Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I'M IN!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: I'M IN!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I'M IN!!! - 11/10/2011 6:44:46 PM   
furrybastard

Will be good to see what Whedon does with these characters. If nothing else, I expect some sparkling exhanges of dialogue!

I do think Whedon's involvement is the most interesting thing about this film. For all peoples' (sometimes valid) complaints about 'superhero' films, Marvel are probably the most daring movie studio out there, picking directors like Whedon, Branagh and Shane Black for their films. And apparently Patty Jenkins (director of Monster, which I hated personally but more because of the script than the direction) is up for Thor 2, and Edgar Wright for Ant-Man!  These are mainstream action-fantasy films and that's what they're trying to deliver. Most of the time, they're succeeding.

Hell, how about Duncan Jones on Silver Surfer!?

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 31
RE: I'M IN!!! - 11/10/2011 7:04:23 PM   
st3veebee

-Crap music

-Very transformer-y (tune at beginning and city destruction)

-Bad guy looks rubbish

-Too many characters

Its going to be average...hopefully fun at least.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 32
In Whedon We Trust. - 11/10/2011 7:09:24 PM   
kisswithatear

I was worried that the threat would not be large enough, how wrong was I!? Look at all those ominous explosions and deep scary talk from Loki! ... I don't know if I'm being sarcastic in typeface but I just can't imagine Thor's petulant brother causing the end of the Earth (New York... same thing...) and creating the big bad that needs to be "avenged". More footage please... All the same, if anyone can make a petulant brother a problem its Whedon. In fact any relationship problems coupled with action scenes is pretty much his game... In Whedon We Trust.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
RE: In Whedon We Trust. - 11/10/2011 7:43:20 PM   
Biggus

I don't really get all the skepticism around Loki. Anyone who's seen Thor can vouch that Tom Hiddleston's performance is arguably one of the best to feature in the recent crop of Marvel adaptations and the character poses more than a credible threat to the heroes.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to kisswithatear)
Post #: 34
Still can't wait. - 11/10/2011 7:58:34 PM   
kickpuncher

Valid points made about Loki, etc - but the point of Loki was never that he was a huge physical threat, more that he he was a planner, an intellectual danger. Also, I'm a big fan of the scenes of the characters interacting, and I just think seeing Cap and Thor stood next to each other is damn cool. Also, ScarJo looks kinda okay in the catsuit. I guess. Maybe. Sorta. A bit.

Post #: 35
I genuinely don't know why... - 11/10/2011 8:14:43 PM   
bronco3114

...but I've just gotten a full erection! Honestly don't think I've looked forward to a film as much since The Matrix Reloaded. Hope it fairs a bit better than that

Post #: 36
RE: Good Lord. - 11/10/2011 8:23:59 PM   
bronco3114

quote:

ORIGINAL: rishi851

I am sick...sick of these superhero movies. They are redundant and stupid. What is worse is that they are usually categorized in the science fiction genre. This is not sci-fi. Sci-fi is thought provoking. 2001, Blade Runner and Solyaris are science fiction. Monkeys in suits are not.
and I've always wondered....
correct me if I am wrong but haven't these comics existed for a long time? As in since the 1930s and 40s?
So why is it that it is only now that we get bombarded with a Superhero film every other month? I know Superman was made in 1978 but the next one took some time to come. Nowadays you have a sequel/reboot/mash up coming out every year. This is the reason people have no attention span lately and artistic integrity and passion has given way to obsession with money and ineptitude.

Here's an idea, if you're sick of them don't go and watch them & certainly don't waste your time commenting on a thread by people who aren't ...I don't like rom-coms and that's why you won't find me buying a ticket for or commenting on a thread for Sarah Jessica Parker's next monstrosity. 'Superheros' aren't a genre, each is unique and have been made to varying degrees of success. What most would agree on is that the Avengers (irrespective of how good this film turns out to be and varying critisims of the stand alone films) has been thoroughly and planned and though out and more than most has been loyal to the tone and background of the source material.

(in reply to rishi851)
Post #: 37
THE AVENGERS TRAILER - 11/10/2011 8:38:27 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Well, that was alright. Nothing special. When the trailers for EX II and especially PROMETHEUS go online, this will be forgotten about. uhh... exactly what were we discussing again...?

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 11/10/2011 8:39:06 PM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to bronco3114)
Post #: 38
RE: THE AVENGERS TRAILER - 11/10/2011 8:54:37 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Well, that was alright. Nothing special. When the trailers for EX II and especially PROMETHEUS go online, this will be forgotten about. uhh... exactly what were we discussing again...?

I don't particularly care about either of them to be honest, but I doubt that very much.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 39
I'll say this once - 11/10/2011 9:23:21 PM   
MusicLovesYou

If you read the comics, as I do and have done for many years now (inc. various other Marvel titles), this trailer has most likely made you hugely excited. It certainly has me. I even did a little dance. I'm not proud of it, but occasionally my enthusiasm gets the better of me. If you don't read the comics, and furthermore are posting negatively about what you've seen here today, please just piss off, I can't be doing with you (Silvertouch and rishi851, I'm talking about you and your ilk). Go and find a story / trailer where you can post positively as it's something you like and I promise you I will go absolutely nowhere near it and we can live in harmony. Deal?

Post #: 40
RE: I'll say this once - 11/10/2011 9:56:18 PM   
Harley Quinn

Am a massive Superhero fan girl and Joss Whedon fan girl so am super excited about. This and Batman are the two films I'm most excited about next year.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to MusicLovesYou)
Post #: 41
Jeez - 11/10/2011 10:16:10 PM   
spideed2

This is a teaser! Loki is the main bad guy but he's supported by others, not shown on on the trailer.
Looks good to me so far anyway.

Post #: 42
RE: THE AVENGERS TRAILER - 11/10/2011 10:31:06 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I don't particularly care about either of them to be honest, but I doubt that very much.

Agreed.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 43
RE: - 11/10/2011 10:31:39 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: sephiroth7

In Joss we trust.

This.

(in reply to sephiroth7)
Post #: 44
RE: I'll say this once - 11/10/2011 11:03:01 PM   
hatebox

quote:

ORIGINAL: MusicLovesYou

If you read the comics, as I do and have done for many years now (inc. various other Marvel titles), this trailer has most likely made you hugely excited. It certainly has me. I even did a little dance. I'm not proud of it, but occasionally my enthusiasm gets the better of me. If you don't read the comics, and furthermore are posting negatively about what you've seen here today, please just piss off, I can't be doing with you (Silvertouch and rishi851, I'm talking about you and your ilk). Go and find a story / trailer where you can post positively as it's something you like and I promise you I will go absolutely nowhere near it and we can live in harmony. Deal?

Sorry, no deal. This is not an appreciation/worship thread.

(in reply to MusicLovesYou)
Post #: 45
RE: Good Lord. - 11/10/2011 11:51:41 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: bronco3114

quote:

I am sick...sick of these superhero movies. They are redundant and stupid. What is worse is that they are usually categorized in the science fiction genre. This is not sci-fi. Sci-fi is thought provoking. 2001, Blade Runner and Solyaris are science fiction. Monkeys in suits are not.
correct me if I am wrong but haven't these comics existed for a long time? As in since the 1930s and 40s?
So why is it that it is only now that we get bombarded with a Superhero film every other month? I know Superman was made in 1978 but the next one took some time to come. Nowadays you have a sequel/reboot/mash up coming out every year. This is the reason people have no attention span lately and artistic integrity and passion has given way to obsession with money and ineptitude.

Here's an idea, if you're sick of them don't go and watch them & certainly don't waste your time commenting on a thread by people who aren't ...I don't like rom-coms and that's why you won't find me buying a ticket for or commenting on a thread for Sarah Jessica Parker's next monstrosity. 'Superheros' aren't a genre, each is unique and have been made to varying degrees of success. What most would agree on is that the Avengers (irrespective of how good this film turns out to be and varying critisims of the stand alone films) has been thoroughly and planned and though out and more than most has been loyal to the tone and background of the source material.

Someone else can say "this" but I strongly agree with bronco3114 here, looks like you bronco busted someone!

Does anyone else feel a little sorry for Captain America in that scene where Tony Stark puts him down with that 'genius' remark? Don't get me wrong, it's quite a funny line. But it's as though he still looks distraught over losing Peggy and you can see it in his face. I hope he has a sharp barb for Stark, it'll be interesting to see the two of them competing with one another but coming to respect each other. I also hope Thor takes a leadership role somewhere. He's a Norse god and therefore has a lot of authority. Who's going to boss him around?!

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 12/10/2011 12:41:06 AM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to bronco3114)
Post #: 46
Phwoaar! - 12/10/2011 1:38:54 AM   
badsanta

Does anybody know if Scarlett Johansson is playing Cathy Gale, or Emma Peel. Judging by the picture it could be either.

Post #: 47
RE: Phwoaar! - 12/10/2011 8:54:25 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: badsanta

Does anybody know if Scarlett Johansson is playing Cathy Gale, or Emma Peel. Judging by the picture it could be either.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 48
FULL ON GEEK FREAK OUT!!! - 12/10/2011 9:19:32 AM   
willy2fly

So cant wait for this movie! The banter between Cap and Iron Man was quality!

For those rubbishing the film before its even out, go watch your Uwe Bolle DVDs.

Post #: 49
Rishi851....things that make you go "hmmmm" - 12/10/2011 9:32:52 AM   
excelsior

"I am sick...sick of these superhero movies. They are redundant and stupid. What is worse is that they are usually categorized in the science fiction genre. This is not sci-fi. Sci-fi is thought provoking. 2001, Blade Runner and Solyaris are science fiction. Monkeys in suits are not. and I've always wondered.... correct me if I am wrong but haven't these comics existed for a long time? As in since the 1930s and 40s? So why is it that it is only now that we get bombarded with a Superhero film" Two things: How old are you? The current cycle of comic book wonderfulness was brought about in a direct response to "9/11". Hollywood needed an action staple diet and, with terrorists, bombs and destruction off the menu, superheroes (mainly Marvel, thank God) filled the void and made everyone concerned Billions of dollars. They are most assuredly Science Fiction in it's purest sense. Bladerunner, BTW, is heavily comic influenced (French magazine Metal Hurlant and artist Moebius) as any student of the film knows. And secondly...it's "Solaris" not "Solyaris"...muppet!

Post #: 50
errrr - 12/10/2011 9:39:24 AM   
jameshrave

I like Robert Downey Jr and Thor's laugh. I think I need to see more to get excited....

Post #: 51
RE: Phwoaar! - 12/10/2011 9:41:58 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

Not really bothered which so long as it's better than the Connery version.

Looking pretty sweet. I'm guessing each character will get their "hero" moment so wonder if their various themes will be used. Would love it if Cap's tune gets an airing.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 52
OH YEAH!!!!:-) - 12/10/2011 9:48:12 AM   
Gaschau

Can't wait for THIS!!!:-)

Post #: 53
RE: Phwoaar! - 12/10/2011 9:52:01 AM   
Greygor

quote:

Or indeed it could be Natalia Romanova (Natasha Romanoff) whose costume is normally tight and black.

But yes it is a well used costume used in many different films and TV series.

(in reply to badsanta)
Post #: 54
RE: Phwoaar! - 12/10/2011 9:59:24 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greygor

quote:

Or indeed it could be Natalia Romanova (Natasha Romanoff) whose costume is normally tight and black.

But yes it is a well used costume used in many different films and TV series.

^
aah bless

(in reply to Greygor)
Post #: 55
RE: Good Lord. - 12/10/2011 10:15:45 AM   
Greygor

quote:

SF is sometimes thought provoking, but not always. 2001, Bladerunner and Solaris are science fiction, but so is Planet of the Apes, Transformers, Battle Beyond the Stars and so on.

Science Fiction is a house with many rooms and superheroes are in one of those rooms.

As to the "glut" of films I think it just feels like that because there is more than one player in the field now as opposed to when WB first did Superman and Batman back in the 80's.

Taken individually, say Marvel Productions, they've released 5 films in 4 years leading up to this one next year.

Warner Bros have done 3 in 6 years

But then you add Sony and Fox into the picture and the number of films seem much more even before you add other independents into the picture. They all want a piece of the pie. And yes some of the entries have been less than wonderful but that's the fault of the filmmakers not the genre itself.

(in reply to rishi851)
Post #: 56
Excited - 12/10/2011 10:17:27 AM   
TOPOI

This looks slick - but most impressed with how the hulk looks to be turning out. It actually captures Ruffalo's character in his face and promises decent rage realism. I think this will be his best incarnation.

Post #: 57
RE: Some assembly required... - 12/10/2011 10:31:40 AM   
excelsior

And so, finally, DC and Marvel will duke it out over the Summer on a level playing field. Should be interesting. Nolan vs Whedon, Avengers vs Batman, DC vs Marvel...outstanding!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 58
I jus jizzed in my pants - 12/10/2011 10:38:42 AM   
Workshed

This looks retty huge. Hope the film lives up to the teaser!

Post #: 59
RE: I'M IN!!! - 12/10/2011 11:13:38 AM   
jmebaby25

Looks surprisingly good. The cast is great and having a talented director on board means it's shaping up well and avoiding the mistakes of Captain America and Iron Man 2. Only part I didn't like was the silly and nonsensical "avenge" line.

Also - excellent choice having Loki as the villain. I only recently saw Thor when it came out on Blu-Ray and the relationship between Odin, Loki and Thor was brilliantly handled. Finally a three dimensional superhero villain (which means we don't need to see the film in 3D hehe). Loki is a great character, cold yet sympathetic. Will be interesting to see how Thor deals with it.

All in all, looking very good.

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: I'M IN!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI