Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Good Day to Die Hard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> A Good Day to Die Hard Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Good Day to Die Hard - 12/10/2011 10:40:45 PM   
Vadersville

Just read that this is the title for the fifth Die Hard film....

Clicky

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind
Post #: 1
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 12/10/2011 11:14:41 PM   
musht

I hope they keep this title and go back to at least a 15A rating. I quite liked the title "Live Free Or Die Hard" so I hope they don't change it for European audiences.

To be honest I don't have high hopes for this as a Die Hard film, Die Hard 4.0 was a good action film but in my opinion Willis failed to recapture McClane, maybe it was the script but I still find it hard to think of John McClane in Die Hard 4.0 as being the same John McClane in the original trilogy . . . but maybe that's just me

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 2
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 2:12:06 AM   
Spaldron

As said elsewhere, its directed by John Moore who can't direct traffic and for that reason this film will likely be terrible.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 3
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 2:22:46 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

As said elsewhere, its directed by John Moore who can't direct traffic and for that reason this film will likely be terrible.

I really enjoyed Behind Enemy Lines (although it's been a fair while since I've seen it) but I agree his recent work has been fairly poor. In his defence though he didn't have much to work with on Max Payne, it's not like the script had potential or anything, I think it was always gonna be crap no matter who directed it. I haven't seen his Omen but I haven't heard good things. Was the Flight Of the Phoenix remake Moore's that was good.

No matter how bad this is it cannot affect the original trilogy in my eyes and certainly not the original which is a stonewall classic

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 4
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 2:34:29 AM   
Spaldron

The Omen remake was hellish.......

....I'll get me coat.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 5
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 8:13:41 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

This......but it's Die Hard. I want it to be good darn it!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 6
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 8:46:56 AM   
azzman1984

All i can say i hope Michael Fassbender plays Hans Gruber's son

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 7
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 8:53:56 PM   
Sutty

Hmmm....

The title is kinda cool, and its always good seeing brucie in his signature role... But the choice of director is incredibly poor and the choice of screenwriter suggests perhaps an even more over the top/fantastical type action than part 4. The actual story outline doesn't sound like a "die hard" movie. In fact it sounds like its ripped straight out 24. If they are gonna make another, they should look back the first two to see what made these movies tick. What about getting McTieran in on this? What's he doing nowadays? Or even Renny Harlin? The choice of director here stinks. Sorry!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 8
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 9:50:08 PM   
Super Hans

I've a distinct feeling that the title will be the best thing with this one.  After unforgivingly making the last one 'Die Hard, You Know, For Kids...', I've pretty much written off the franchise now.  The Die Hard films should have stopped after the 3rd one as a fond memory of the action genre's heyday.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 9
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 11:08:15 PM   
st3veebee

This is deeply upsetting. That is all.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 10
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 13/10/2011 11:45:38 PM   
rich

If they're not going to call it Die Hard 5: Die Hardest I don't care

Meanwhile...

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 11
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 15/10/2011 8:30:11 PM   
DeppBurtonAlliance

In UK it will probably be called Die Hard 5.0 or Die Hard Five or Die Hard x5 or something shit since we didn't get Live Free Or Die Hard for the last one. And he'll say "Yippee Kay Yay mother f-" andthen his douche of a son will interupt him, and the sone will get most of the attention to set him up to carry the series from now on. Worst of all it will be a 12A... People who are currently under 15 wont appreciate how good Die Hard was before 4.0 came along and thy'll think Die Hard 5 will be "cool"... and all we can do about it is curl up in the corner with our copy of The Last Boy Scout and remember how good action films used to be. 

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 12
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 15/10/2011 8:36:40 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeppBurtonAlliance

In UK it will probably be called Die Hard 5.0 or Die Hard Five or Die Hard x5 or something shit since we didn't get Live Free Or Die Hard for the last one. And he'll say "Yippee Kay Yay mother f-" andthen his douche of a son will interupt him, and the sone will get most of the attention to set him up to carry the series from now on. Worst of all it will be a 12A... People who are currently under 15 wont appreciate how good Die Hard was before 4.0 came along and thy'll think Die Hard 5 will be "cool"... and all we can do about it is curl up in the corner with our copy of The Last Boy Scout and remember how good action films used to be. 

This ^

(in reply to DeppBurtonAlliance)
Post #: 13
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 16/10/2011 10:19:29 AM   
Snake-Eyes

A Fifth DIE HARD film is not necessary but then again, if done properly, it could work. I dunno... NOTHING will EVER top that original '88 classic.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 14
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 16/10/2011 11:38:20 AM   
spark1

they just need a decent villain to match rickman from DH1.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 15
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 16/10/2011 11:44:37 AM   
NCC1701A

And drop the McClane & son idea from the film.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 16/10/2011 11:45:47 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 16
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 16/10/2011 1:59:45 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

John Moore, why???? Flight of the Phoenix was good but that's it.

They should brought Renny Harlin in again!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 17
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 17/10/2011 4:20:06 PM   
buffster28

i like the title . it'll be better if they don't go for a kiddie rating like with #4.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 18
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 17/10/2011 5:54:45 PM   
Marwood

This will be a 12a/PG-13 just like the last one and also like that will be a bland, mediocre McMovie that exists only to stretch out the nostalgia. John Moore is essentially a journeyman director like Len Wiseman - reliable but unremarkable and I think that's probably a likely phrase that will be used for this film in quite a few reviews as well. I do like the title though, would have liked it if we had Live Free or Die Hard as the title of the 4th over here too instead of Die Hard 4.0....Fox, we know who John fucking McClane is, if you have Die Hard in the title then we'll get it y'know.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 19
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/1/2012 5:17:42 AM   
Sutty

I quite liked the Live Free or Die Hard title for the 4th part too. At least it showed some gumption. I think the reason they didn't use that title over here is that no-one would have known what the hell it meant. Think it is a saying or phrase in the states...

Personally I think part 5, if they have to make one, should be called Die Hard: Just frinkin' die now will ya! G'damn!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 20
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/1/2012 7:04:02 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Personally I think part 5, if they have to make one, should be called Die Hard: Just frinkin' die now will ya! G'damn!

THEY LIVE AND LET DIE HARD TARGET.

How's that Sutt?

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 21
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/1/2012 7:17:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

I hope Bruce Willis starts hanging out on the AICN boards again. That was the funniest thing to come out of the last thing.

Esp when he rambled on about the mythology of Die Hard.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 22
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/1/2012 8:52:41 PM   
jobloffski

Bit irrelevant, but only belatedly caught Hard Rain, and wondered how much more cinematically epic this series could have been if each one had pegged Mclane to a different 'disaster movie' scenario. The first one was basically the towering inferno plus a drama situation, after all.

I'm being serious btw, I saw Hard Rain only very recently and found myself almost from the off thinking it would have been a cracking scenario to build a Die Hard Movie around. And I couldn't help theorising that the script might have originally titled Die Hard: Rain. The 'normal guy having to overcome increasingly tough odds and eventually partnering up with a black dude' so completely slipped into the basic schematic priot to 4.0 that it just made me think what if this film, really was originally conceived as a flood scenario to be a contrast to an inferno scenarioin a Die Hard Folloe up.

And the title, A Good Day to Die Hard? Shite. Live Free or Die Hard was also a shite title. 4.0 was a bit better because it at least had a feel of 'computer related stuff' about it and that was, after all, what the plot hinged on. But it was still shite.

Whatever, bit late in the day for the above comments of course and it would NEVER be made with so much real water now, but if you want a relatively good, and better than some of the real thing Die Hard experience, watch Hard Rain and keep in your mind the idea how much more of a massive thing it could have been as a McClane Vehicle.

Presumably the next movie will forget just how crucial it was to the first film to make the suffering and situation for 'McClane, one man being the bloody minded, implacable, vulnerable but also indestructible fly in the ointment of the dastardly plan' a part of the film all to itself against which all else played out. He's been increasingly not 'alone as the one who has the will to keep fighting on, supported only by one other human being somewhere out there' as the series has progressed and that is the one specific reason what Die Hard started going soft a long tine ago.

Blah blah blah, etc

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 28/1/2012 9:03:39 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 23
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 28/1/2012 9:43:24 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I hope Bruce Willis starts hanging out on the AICN boards again. That was the funniest thing to come out of the last thing.

when was this? do you have a link?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 24
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 29/1/2012 7:21:03 PM   
Private Hudson

The way I see it there is Die Hard and then the sequels.

Die Hard (1988) is one of the best action movies ever... and indeed it does have a bit of a brain (though I am sure there will be plot holes galore if you look hard enough) but it was also witty. I still chuckle at the Asian Dawn remark... "I read about them in Time magazine".

Die Hard has a big TV star making his movie breakthrough and has a superb supporting cast, and it has Alan Rickman's best performance as Hans Gruber. Rickman is so cool, charming and nasty I think there is always a wee bit of us secretly rooting for him to get away. (How Rickman has never been signed up as the Bond villain is a disgrace!)

Die Hard is an 18 but over the years thanks to TV editing and censorship it has become almost a family movie and a traditional Christmas movie (of sorts!). This has diluted the impact of the superb original which is a genuine 5 star movie.

The sequels are obviously not as good as the original but I do think that everyone of them are fun. The only thing is that they do go more OTT than the original with the recent movie having John McClane leaping about fighting a plane (I think) a bit silly.

But they are far superior as a collection of sequels than most.

I welcome Die Hard 5 or whatever they will call it when it comes here, and yes I also agree Live Free or Die Hard was a better title than 4.0.

"Welcome to the party, pal!"

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 25
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 30/1/2012 2:44:26 PM   
spark1

trouble is the 1st film was so perfect, especially with its central concept of trapping john in same enviroment as baddies/hostages, that any follow up moving away from that central idea would not be so fresh.

this sequel seems to be moving back to original idea with the prison setting.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 30/1/2012 3:11:38 PM >

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 26
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 30/1/2012 3:15:04 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

when was this? do you have a link?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32598

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 27
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 30/1/2012 3:21:25 PM   
boaby

So what do we think?

Temporal disturbance. John McClane on a Bird of Prey versus the Klingons?

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 1/2/2012 12:10:05 AM   
dreddhead123

The title is a bit naff.

How about

Never Die Hard

or

Forever Die Hard

They seem more appropriate and not so long to say!

Forever Die Hard

sounds kinda cool.

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 1/2/2012 12:11:37 AM >

Post #: 29
RE: A Good Day to Die Hard - 1/2/2012 8:13:55 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

So what do we think?

Temporal disturbance. John McClane on a Bird of Prey versus the Klingons?

Seems like it from the tittle.

envision trailer: McClane junping from one exploding Bird of Pray to another holding his breath. Clingon opera as the soundtrack.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> A Good Day to Die Hard Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI