Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:03:44 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas.

I love that you're a mod.

Do spooky stories fall into the same class as horror films for you?

Pretty much, and like the horror genre I appreciate the work that goes into making these things, and some are very well done. But no, not scary, though like any human being I was born with an inherited reaction to loud noises, so clever music and sound mixing can still cause me to jump once in a while.

Edit: Girv, I have read the thread, see my reasoning ^here^.

It twas a joke. Thus my sticking my tounge out at you in a childish manner.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 151
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:04:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

though like any human being I was born with an inherited reaction to loud noises, so clever music and sound mixing can still cause me to jump once in a while.

Iron Man scared you too?

Can you please explain the Iron Man thing?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 152
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:06:37 PM   
Rebenectomy

ET was worse

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 153
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:07:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

Hey guys - remember White Noise

Well here is some "real" ones. Voices from beyond, or Radio 1 getting picked up accidentially?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiY1JfVhixs

Edited to add - here is another one  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvGoNHgciM

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 11/10/2011 11:09:55 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 154
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:09:14 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

though like any human being I was born with an inherited reaction to loud noises, so clever music and sound mixing can still cause me to jump once in a while.

Iron Man scared you too?

Can you please explain the Iron Man thing?

PA was scared by it and was then foolish enough to admit it on the forum. I've run the joke into the ground ever since.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 155
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:10:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

Pigeon Army was scared by Iron Man?

How old is he? Three?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 156
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:14:56 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

I've had a lot of paranormal experiences and would be able to develop it if desired. However when you are psychically attacked and receive Premonitions, "Phantom" phone calls and the door ringing, knocks and footsteps amongst the other joyous festivities that being "sensitive" entails, it's a whole different ball game people.

I can't keep off this thread though... even though I end up regretting it!

Interesting. What have you experienced?

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 157
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:18:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

I feel like I am this guy - do you all remember Strange, But True? Used to be on Friday nights.Was awesome during the winter months.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 158
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:22:23 PM   
steffols

I think I do remember that. I think it was an episode of that that my friend and I watched once when we were told not to. It terrified me.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 159
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:33:01 PM   
Rgirvan44

I believe it would be this episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6LbNFYijQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ii3X4SBY7U&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWE4pKEscKA&feature=related

The Enfield Poltergiest is one of the most famous cases. It is what the BBC based Ghostwatch on. The above episodes lay out there story.

Here are investigators talking to the ghost -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWgImgIRic&feature=related

And here is the famous picture

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 160
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:33:36 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

I've had a lot of paranormal experiences and would be able to develop it if desired. However when you are psychically attacked and receive Premonitions, "Phantom" phone calls and the door ringing, knocks and footsteps amongst the other joyous festivities that being "sensitive" entails, it's a whole different ball game people.

I can't keep off this thread though... even though I end up regretting it!

Interesting. What have you experienced?

Where to begin! Well the most memorable experiences have been in that whenever a tragedy was about to take place (ie; a death or an accident), I would receive three knocks... I once had them right in bloody front of me on the coffee table when I was aged about 11 and I was so truly sick and tired of them at that point that I hid behind the sofa and cried.
At 13 I was in my bed and was just about to go to sleep when I was thumped extremely hard on my leg, at the same time there was a massive thud/ stamp in the middle of my bedroom floor which the whole household heard! That old saying that you're too scared to move/ scream etc. Really rung true here as I actually stayed statue still and petrified until I eventually nodded off. From that day I still sleep with the light on, there is no earthly way I will sleep in the dark and that's probably what contributes to my insomniac ways these days.
I get Premonitions too but I haven't had one in awhile, I even predicted my niece's death (which was a bit distressing!) as it happened within a couple of days of that dream. Also I get plenty of what is known as "Phantom" phone calls/ door bell rings, where you actually do hear them ring but it sounds noticeably on a different level, because you're between sleep and awake, ie; the concious and the unconscious.
Apparently if you answer either you're meant to receive a message....

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 11/10/2011 11:34:10 PM >

Art

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 161
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:53:44 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

The Enfield Poltergiest is one of the most famous cases. It is what the BBC based Ghostwatch on. The above episodes lay out there story.

That whole thing was a massive fraud.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 162
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:56:43 PM   
Rgirvan44

SPALDROOOOOON!!!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 163
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:58:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

And anyways- the case gave the world Ghostwatch and for that I am grateful. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 164
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 12:02:35 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

And anyways- the case gave the world Ghostwatch and for that I am grateful. 

Yes, Ghostwatch was the shit. I totally fell for that when it was on.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 165
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:02:51 AM   
chewbacasnapsak

We had really cool English teacher when I was about 13 and for an assignment at Halloween we had write a ghost story and he played us the recorded interviews of the Enfield Poltergeist for inspiration. It scared the bejesus out of me.

Ninjashortbread, I've had similar occurrences, I get woken by knocking noises, I did a bit of research into it and i think it's a mild form of night terrors, my symptoms are being woken by the knocking, but only being part awake and unable to move. I personally believe it's a stress thing and completely psychological...I bloody hope so anyway.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 166
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:20:08 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Ninjashortbread, I've had similar occurrences, I get woken by knocking noises, I did a bit of research into it and i think it's a mild form of night terrors, my symptoms are being woken by the knocking, but only being part awake and unable to move. I personally believe it's a stress thing and completely psychological...I bloody hope so anyway.

Unfortunately I sometimes get them when I'm 100% conscious. I think it just comes down to each individual being more or less sensitive to the Paranormal than others. Trust me I'd give anything to have never experienced what I've wrote down up thread. I actually bought Healing Crystals a few months ago, which are meant to be good at protecting you, unfortunately they can also be what is known as a "Gateway" to other levels/ worlds and I started hearing mild chanting at night. I reacted well to them in general though and found them to be extremely beneficial.

Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic here but I have a bit of experience and also I've done some research on what I've expressed an opinion on.
At the end of the day you will always have a sceptic and a believer and you've just got to follow your gut really, intuition is your bodies natural protector and if you feel or are experiencing something which just doesn't add up and can't be explained away then who's to write it off? I also wanted to say that when my sister died I got her fragrance (which was the last smell I associated her with) and it was of the Marie Currie Hospice, very clean and recognisable. I would get it in the air every now and again. One time however, I was visiting her grave and it was a dark, wet and cold night and I swear to you the fragrance rose up from the grave as if in acknowledgement of my visit. It's always a beautiful experience (never, ever frightening) and I always acknowledge them for it, as you're meant to do that. My wee dog was sadly put down in July and I get the exact same albeit a different fragrance but experience with him. A lot of people experience this and I swear it is them telling you they're close to you, nothing could make me doubt it.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 12/10/2011 1:27:25 AM >

Art

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 167
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:27:24 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

Unfortunately I sometimes get them when I'm 100% conscious. I think it just comes down to each individual being more or less sensitive to the Paranormal than others. Trust me I'd give anything to have never experienced what I've wrote down up thread. I actually bought Healing Crystals a few months ago, which are meant to be good at protecting you, unfortunately they can also be what is known as a "Gateway" to other levels/ worlds and I started hearing mild chanting at night, I reacted well to them in general though and found them to be extremely beneficial.

What?? Was it English/human? That sounds terrifying!

Post #: 168
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 1:48:00 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

Unfortunately I sometimes get them when I'm 100% conscious. I think it just comes down to each individual being more or less sensitive to the Paranormal than others. Trust me I'd give anything to have never experienced what I've wrote down up thread. I actually bought Healing Crystals a few months ago, which are meant to be good at protecting you, unfortunately they can also be what is known as a "Gateway" to other levels/ worlds and I started hearing mild chanting at night, I reacted well to them in general though and found them to be extremely beneficial.

What?? Was it English/human? That sounds terrifying!

Yeah, it was a bit strange to say the least! I'm not sure of the language but it definitely sounded human, although in a distinctive "Old World" Congregation type way. As if I was listening in on an important Ceremony of some sort. Bizarre! I haven't heard it since however but did manage to go into a shop near where I live (a healing, spiritual place) and the lady there said I was probably quite sensitive to all this and if there was anything I was experiencing or/ and hearing then I should just banish (not ask) but actually tell it to go away if it was making me uncomfortable.

Apparently and I've heard and read this in various places but you should visualise yourself climbing into a kind of sleeping bag that you pull all the way over yourself, leaving no part of you out. You then zip yourself in and also give it a colour. I always chose the brightest white I can imagine and I do this every night (God, I should really shut up!) but this is actually what the real psychics do to guard themselves spiritually. It is meant to be a great aura and spirit protector.

Art

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 169
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 3:09:06 AM   
Spaldron

I'm going out with Haley Joel Osment ^

Post #: 170
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 8:53:40 AM   
steffols

quote:

Did it sound anything like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJMyOMxK9w

Sorry, I don't mean to take the piss but when I read that it made me think of it!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 171
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 8:55:19 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

That whole thing was a massive fraud.

Stop ruining the fun

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 172
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:07:31 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

(God, I should really shut up!) but this is actually what the real psychics do to guard themselves spiritually. It is meant to be a great aura and spirit protector.

Oxymoron alert!!

Ninj, I can offer you some relief from your ailments - just read up on sleep paralysis and all those "ghostly" premonitions will make a bit more sense.  What you've said below is a classic symptom:

quote:

That old saying that you're too scared to move/ scream etc. Really rung true here as I actually stayed statue still and petrified until I eventually nodded off

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 173
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:09:44 AM   
matty_b

quote:

Seriously, crapping pants and missing sleep? You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas. For shame.

No thanks, I've already met Dev's mum.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 174
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:13:25 AM   
matty_b

quote:

I'm going out with Haley Joel Osment

Is that legal?

quote:

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 175
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:14:14 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

This is an old one. Japanese ghost girl walking through a wall. Dunno if fake or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7BIGozm3c&feature=related

I've got a theory why that might be fake. It's a bit left-field so bear with me:
People can't walk through walls. Even the Japanese

Where are the other rational people when you need them?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 176
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:14:50 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Seriously, crapping pants and missing sleep? You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas. For shame.

No thanks, I've already met Dev's mum.

Ding Ding!

Do you get an automatic alert in your inbox for a Devs mum joke opportunity?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 177
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:19:47 AM   
matty_b

It's like a Spidey-sense. 

If only he was reading this thread...

quote:

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 178
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:23:50 AM   
Drew_231

On a slightly different track

Maybe not a 'horror' story, but still pretty horrific
http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts

I actually couldnt read the last couple of paragraphs

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 179
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 12/10/2011 9:33:59 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

This is an old one. Japanese ghost girl walking through a wall. Dunno if fake or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7BIGozm3c&feature=related

I've got a theory why that might be fake. It's a bit left-field so bear with me:
People can't walk through walls. Even the Japanese

Where are the other rational people when you need them?

I don't mean to undermine Ninja as she does seem extremely honest that these experiences occurred, but I find stuff like that very hard to believe. I love a good scare and this thread has done that for me. I don't believe in ghosts but I love shows like Most Haunted because I would love one day to be proved wrong. As yet, that has never happened so I will keep on not believing in ghosts.

But as you've said Sharky, the brain can play tricks on you, especially when you're tired, suffer from a sleep disorder or do not have a proper sleep pattern. Ninja, have you ever gone to a sleep specialist about this?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI