Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 10:14:12 PM   
matty_b

Oh, OK.

Slightly underwhelmed in that case.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 121
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 10:41:24 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Oh, OK.

Really? I'm still sitting terrified to move. And I'm bursting for a wee I really should have waited till there was someone else in the house before reading that or looking at this stuff. Now I'm all alone till 7am tomorrow morning.

< Message edited by steffols -- 10/10/2011 10:42:09 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 122
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 11:12:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrdMhk23TY

No idea what is being said, but I doubt you need to hear what they are saying.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 123
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 11:20:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

This picture was taken at the real Amityville House. The boy should not be there.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 124
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 11:24:39 PM   
Olaf

not hugely scary, but a good twist ending: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5369/1318276062153.png

edit: apologies,  didn't realise the other one had already been posted.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 10/10/2011 11:29:57 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 125
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/10/2011 11:59:02 PM   
Spaldron

This is an old one. Japanese ghost girl walking through a wall. Dunno if fake or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7BIGozm3c&feature=related

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 126
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 2:58:30 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Well, after reading this thread I think I can safely say sleep isn't on the cards for me anytime soon.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 127
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 9:12:08 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Oh, OK.

Really? I'm still sitting terrified to move. And I'm bursting for a wee I really should have waited till there was someone else in the house before reading that or looking at this stuff. Now I'm all alone till 7am tomorrow morning.

I was enjoying it and getting into it, but I just thought the ending was a little flat.

Looking forward to the rest of these, though...OR SHOULD I?

quote:

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 128
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 9:15:42 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

This picture was taken at the real Amityville House. The boy should not be there.

I saw a documentary on that house and they talked about this photo - didn't they take about nine or ten of that part of the house, and no-one was there, yet the boy was only on one of the photos?

Creepy stuff, I had to go into the next room and sit with the wife with the lights on for a bit afterwards.

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 129
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 9:26:43 AM   
Funkyrae

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the grave site. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys' thought he was alone.
When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

That's me that is!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 130
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 1:22:56 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the grave site. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys' thought he was alone.
When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

As a side note, in the film Up (yes, the Pixar movie!) there is a photo of Karl and Ellie which is supposedly based on an actual image of a man sitting in a car with what appears to be a woman's face behind/beside him.

And thanks for those Cracked links, Girv, you bastard!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 131
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 1:47:28 PM   
Hood_Man

Just thought of an amazing one, dunno why I didn't remember it sooner!

An old work colleague of mine used to go camping a lot when he was a teen, sometimes on his own.

This one time he went out for a few nights (by himself) into the woods, and took about 5 or 6 disposable cameras with him, to document everything that happened on his journey.

Anyway, he went camping, had a very pleasant time by the sounds of it, and after a few nights he went back home, and used up the few remaining films in his camera as he went.

When he got home, he took the cameras to the chemist to get them developed, and a few days later he went back to collect them.

The photos themselves were mostly mundane ones of trees, landscapes, woodland creatures etc, and a few of himself as he was leaving on his way home (holding the camera in front of him like a myspace pic sort of thing).

And on 4 of them, the last photo on each camera, was a photo of him asleep in his tent.

I dunno what's creepier about that, the thought that it could be paranormal, our that someone followed him for days just to freak him out?

[EDIT]

To clarify, I think it's a prank.

It's a creepy story though.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 11/10/2011 1:55:21 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 132
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 3:41:48 PM   
Chief

I read a similar story but it was a couple just back from holiday, got the pics developed and there was one with a hotel staff member with the couples' toothbrushes up their arse.

Horrifying.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 133
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 3:42:27 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I read a similar story but it was a couple just back from holiday, got the pics developed and there was one with a hotel staff member with the couples' toothbrushes up their arse.

Horrifying.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 134
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 6:33:33 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

This is an old one. Japanese ghost girl walking through a wall. Dunno if fake or not.

I've got a theory why that might be fake. It's a bit left-field so bear with me:
People can't walk through walls. Even the Japanese

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 135
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 6:33:59 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

If you have time this is a really good read

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/page1.html

that's one of the best, most scary things i've ever read! Loved it!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 136
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 6:38:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I've got a theory why that might be fake. It's a bit left-field so bear with me:

Look whose all of a sudden talking like they weren't crapping their pants two nights ago!

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 137
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 6:42:37 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Look whose all of a sudden talking like they weren't crapping their pants two nights ago!

Two nights ago? I wish. I only managed to shake Candle Cove about two hours ago and I still haven't got the balls to read that caving blog thing.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 11/10/2011 6:43:21 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 138
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:16:08 PM   
Le Tenia

A couple of years back, and being a bit of a non-believer, i volunteered to spend a night down one of the Edinburgh dungeons. All i had for company was a sleeping bag and a bottle of vodka.
When i awoke in the morning, the vodka bottle was empty and i had ectoplasm all down the front of my shirt...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 139
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:32:33 PM   
Spaldron

Girv, apart from Creepypasta do you know of any other sites with decent horror story databases?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 140
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:43:32 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Girv, apart from Creepypasta do you know of any other sites with decent horror story databases?

There are loads of websites out there, but so much chaf you have to get through for the goods.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 141
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:44:55 PM   
Rebenectomy

Seriously, crapping pants and missing sleep? You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas. For shame.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 142
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:46:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Seriously, crapping pants and missing sleep? You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas. For shame.

Go on - give us your creepy tales/stories/pictures and videos?

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 143
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:47:30 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

Art

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 144
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:53:00 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

I've had a lot of paranormal experiences and would be able to develop it if desired. However when you are psychically attacked and receive Premonitions, "Phantom" phone calls and the door ringing, knocks and footsteps amongst the other joyous festivities that being "sensitive" entails, it's a whole different ball game people.

I can't keep off this thread though... even though I end up regretting it!

Art

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 145
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:56:11 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, let me think. Nothing, absolutely nothing at all. I'm open minded but most of the things here are faked, and as such are not scary. And if ghosts did exist I see no reason to be alarmed, afraid or freaked out by them. What are they going to do, bang my door to such an extent that I'm slightly annoyed?

Oh, but I am slightly disturbed by the fact that the half used Butternut Squash that's been in my fridge since August hasn't decayed in the slightest. That's not normal is it? Won't be loosing sleep over it though.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 146
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 10:56:56 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas.

I love that you're a mod.

Do spooky stories fall into the same class as horror films for you?

Post #: 147
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:00:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, let me think. Nothing, absolutely nothing at all. I'm open minded but most of the things here are faked, and as such are not scary. And if ghosts did exist I see no reason to be alarmed, afraid or freaked out by them. What are they going to do, bang my door to such an extent that I'm slightly annoyed?

Oh, but I am slightly disturbed by the fact that the half used Butternut Squash that's been in my fridge since August hasn't decayed in the slightest. That's not normal is it? Won't be loosing sleep over it though.

Well if you had read the thread, you will have seen it doesn't matter if it is fake or not. Just about spooking people. Like watching a film. So there. And yes, I am sticking my tounge out at you in a child like manner.

Post #: 148
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:00:36 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

You're all a massive bunch a pussies and seriously need to grow iron vaginas.

I love that you're a mod.

Do spooky stories fall into the same class as horror films for you?

Pretty much, and like the horror genre I appreciate the work that goes into making these things, and some are very well done. But no, not scary, though like any human being I was born with an inherited reaction to loud noises, so clever music and sound mixing can still cause me to jump once in a while.

Edit: Girv, I have read the thread, see my reasoning ^here^.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 11/10/2011 11:01:48 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 149
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 11/10/2011 11:01:50 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

though like any human being I was born with an inherited reaction to loud noises, so clever music and sound mixing can still cause me to jump once in a while.

Iron Man scared you too?

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI