Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:54:07 AM   
DancingClown

What's with the killjoys? Thread's just a bit of spooky, seasonal fun, innit? I don't particularly believe in the supernatural but I love a good ghost story.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 181
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 10:08:20 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

What's with the killjoys? Thread's just a bit of spooky, seasonal fun, innit? I don't particularly believe in the supernatural but I love a good ghost story.

Hey, I love a good ghost story as much as the next person!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 182
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 10:12:20 AM   
DancingClown

I'm in a bad mood. Got bummed by a ghost last night. Or maybe it was trying to possess me...

Either way it was uncomfortable.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 183
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 11:10:33 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Seriously, crapping pants and missing sleep? You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas. For shame.

Go on - give us your creepy tales/stories/pictures and videos?

Hmmm, let me think. Nothing, absolutely nothing at all. I'm open minded but most of the things here are faked, and as such are not scary. And if ghosts did exist I see no reason to be alarmed, afraid or freaked out by them. What are they going to do, bang my door to such an extent that I'm slightly annoyed?

See, for me, if something's real or not has no bearing on whether I find it scary.
I don't believe in the paranormal in the slightest and there's virtually nothing in this thread that's remotely true but a good creepy yarn/photo/video can still put the shits up me.
I mean, I know David Naughton didn't really get bitten by a monster on the Yorkshire moors but I still can't watch it alone.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 184
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 12:15:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 185
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 12:40:45 PM   
JIm R

Saw the ghost of a monk in Frome in Somerset once, that was frickkin scary.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 186
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 12:44:19 PM   
DazDaMan

I did one of the Edinburgh Ghost Walks a few years back. It was fun, but kind of predictable once we ended up in one of the graveyards (I think it was Greyfriars, but I might be wrong) at the end of the walk.

Well worth a few laughs, though.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 187
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:30:32 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Ninjashortbread, I've had similar occurrences, I get woken by knocking noises, I did a bit of research into it and i think it's a mild form of night terrors, my symptoms are being woken by the knocking, but only being part awake and unable to move. I personally believe it's a stress thing and completely psychological...I bloody hope so anyway.

Unfortunately I sometimes get them when I'm 100% conscious. I think it just comes down to each individual being more or less sensitive to the Paranormal than others. Trust me I'd give anything to have never experienced what I've wrote down up thread. I actually bought Healing Crystals a few months ago, which are meant to be good at protecting you, unfortunately they can also be what is known as a "Gateway" to other levels/ worlds and I started hearing mild chanting at night. I reacted well to them in general though and found them to be extremely beneficial.

Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic here but I have a bit of experience and also I've done some research on what I've expressed an opinion on.
At the end of the day you will always have a sceptic and a believer and you've just got to follow your gut really, intuition is your bodies natural protector and if you feel or are experiencing something which just doesn't add up and can't be explained away then who's to write it off? I also wanted to say that when my sister died I got her fragrance (which was the last smell I associated her with) and it was of the Marie Currie Hospice, very clean and recognisable. I would get it in the air every now and again. One time however, I was visiting her grave and it was a dark, wet and cold night and I swear to you the fragrance rose up from the grave as if in acknowledgement of my visit. It's always a beautiful experience (never, ever frightening) and I always acknowledge them for it, as you're meant to do that. My wee dog was sadly put down in July and I get the exact same albeit a different fragrance but experience with him. A lot of people experience this and I swear it is them telling you they're close to you, nothing could make me doubt it.

Ninja, please accept I wasn't dismissing your experiences or your belief system.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 188
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:34:10 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

I did one of the Edinburgh Ghost Walks a few years back. It was fun, but kind of predictable once we ended up in one of the graveyards (I think it was Greyfriars, but I might be wrong) at the end of the walk.

Well worth a few laughs, though.

My mates and I done one of those in the dungeons of Edinburgh. Picture the scene, 4 semi pissed blokes having a laugh and a carry on at the start to all pushing and shoving to get through a door near the end so we weren't last in the room.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 189
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:57:34 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I'm going out with Haley Joel Osment ^

I think with that comment she'll be looking at another dead person.

I hope this video is applicable to the thread. Someone's already mentioned "Most Haunted", so here's one that I find quite creepy:

Woodchester Mansion (click)

Fast-forward to 3:36.

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak
Unfortunately I sometimes get them when I'm 100% conscious. I think it just comes down to each individual being more or less sensitive to the Paranormal than others. Trust me I'd give anything to have never experienced what I've wrote down up thread. I actually bought Healing Crystals a few months ago, which are meant to be good at protecting you, unfortunately they can also be what is known as a "Gateway" to other levels/ worlds and I started hearing mild chanting at night. I reacted well to them in general though and found them to be extremely beneficial. .

I've had times over the past year where I've suddenly woken up and I think I can see a spider or 'something' coming towards me. Usually descending from the ceiling. Then I'll snap out of it and I gather myself. It's probably some latent dream effect?

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 12/10/2011 2:00:19 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 190
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:08:47 PM   
Toby Monroe

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 191
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:09:14 PM   
sharkboy

Or sleep paralysis?  (see earlier post by me!)

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 192
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:14:38 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King
I've had times over the past year where I've suddenly woken up and I think I can see a spider or 'something' coming towards me. Usually descending from the ceiling. Then I'll snap out of it and I gather myself. It's probably some latent dream effect?

According to statistics, we are likely to swallow over a million* spiders every night , so the chances are its a real one your about to eat

*may be slightly exagerated

Post #: 193
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:14:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

Some random fun videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZG-mZOIL48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oibwY7vlqg

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 194
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:21:37 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

According to statistics, we are likely to swallow over a million* spiders every night , so the chances are its a real one your about to eat

If it's good enough for Shaun Ryder...
Speaking of which, sod Ghostwatch and White Noise - the greatest spooky vid on the net is clearly Ghosthunting With The Happy Mondays.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 195
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:32:45 PM   
matty_b

I had the pleasure of subtitling that for work.

It was a) bloody hard work considering how slurred Shaun and Bez's speech is; and b) the funniest thing I've ever seen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 196
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:33:13 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

I think this belongs in the "this is me" thread mate.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 197
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:48:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

http://www.youtube.com/user/14oct2011?x=2&v=TKS1LPQ6D2Y&feature=pyv&ad=9460638782&kw=brink%20youtube

Click the link. Trust me.

Post #: 198
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:53:43 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

*may be slightly exagerated

As a service to arachnophobes everywhere, permit me to allay your concerns.  The tale that you swallow 8 spiders a year in your sleep is, well, entirely bobbins.  It was made up in 1993 by a journalist in an attempt to see how easy it was to propogate BS on the internet.  Very easy as it turned out!

WWLD?

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 199
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:56:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

This guy is getting his quota filled up quickly.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 200
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 2:56:55 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Or sleep paralysis?  (see earlier post by me!)

Sleep paralysis is one of the most terrifying and confusing things I have ever encountered. And I've seen Bride Wars.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 201
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:03:44 PM   
Scott_

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/14oct2011?x=2&v=TKS1LPQ6D2Y&feature=pyv&ad=9460638782&kw=brink%20youtube

Click the link. Trust me.

Awesome.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 202
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:06:23 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

That explains the webbed feet.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 203
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:09:03 PM   
Rgirvan44

Sweet dreams folks!

Post #: 204
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:11:52 PM   
steffols

quote:

Thats so fake.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 205
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:17:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

Thats so fake.

Yes, in retrospect it does look shoddy.

Here you go

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 206
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:18:20 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Sweet dreams folks!

Strange, I see more than three hands on the clock..

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 207
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:19:27 PM   
jcthefirst

Vom.

I remember watching Fear Factor a while back (on Challenge TV or something similar) and the task was to keep a massive live spider in your mouth for about a minute. Four of it's legs were poking through the poor girls lips.

I repeat, vom.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 208
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:27:09 PM   
Rebenectomy

Once there was this man who read a story on the internet about a cyber spectre that drains your soul from you by feeding off the information you type into search engines,online shopping sites, the Empire forum etc. Then BAM!!! Five years later, coronary embolism. True story that.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 12/10/2011 3:52:29 PM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 209
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:33:27 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Once there was this man who read a story on the internet about a cyber spectre that drains your soul from you by feeding off the information you type into search engines,online shopping sites, the Empire forum etc. Then BAM!!! Five years later, coronary embolism. True story that.

Logging off now. Goodbye forever, internets.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 12/10/2011 3:52:53 PM >

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI