Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Judge Dredd Director Denies Firing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Judge Dredd Director Denies Firing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Judge Dredd Director Denies Firing - 11/10/2011 10:01:30 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Huh?!?! - 11/10/2011 10:01:30 AM   
tallaght24

NEXT SEPTEMBER?!?! Are they fucking winding us up?!?! I love Judge Dredd, have done since I was a nipper, so I was really looking forward to this. Next September is bleeding miles away though! Not cool.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 11/10/2011 10:10:44 AM   
Goaty

"The news was leapt upon with glee by the fanboys who are perversely desparate for the film to fail"

That was Scojo handwork! HE is not voice of 2000AD fans!

Post #: 3
- 11/10/2011 10:21:48 AM   
Goaty

"The news was leapt upon with glee by the fanboys who are perversely desparate for the film to fail"

That was Scojo handwork! HE is not voice of 2000AD fans!

Post #: 4
RE: - 11/10/2011 10:26:44 AM   
Jamess

As said by Goaty, the Dredd fandom in general is hoping against hope this iteration of the character on film is going to be a big success. There is one very prolific internet poster (banned numerous times from the official Dredd forum) who will post his rambling hatred for the film anywhere and everywhere, often with multiple accounts to agree with himself. He is a loon but easy to spot when you recognise the pattern.

(in reply to Goaty)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 11/10/2011 11:26:16 AM   
dreddhead123

The interesting thing is Garland's screenplay was leaked. If the producers didn't want that, that would mean there's a mole inside the production. I think it's reasonable to assume the mole contacted the LA Times and claimed there's a big rift between Travis and the producers. If the LA Times has the name of the source the mole can be revealed and he/she should explain their actions. Without any footage out there, such as a teaser trailer, it's impossible to dismiss the original LA Times story. We can't judge the footage to see if it's awful or not.

The wording "“unorthodox collaboration” sounds a bit odd. This suggests Travis and Garland don't share the same vision. People can read between the lines and make up their own minds.

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 11/10/2011 11:39:19 AM >

(in reply to Jamess)
Post #: 6
RE: - 11/10/2011 2:05:16 PM   
Goaty

Dreddhead123 below, is Scojo!

< Message edited by Goaty -- 11/10/2011 2:06:28 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 11/10/2011 2:12:24 PM   
dreddhead123

He is? I mean, I am?

Well strike me down with a feather. I never knew that.

(in reply to Goaty)
Post #: 8
I AM Dredd Fan - 11/10/2011 2:39:55 PM   
nybras

And I don't want this to fail, no-one, not one should speak on-behalf of the film. Until all can see a trailer 1 and trailer 2 perhaps and much too early to speculate on how good or bad the production is.

Post #: 9
RE: I AM Dredd Fan - 11/10/2011 4:29:31 PM   
furrybastard

I think the general concensus from JD fans (just have a brief look on the official 2000AD forums) is that they really want the film to succeed and show a huge audience just how great a character Dredd is. That 1995 film hurt a lot of people's feelings   I don't think anyone wants it to fail, except for that one nutter mentioned above!  Apparently he thought they should have chosen his screenplay over the guy who did 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Never Let Me Go etc... ah, the internet.

(in reply to nybras)
Post #: 10
RE: I AM Dredd Fan - 11/10/2011 10:16:14 PM   
dreddhead123

"Apparently he thought they should have chosen his screenplay over the guy who did 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Never Let Me Go etc... ah, the internet."

Well I'm happy to put it to the test. If anyone can name a good site where you can host screenplays, tell me. I'll host the two screenplays I wrote and people can read them.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 11
Another Dredd fan - 11/10/2011 10:27:35 PM   
dreddhead

I've been a Dredd fan since Prog 1 and I can safely say that I can't wait to see the finished film.

I loved the exclusive shots in Empire a few months back and based upon those and from reading the leaked script, the film looks to be in safe hands-so balls to all the haters!

Oh and Dreddhead123 how's your script for Scott Nestle Pet Molester coming along?

Post #: 12
RE: Another Dredd fan - 11/10/2011 10:29:51 PM   
dreddhead123

How's your attempt at humour coming along?

Not too well I see. Keep at it. You may get there in the end.

I think the admin people at Empire should delete this thread or lock it.

(in reply to dreddhead)
Post #: 13
RE: Another Dredd fan - 11/10/2011 11:32:25 PM   
Spaldron

There are far too many 'dreddhead's' on here and I don't know which one is the famous troll and which one isn't. Unless they're both the same of course.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 14
RE: Another Dredd fan - 11/10/2011 11:39:38 PM   
Rgirvan44

By the sounds of it these Dredds....are losing their heads!

Whats the deal guys? Some gossip from another website?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 15
RE: I AM Dredd Fan - 11/10/2011 11:50:06 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreddhead123

"Apparently he thought they should have chosen his screenplay over the guy who did 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Never Let Me Go etc... ah, the internet."

Well I'm happy to put it to the test. If anyone can name a good site where you can host screenplays, tell me. I'll host the two screenplays I wrote and people can read them.

Well sorry, I didn't realize it was actually you!  You did deny being the guy a few posts up.

It's a pointless argument anyway. Garland has successful past films and a reputation and, as a producer, has power to get the film made and get funding, cast, crew and everything else you need together. They'd been trying to get another JD film made for years and it wasn't happening until Garland came along. I say fair play to him and I, for one, hope the film is as great as the character deserves. Garland's past screenplays give me the confidence that he can do achieve this.

Or at least good enough that it vanqushes the memory of that 1995 monstrosity

Post #: 16
RE: Another Dredd fan - 13/10/2011 12:22:57 AM   
dreddhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreddhead123

How's your attempt at humour coming along?

Not too well I see. Keep at it. You may get there in the end.

I think the admin people at Empire should delete this thread or lock it.

Well if you can't stand the heat you better stay out of the kitchen!

You're the worse kind of individual. You don't mind dishing out petty insults but you can't take them.

And yeah lock the thread! If it means we're spared any more of your trolling and irrational ramblings, then I'm all for it.

Post #: 17
RE: Another Dredd fan - 13/10/2011 11:34:49 AM   
shool

Back on topic people and quit petty insulting each other from arguments on other boards if you want to be able to continue posting here.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to dreddhead)
Post #: 18
RE: Judge Dredd Director Denies Firing - 13/10/2011 11:50:34 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I am actually quite interested in seeing how the new 'DREDD' film tuns out. Even though I worship at the Altar of Sly, the 1995 version was a bit poor as a faithful adaptation. I hope the new one remains true to the 2000AD-vibe.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

Post #: 19
May All John Wagner's Baths Be Filled With Hundred Doll... - 15/10/2011 10:25:07 AM   
sauchieboy

I want the new Dredd film to make a shitload of cash so John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra can finally see a decent return from their fantastic body of work and to ensure the survival of the Dredd strip's hilarious characters, original ideas and  unique world that's still full of possibilities.

However, DNA's reductive approach (or, as Garland terms it, "focused, knuckled-down, visceral and simple") to Dredd (2012) doesn't seem to leave much possibility that moronic alien bounty hunters, messianic droid insurrectionists or the miracle plastic Boing (TM) will be cropping up in any potential sequels either.

Judging by recent events, at least one person involved with the film seems to think there's something important missing from their approach too.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 20
Oh dear... - 25/10/2011 9:58:54 PM   
dgribble

I had faith here, (given the last adaptation the only way was up right?), now...a typical who am I kidding, it's gonna fail. Let's just get the disapointment over and take solice that it's better than the Sly version....

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Judge Dredd Director Denies Firing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI