Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Good Day To Die Hard....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A Good Day To Die Hard.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 12/10/2011 7:55:55 PM   
The REAL Bozz

...is the title for the new Die Hard movie.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***
Post #: 1
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 12/10/2011 7:56:49 PM   
Scott_

I fucking hope not.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 2
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 13/10/2011 7:50:33 PM   
Rollo_Tomassi

I'll live with that title if they promise to fire John Moore. What on earth were they thinking hiring him in the first place? There's a huge list of hack directors to choose from - pick one of the better ones.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 3
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 13/10/2011 10:51:00 PM   
DazDaMan

The American title for the last one was Live Free or Die Hard, which is the motto of one of the states I think. I liked it over the 4.0 title.

Not sure I like this one, though. It sounds like a Bond film reject....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Rollo_Tomassi)
Post #: 4
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 13/10/2011 11:05:05 PM   
directorscut

The final nail in the Die Hard coffin was put in when Kevin Smith appeared.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 5
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 13/10/2011 11:06:15 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

The American title for the last one was Live Free or Die Hard, which is the motto of one of the states I think. I liked it over the 4.0 title.

THIS

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 6
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 3:09:50 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rollo_Tomassi

I'll live with that title if they promise to fire John Moore. What on earth were they thinking hiring him in the first place? There's a huge list of hack directors to choose from - pick one of the better ones.

This ^

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rollo_Tomassi)
Post #: 7
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 3:56:46 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Or a Star Trek crossover.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 8
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:14:29 AM   
jcthefirst

My mates and I were discussing this last night, and trying to come up with better titles.

We settled on...Die Hard as Fuck.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:16:26 AM   
DazDaMan

Die Hard, Motherfucker!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 10
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:45:17 AM   
NCC1701A

Die Hard: Like Father LIke Son.

Really wish they would go back to the plot line of the first two movie and where it was just John McClane on his own taking on the baddies. The Die Hard films are fast becoming a family Reunion first his daughter now his son.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 11
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 10:15:02 AM   
Jodan_King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Or a Star Trek crossover.

make it so.

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 12
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 10:22:06 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I didn't have an issue with Die Hard 4. It wasn't as good as the first three but it was still an enjoyable action flick. Die Hard is a big deal for Willis. I don't think he'd make one of these half arsed. I reckon the new one will be good.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 13
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 12:55:00 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I didn't have an issue with Die Hard 4. It wasn't as good as the first three but it was still an enjoyable action flick. Die Hard is a big deal for Willis. I don't think he'd make one of these half arsed. I reckon the new one will be good.

Neither do I but he chose a writer with Wolverine on his CV and a director who nobody seems to like and everyone would agree is a hack. And the story, taking McClane global is all wrong....the only way that this entry could keep the Die Hard spirit (3 and especially 4 were pushing it....) is setting it on the plane taking him to Russia but terrorists on a plane is hardly a fresh idea is it?

I liked the idea of McClane in Vegas that got mentioned in the 'Alternate Universe Movies' thread, that was a damn cool idea for a Die Hard film.

Also I've said it before but it should be called Die Hard 5: Die Hardest

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 14
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 12:56:00 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Neither do I but he chose a writer with Wolverine on his CV and a director who nobody seems to like and everyone would agree is a hack. And the story, taking McClane global is all wrong....the only way that this entry could keep the Die Hard spirit (3 and especially 4 were pushing it....) is setting it on the plane taking him to Russia but terrorists on a plane is hardly a fresh idea is it?

I liked the idea of McClane in Vegas that got mentioned in the 'Alternate Universe Movies' thread, that was a damn cool idea for a Die Hard film.

Die Hard Trilogy 2 for the PlayStation was set in Vegas. And it was pretty good.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 15
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 1:25:39 PM   
jobloffski

Personally, (and I'm at least half serious) I'd genre jump and have it set on a space station at least ten years hence.

Why?

Cos I like the way the original had a restricted location; people trapped, in a situation by armed hoods led by a 'mastermind' who cared nothing for their lives, with a hero who had to sneak around using his personal resources to survive and who couldn't super hero his way into or out of anything, no showy martial arts bullshit. You CAN still replicate the underlying 'machinery' of the first film, but anything other than a seriously outlandish choice of location would offer nothing new for the eye.

There'd be a 'WTF' reaction of course, but the location would allow the basics of the scenario to be run through again, making a 'proper' Die Hard movie of one man versus many using then environment to it's best advantage.

Basically, I'm talking about making an 'Alien' type movie, in which the 'Alien proxy' (John McClane) has to sneak around, hide, and when the baddies least expect it, take em out, one by one. The stakes are upped by the slow pace at which help can arrive, McClane can have a 'Black sidekick' in Mission control hacking into the systems from earth to combat the baddies hacker on board. Essentially, Imagine Alien from the Alien's perspective, it's only trying to survive, and if it doesn't kill the humans, they are going to kill it. John McClane, in that position, with air being vented out of the sections he's in to try and drive him into a trap, etc, taking him closer to an ambush as he has to go to where the air is, and death is certain, until...

So, yes, WTF but Die Hard was essentially 'The Towering Inferno' with a twist, so what the hell, nick another movie and cross pollenate. None of the sequels have matched the original because the only way the scenario can really create any atmosphere at all is if one vulnerable human being can use the environment to hide in, with his presence unknown, learned about, causing tension for the bad guys, who are afraid that whoever killed their buddies will kill them. And you can never get that back, whatever you do, on earth.

High concept, plus the man who wont quit, and will suffer as much as he needs to suffer, to save the lives of the innocent. That's the original Die Hard, get that right, and Die Hard: Atmosphere (or whatever) would be a lot better than you may currently be thinking

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 14/10/2011 1:50:43 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 16
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 4:43:27 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Die Hard Trilogy 2 for the PlayStation was set in Vegas. And it was pretty good.

I never played the second one, but remember how awesome the first one was.

Die Hard - third person shooter.
Die Hard 2 - lightgun shooter.
Vengeance - driving sim.

I fricking loved that game. Of course, I always used the cheat to make the bodies float in the air after you'd killed them.

Anyway, another better title...Live and Let Die Hard.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 17
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 5:40:12 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Personally, (and I'm at least half serious) I'd genre jump and have it set on a space station at least ten years hence.

Why?

Cos I like the way the original had a restricted location; people trapped, in a situation by armed hoods led by a 'mastermind' who cared nothing for their lives, with a hero who had to sneak around using his personal resources to survive and who couldn't super hero his way into or out of anything, no showy martial arts bullshit. You CAN still replicate the underlying 'machinery' of the first film, but anything other than a seriously outlandish choice of location would offer nothing new for the eye.

There'd be a 'WTF' reaction of course, but the location would allow the basics of the scenario to be run through again, making a 'proper' Die Hard movie of one man versus many using then environment to it's best advantage.

Basically, I'm talking about making an 'Alien' type movie, in which the 'Alien proxy' (John McClane) has to sneak around, hide, and when the baddies least expect it, take em out, one by one. The stakes are upped by the slow pace at which help can arrive, McClane can have a 'Black sidekick' in Mission control hacking into the systems from earth to combat the baddies hacker on board. Essentially, Imagine Alien from the Alien's perspective, it's only trying to survive, and if it doesn't kill the humans, they are going to kill it. John McClane, in that position, with air being vented out of the sections he's in to try and drive him into a trap, etc, taking him closer to an ambush as he has to go to where the air is, and death is certain, until...

So, yes, WTF but Die Hard was essentially 'The Towering Inferno' with a twist, so what the hell, nick another movie and cross pollenate. None of the sequels have matched the original because the only way the scenario can really create any atmosphere at all is if one vulnerable human being can use the environment to hide in, with his presence unknown, learned about, causing tension for the bad guys, who are afraid that whoever killed their buddies will kill them. And you can never get that back, whatever you do, on earth.

High concept, plus the man who wont quit, and will suffer as much as he needs to suffer, to save the lives of the innocent. That's the original Die Hard, get that right, and Die Hard: Atmosphere (or whatever) would be a lot better than you may currently be thinking

Why not on a boat? You know like terrorists take a cruise ship off the coast of Somalia or something.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 18
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 6:25:58 PM   
jobloffski

More feasible than what I said, I guess.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 19
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 6:35:19 PM   
Spaldron

Although the whole 'terrorists on a boat' thing is basically Under Siege/Speed 2.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 20
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 6:53:25 PM   
DazDaMan

Which were also basically Die Hard on a boat....

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 21
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 8:06:01 PM   
jobloffski

McClane in space, it is then

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 22
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:11:59 PM   
DazDaMan

Spalders' idea for the Somalian pirates would be good, though. Topical, relevant, and would kick fucking ASS. McClane would take no shit whatsofuckingever!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 23
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:26:05 PM   
mackey

Oh Christ........Paul Walker is being linked with the role of McClane's son.

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 24
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 9:32:21 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Although the whole 'terrorists on a boat' thing is basically Under Siege/Speed 2.

I totally wouldn't mind a Die Hard/Willis remake of Under Siege, just as long as they keep Gary Busey and not stab a rubbish looking mannequin in the skull at the end...

That would be kinda weird since it was a Die Hard rip off in the first place, the whole thing would have come full circle

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 25
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 14/10/2011 10:06:51 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: mackey

Walker's OK, but he'd be too old to play John Jr.

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 26
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 15/10/2011 12:21:27 AM   
MonsterCat

Better Paul Walker than Sleepy LaBeef.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 27
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 16/10/2011 6:34:50 PM   
gazpop

John McClane in the desert. Iran. Nukes. Al Qaeda. Taliban. Doing a Rambo. Wrong man. Wrong place. Wrong time. With Arabs. And Persians. And goats. Topical. Plus, he gets to do what Obama can't. Kick crap out of Ahmadinejad. I think that'll work. But feel free to introduce aliens and Atlantis and shit.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28
RE: A Good Day To Die Hard.... - 16/10/2011 10:41:43 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mackey

Walker's OK, but he'd be too old to play John Jr.

He's defo too old!! Wasn't the son younger than the daughter, and Walker has at least five years on Winstead who played the daughter in 4.

In relation to alternate Die Hard plots i always thought crossing DH with Beverley Hills Cop 3 would've been awesome, with McClane taking his kids to a theme park which then gets taken over by terrorists (for some very, very strange reason)

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A Good Day To Die Hard.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI