Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Subscriptions!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> RE: Subscriptions!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 26/4/2013 11:32:06 AM   
Robsingh

Hi Guys,

We're nearly there, but unfortunately not quite yet, we have been testing the integration with print subs to ensure that subscribers are able to get instant access, and someone in our IT dept. accidentally updated the live.

The good news is that we really are close, and it could be as early as next Wednesday, just finishing off the testing.

We will send an email out to all of our print subscribers, explaining how to claim your 6 month free access to the digital edition of Empire as soon as we are live.

You will need your subscriber number to register; this is on the address label that comes with your print copy and on any correspondence that we may have sent you. So make sure you dig that out before we go live.

Rob

< Message edited by Robsingh -- 26/4/2013 1:56:40 PM >

Rob Singh
Empire Direct Marketing Manager

If you have a problem with your subscription call -
01858 438806 or email bauer@subscription.co.uk

(in reply to Janetyjanet)
Post #: 211
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 2/5/2013 11:03:53 AM   
Tosh

Just got my email - got the 6 month free trial. 1st thing I am going to do when I get home from work is to activate!

Thank you for finally getting this sorted, I know itís been a pain for you and us, your loyal subscribers.

(in reply to Robsingh)
Post #: 212
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 3/5/2013 9:31:44 AM   
Hawros

This is great news, and thanks for the perseverance.

I'm having trouble, however, 'creating' my account. In the app, when clicking on 'Sign In' and 'Create Account' the page fails to load.

Is this a universal problem? I've tried restarting/reinstalling etc.

Many thanks.

(in reply to Tosh)
Post #: 213
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 3/5/2013 9:38:18 AM   
Tosh

Getting the same Hawros, must be teething problems. I tired a few times since 6pm last night, so it shouldn't be load or concurrency issues.

so close but so far.........

(in reply to Hawros)
Post #: 214
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 5/5/2013 2:27:19 PM   
Megwump

I have been watching this thread for a loooong time, like many others and I just wanted to say how chuffed I am that it's now resolved. I signed up for my free digital editions really easily (once the adobe servers were back up!) and look forward to reading on my iPad. Thank you for all the had work, we can tell how frustrating it's been for you guys at Empire to resolve.

(in reply to Tosh)
Post #: 215
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 6/5/2013 8:57:07 AM   
deckard01

So just to get this right, 6 months are free. And for an additional 5£ we'll have a full year of the digital mag.?
That seems a good deal. Sounds good to me - thanks!

But what about the old issues? Do we have to pay 5,49Ä for each issue to get them - after we've been waiting this long that everything has been sorted out - I'll be willing to pay another 5Ä to get all the back-Issues, but not the full price.... That'll be almost a months payment... (Sort of)

Could you help us Print-subscribers out? Sorry for bickering and again THANKS for the 5£ Deal!

(in reply to Megwump)
Post #: 216
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 9/5/2013 3:56:58 AM   
apesapoppin

As a subscriber to the ipad version of the magazine how do you activate it so I will receive a paper copy?

(in reply to deckard01)
Post #: 217
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 10/5/2013 11:38:12 AM   
James Dyer

No, I'm afraid not. Apple doesn't share digital subscriber info with us. Your best bet (and the option I'd certainly recommend) is to cancel your iPad subscription so that it doesn't auto renew and when it elapses to subscribe to the print mag with the iPad bolt-on. Not ideal I know but it's the best we can offer, unfortunately.

< Message edited by James Dyer -- 13/5/2013 8:36:36 AM >

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"

(in reply to apesapoppin)
Post #: 218
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 11/5/2013 1:10:13 PM   
Cheexsta

Edit: never mind, I can't read!

< Message edited by Cheexsta -- 12/5/2013 3:08:38 AM >

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 219
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 13/5/2013 3:57:24 AM   
apesapoppin

Ah righto, not ideal but its what I will be doing. Thanks for the reply

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 220
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 1/6/2013 5:59:00 PM   
jlhmarson

All you ungrateful sods moaning because you can't get something for free!!!! I only subscribe to the iPad edition, I did this to support the future of the magazine in the digital world after reading the print edition for years. I pay roughly the same as you print subscribers but get nothing, nothing for free! I don't get the print edition for free and I don't even get a subscriber's gift as you print lot do! Stop moaning and choose a subscription, printed or digital, or pay extra for both!

(in reply to apesapoppin)
Post #: 221
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 3/6/2013 10:39:30 AM   
QuietLife

Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble signing up to the Bauer Great Magazines website? I click on "Sign-up" but only ever get a page stating "Unexpected Error has Occured" (they don't even spell occurred properly)!!

Thanks for any replies.

(in reply to jlhmarson)
Post #: 222
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 3/6/2013 2:27:04 PM   
QuietLife

Scrap that! It now appears to be working and I've just activated and am downloading the latest issue. Thanks Empire! We got there!!

(in reply to QuietLife)
Post #: 223
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 7/7/2013 9:00:01 PM   
pazza

Ok, so as a print subscriber for years, this is great news. However, I haven't received any email with details on how to enable this? I feel left out...:(

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

(in reply to QuietLife)
Post #: 224
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 7/7/2013 10:39:40 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Will we be notified when our six months free trial is up, or will it automatically cancel?

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to pazza)
Post #: 225
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 8/7/2013 10:31:33 AM   
Robsingh

Hey Pazza, that's what happens when you don't give us your email address when you subscribe...

Anyway here's the URL to sign up - www.greatmagazines.co.uk/digitaltrials you will need to do it ASAP as the 6 months free was a limited offer, and we are reducing it down to 3 months free sometime this week. You will need to sign up using your subscriber number, if you are struggling to find it call 01858 438806 and they may be able to help you locate it, but the process must be completed online.

doubtlesswonder - this is a completely free trial, we will send you a few emails towards the end to encourage you to upgrade to a print and digital package, which is just £5 for a year's access to the digital edition while you are a print subscriber.

Hope this helps!
Rob

Rob Singh
Empire Direct Marketing Manager

If you have a problem with your subscription call -
01858 438806 or email bauer@subscription.co.uk

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 226
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 24/7/2013 10:21:45 PM   
jdslater

So, i've done the app download and signed in.
I know its early days and you are still working onit but in regards to the free issues. I see issue 290 has "download" on it but issue 291 has the price on it. Nothing about free download.

Also, where do I sign up for the £5 sub. I'm a long time print subscriber.

"Sit down, dim your lights. Or turn them off if you don't have a dimmer."

"Who drive car? Bear drive car!"

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 227
RE: Subscriptions!!! - 25/7/2013 9:08:24 PM   
James Dyer

Sounds like you've not bought the newer one. Did you buy an Apple subscription or a single issue? Or have you used your print subscriber details? TO upgrade to the £5 dual sub you need to call our subs line or register online here:http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/custompage.asp?customid=795

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"

(in reply to jdslater)
Post #: 228
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> RE: Subscriptions!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI