some blood and bad language this time round

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 119
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 6/1/2013 4:20:38 PM   
seriouslybroshow

I took a third trailer "Die Hard" and cut out of it to music. Then recreated the natural sounds. And here's what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpQPxoCp3gI

Good work or bad? I always create a similar trailers.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: A Good Day to Die Hard Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI