Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 18/2/2013 8:23:43 PM   
steffols

Just a little thing I stumbled upon on Imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8vjja

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 691
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 27/3/2013 11:09:34 PM   
Hood_Man

I can't really put this anywhere else:

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 692
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 28/3/2013 9:31:35 AM   
matty_b

Can't see it, Hoody...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 693
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 28/3/2013 10:01:32 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Just a little thing I stumbled upon on Imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8vjja

Holy crap.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 694
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 28/3/2013 5:21:56 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Can't see it, Hoody...

It's your mum in a string vest.

Stupid internet not working the way I want it to... I can't even remember what it was.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 695
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 1/4/2013 3:28:27 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

This is about Deus Ex, the classic PC game from the year 2000 (copied directly from Wikipedia)

During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline. Warren Spector however states "I wish we could say that we did it on purpose and we were sort of seeing the future. But it was actually just a mistake. The artist who did the skybox just uh, left them out. And it sort of worked out in an unfortunate way."

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 696
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 4/4/2013 10:41:43 PM   
Hood_Man

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 697
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 5/4/2013 10:06:50 AM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 698
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 1/5/2013 5:09:57 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

I had a nearly sleepiness night last night after reading this Reddit thread. I honestly lost count of the amount of times my hair stood on end and my skin tried to crawl off of my body. Some are funny, some are weird, and some are downright shit-yourself terrifying.

Enjoy...

What is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 699
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 1/5/2013 5:13:44 PM   
Hobbitonlass

No.4?

Saw that earlier <shudder>

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 700
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 1/5/2013 5:40:39 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

No.4?

Saw that earlier <shudder>

I read nearly the entire thing! This one wigged me out...

quote:

When my little sister first started talking she used to say some really disturbing things. She used to tell us about how her old family would put things inside of her and would make her cry but her Daddy eventually burned her so much that she was able to find us, her new family. She spoke about things like that from the ages of almost two to four, she was much too young to have ever been exposed to any content where children, or anyone else could be sodomized, so my family has always thought she held memories of a prior life.

God there are so many really creepy ones like this! Three-year-olds saying to their parents, "Remember when I held you this way when I was your mother?", or, "This is where the man who comes to see me died," kids claiming they were WWII pilots and accurately describing planes, kids who otherwise can barely string a sentence together. Always between the ages of two and six.

There are some where parents find their kids having exactly the same 'imaginary friend' as they did, or describing perfectly dead family members they don't know of and calling them by the correct name. One kid was leaving glasses around the home for "the dark man who spits water, he doesn't want to mess the carpet" - the parents later found out people including slaves had drowned near their home.

Aaaaaaand the goosebumps are back...!

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 701
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 7/5/2013 4:07:31 PM   
Brooksy84

Still working my way through them all, very entertaining. My daughter is 17 months and doesn't speak behind toddler babble, but every now and then she'll say "Sarah" clear as anything. So it's become a joke that there is a ghost called Sarah living in our flat.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 702
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 7/5/2013 6:19:10 PM   
Valanya

I've had to put David Bowie on in the background so I don't feel so creeped out by those.

It's not helping.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 703
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 10/7/2013 1:07:25 PM   
steffols

Not so much spooky, but I just found this on Reddit and thought it was wonderful.

quote:

I've been sitting here for hours trying to find a fitting start to what is ultimately no point in writing. The only one I'll ever tell is the psychiatrist I have an appointment with next week, and you.
I have memories of a life I haven't lived, or am living. It's not a past life, or being another person. It's me, Simon, with my same family, same dad and mom, and all my brothers. But yet everything is different.
Growing up I thought they we're dreams that I just remembered very well. When the subject about dreams came up, and how its hard to remember them all, I used to tell that I remember almost everything I dreamed about. My perception about what I remembered being dreams changed in my late teens and I never talked about them again, to anyone.
I used to row, and it was in my local rowing club I meet Claire. She was lovely in every way and I ended up having a crush for her. She however liked my best friend as well. Before I was made aware of this we dated for a few weeks, but when a friend of hers told me about it, I confronted her and she told me it was true. I was heartbroken and we decided to break it off. She started dating my friend and I moved on.
Shortly after I meet Elisabeth, who is now my current wife. But before me and Elisabeth got serious Claire and my friend had broken up and she reached out to me and asked me for a second chance -- I told her no.
But, I also remember saying yes. I remember our dates. I remember the day I asked her to be my girlfriend and make it official. I remember borrowing the club house connected to our rowing club and covering it with candles, and her walking in. I remember telling her that I love her and that I wanted her to be my girl. I was 18 and she was 17.
These memories or dreams ran parallel as I was dating Elisabeth and I used to feel horribly guilty about dreaming about Claire. I changed rowing club and started avoiding places I knew I'd meet Claire, but nothing helped. I was in love with Elisabeth, and Claire, and experienced dating both of them. I thought I was going crazy.
This is the point where my perception started to change: Elisabeth and I were an official couple and we had been going steady for over a year, we were happy. I was coping with my feeling and dreams/memories with Claire -- I was probably crazy/creepy and repressed it all and hadn't seen her in months.
In all honesty should barely know her at this point, but yet I knew everything about her; her childhood stories, her house, siblings, parents, their cabin 2 hours from town where I lost my virginity to her, and yet didn't. The cabin with its stupid toilet door which never locks properly, and caused her mother walking in when I was wanking (I still feel embarrassed by this! Yet the memory is off -- It hasn't happened)
Everything changed december 2001: I hadn't been sleeping properly for a long time but december was the worst. I thought I dreamt the memories, and it had made me fearful of sleep. I had been working overtime every day of the week for 2 weeks. I was thursday and after 4 hours of overtime, I was beat. I drove home. Got the keys from the garage, where we hid it under the paint box. Went inside, and straight to bed.
I woke up with Claire’s dad standing over me. He had found me in Claire’s bed after the coming home and discovering the keys were missing and the door unlocked. Horror, disbelief, confusion. This is Claire’s dad. I know him, and I have never met him. I just rambled; I can't remember saying anything coherent. I eventually told him I went in to the wrong house, he asked me how I found the keys.. What could I tell him? I had no reasonable explanation. I had never been to Claire’s house, yet I knew where they hid the keys and every damn room in the house -- I basically lived there. I told him I didn't know. He didn't ask me any questions after that, just that the police were on their way and to sit tight. I kept quiet until they arrived. When the police came he told them I was probably drunk, I guess he thought so because of my rambling and confused state. The police took me to the station for a statement. I lied and told them I had been drinking. I knew the blood results would be negative but I didn't care, I just wanted to go home. After a few hours they let me go and I went home. I didn't tell anyone about this. A few weeks later I received a letter stating that the blood results were negative and that they wanted me to go back to the station for a new interview, but before the date arrived I receive another letter saying that they would be dropping the charges -- Claire’s dad was not pressing.
After this episode I went to the doctors for sleeping pills. I never let myself get that tiered again. I never drank alcohol after that day either, or do anything that could cause me to lose focus as to where or who I am.
The different memories follow me throughout each day. And every day there are new memories, glimpses. Most of the different memories are so different -- or feel so different -- that I can distinguish between them, and my own. But sometimes I meet fiends that don't know me or know my way around places I shouldn't really know -- these memories are much harder to distinguish, almost impossible.
I'll stop here. I have written so much now, and now that I'm at the point of why I'm writing this -- I see no point in writing it. It's soon 1 AM here; I'm afraid my wife or kids will wake up and ask me why I'm crying.
I thought I could cope with the memories. I coped with Claire being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the cancer spreading to her liver. I coped with Claire dying, being at her funeral and carrying her casket, being told she was dead and not being at her funeral, not visiting her grave yet remember visiting her grave.
I have 2 daughters with Elisabeth; Anna and Jane. And I have Elise. I had Elise with Claire. Elise has my eyes. I remember her being born shortly after my first daughter and it changed everything. With my daughters came the sensation of what real, unconditional and bottomless love was. I can't cope with it anymore. I have lost a daughter. All I have are memories. I will never ever experience the first hand sensation of hugging, kissing, just holding her. And every day I have new memories of her -- making me love her and miss her more and more. I skip work just to sit outside the apartment we live in. I know the apartment inside and out -- where she learned to walk, where she learned to go to the potty all alone and how we went straight to mammas grave to tell her about it. I know it will ruin my life and there's nothing I can do. I'm in complete and utter conflict: I hope it’s a mental condition but at the same time I'm afraid of taking pills that will cause me to lose Elise completely. There is no help and it will ruin me

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 704
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 15/7/2013 4:43:54 PM   
Hood_Man

WARNING!! NSFW!!

You've been warned!

HIS FACE DOESN'T CHANGE!!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 705
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 12:25:04 PM   
Hood_Man

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 706
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 12:27:13 PM   
matty_b

Is there something I'm missing with that?

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 707
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 12:44:55 PM   
SadFace

Is it something to do with the dog sensing the earthquake before it happened or something?

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 708
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 1:23:13 PM   
jonson

I think he's implying it might be a poltergeist
I love the bloke with the beard's reaction though. At first he doesn't know whether to surf it out, but then runs like fuck

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 709
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 4:19:40 PM   
Hood_Man

Yeah, just the dog feeling the earthquake early, it just looked creepy to me. It also reminds me of those times when you're in a room with a baby or an animal and everything's fine, and then suddenly they stop what they're doing and become really really focussed on something behind you, only when you turn around there's nothing there

Even worse if their eyes and head move like they're watching something invisible.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 710
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 30/7/2013 4:46:54 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Yeah, just the dog feeling the earthquake early, it just looked creepy to me. It also reminds me of those times when you're in a room with a baby or an animal and everything's fine, and then suddenly they stop what they're doing and become really really focussed on something behind you, only when you turn around there's nothing there

Even worse if their eyes and head move like they're watching something invisible.

My youngest daughter had an imaginary friend, a little old lady, and she would talk to her, but the worse thing was her eyes were focused on something and would follow it around the room. Still to this day I am convinced that she was looking at "something"
It does freak you out though

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 711
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 12:57:26 AM   
Mister Coe

My friends four-year old daughter constantly mentions 'the lady outside my bedroom on the landing' when there's no-one there...

Kids are creepy.

Say what now?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 712
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 1:11:21 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

My friends four-year old daughter constantly mentions 'the lady outside my bedroom on the landing' when there's no-one there...

Kids are creepy.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 713
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 2:27:37 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Can't explain why kids do it but with animals, they are either seeing small things we may not be able to at first, cobwebs, spiders, flies or they are hearing something we can't, possibly a noise outside. Not made by a ghost.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 714
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 10:02:13 AM   
great_badir

As most of you know, I am Mr Skeptical, and I think ghosts, aliens, monsters etc are all bollocks.

However, I know exactly what you all mean with kids being focussed on something very specific - when our daughter was about six months old and her eyesight was mostly properly developed, I was sat up feeding her at about 3 in the morning. She was quite happily chugging on the bottle with her eyes closed as usual, until she stopped, opened her eyes wide and shifted around to sit more upright. I naturally assumed she needed winding, but nothing was forthcoming. She then fixed her eyes on something behind me and smiled (PROPERLY smiled), and then her eyes moved around in a very measured and specific fashion - exactly as Hoodie and jonson described - and then she started giggling, which she hadn't done before, in that fashion anyway. I looked behind me and there was nothing, not even a fly or moth.

Now, my dad died the year before and, at the time, I sat there and (happily) thought to myself "I wonder if my dad's come back to say hello to her", cos I wasn't in the least bit freaked out by what was happening.

In hindsight, I'm sure it was something easily explainable and very earth-bound (the skeptic in me talking now), but right at that moment I believed in spirits from beyond.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 715
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 11:07:10 AM   
MonsterCat

Or maybe she thought: "I'm going to fuck with this fool's head by pretending I can see something he can't".

I don't trust babies.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 716
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 31/7/2013 3:29:34 PM   
Brooksy84

My daughter is 20 months and I don't trust her an ounce. The only thing more suspicious than noise coming from her room is silence.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 717
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 2/8/2013 12:39:50 PM   
great_badir

All that is very true.

Our daughter can be a right little bastard. Quite often.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 718
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 2/8/2013 1:14:54 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

All that is very true.

Our daughter can be a right little bastard. Quite often.

Born out of wedlock, eh?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 719
RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet - 2/8/2013 1:23:22 PM   
great_badir

Only when she pisses me off enough to say so.

Which is quite often.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Spooky Stories from the Internet Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI