Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

61 Hours To Be The Next Reacher Film?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> 61 Hours To Be The Next Reacher Film? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
61 Hours To Be The Next Reacher Film? - 7/10/2011 2:29:05 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Persuader - 7/10/2011 2:29:05 PM   
adsjohns

Hands down the best of the entire Reacher series. It it a monument of plot on nerve jangling tension. You could even play the opening just like the book. It's perfect....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Die Trying - 7/10/2011 3:20:37 PM   
yodaami

...would work well as a film, thought it might be good as the first actually, could have set up his character in the van ride at the beginning, shown off his skills in the shooting contest, brought Garber in to tie up his military history, and has the twist with the mole at the end.

Post #: 3
- 7/10/2011 3:28:18 PM   
Greygor

Is Tom Cruise still lined up to be Reacher? If so I wish he'd take it on as a producer project rather than acting project

Post #: 4
I feel like I've achieved something in my life. - 7/10/2011 5:44:19 PM   
jasonlittlewood

I can' believe the first time i take part in one of Empire's live chats, my question gets answered and is featured in an article on the Empire website. Thanks Mr Child and Empire.
From the man named Jason.

Post #: 5
One Shot? - 7/10/2011 6:16:11 PM   
bretty

have to say I thought "One Shot" was one of the weaker novels and was surprised at this being the choice for a film

Post #: 6
Jack Reacher - 7/10/2011 6:53:25 PM   
chris08

Tom Cruise is to small, we were thinking and hoping Liam Neeson, or Dulph Lundgren, Tom is not rugged enough Jack is 6ft 5 inches how tall is Tom???

Post #: 7
Worth Dying For? - 7/10/2011 7:41:10 PM   
arsepigeon

61 Hours is the only book in the series which has a sequal (of sorts) so why would you make that the second film? Unless you intend to totally re-write the end from the book or to include the important information from Worth Dying For as well.

Post #: 8
Child sized - 7/10/2011 8:29:16 PM   
Doktor Animal

61 hours as the follow-up? I'm sorry, but the third act relies on the fact that Reacher's height works against him in a very low-ceilinged, confined space and a great deal of the dramatic tension is derived from this. I really enjoy the books and have read them all to date but I find the casting of Tom Cruise, for all his skills, works against the point of the character of Jack Reacher, who is supposed to be, both metaphorically and literally, head and shoulders above the average man.

Post #: 9
I still can't believe its Tom Cruise... - 7/10/2011 9:22:58 PM   
RundownDJ Gman

BIG fan of Reacher books. And for the record I have nothing against the Cruiser either. But this could go down as the biggest miscasting in the history of everything ever.

Oh and the second film should be Die Trying. With someone else...almost anyone else...playing Jack.

Post #: 10
- 7/10/2011 10:52:02 PM   
matt506

lee child is thinking of his bank account,not his fans who made him rich. there is no argument you can make to justify cruise as reacher.wake up.

Post #: 11
Jack The Lad - 8/10/2011 4:28:47 AM   
BenTramer

Never heard of these books until now. Jack Reacher is a crap name for a hero, too obvious, but I'll check out the movie. Could be good.

Post #: 12
You can't please everyone! - 8/10/2011 7:25:31 AM   
waggle

Well as has been well documented on many sites linked to Lee Child ,there is a wave of disatifaction with his readership at the casting of Tom Cruise.I myself are not entirely happy with this either but at the end of the day it's not the worst thing that can happen.The Cruz brings a certain level of publicity and credo to a project,love him or hate him we're talking about him and the film job done surely.
Being a traditionalist I'd love to have seen the (hopefully franchaise)from the begining easier to cast different actor's as the character ages.But if I had to decide what about 'The Visitor' the first book I read in the series and a little left field I thought for the books a pschological thriller.

Post #: 13
You can't please everyone! - 8/10/2011 7:36:38 AM   
waggle

Well as has been well documented on many sites linked to Lee Child ,there is a wave of disatifaction with his readership at the casting of Tom Cruise.I myself are not entirely happy with this either but at the end of the day it's not the worst thing that can happen.The Cruz brings a certain level of publicity and credo to a project,love him or hate him we're talking about him and the film job done surely.
Being a traditionalist I'd love to have seen the (hopefully franchaise)from the begining easier to cast different actor's as the character ages.But if I had to decide what about 'The Visitor' the first book I read in the series and a little left field I thought for the books a pschological thriller.

Post #: 14
Cruise could work! - 8/10/2011 10:19:35 AM   
rissole

Get him to wear his Les Grossman fat suit and stretch him a bit

Post #: 15
- 9/10/2011 2:59:03 AM   
BrooksyTHX1138

What is with this sudden love for this Reacher rubbish? Talk about proper film news dammit Empire! :D

Post #: 16
wrong - 10/10/2011 6:06:59 PM   
godzilavskennyrogers

should have been michael shannon but it wasn't. Stupid Hollywood!!

Post #: 17
Killing Floor - 10/10/2011 7:59:26 PM   
jamied

One Shot is one of the weakest novels so far. Killing Floor is amazing- I recall reading it and feeling like I had been smacked in the face by a Jack Reacher punch. Other novels that got close were Wire Trip (amazing bad guy) and Echo burning. Tom Cruise is a terrible choice for this role and 61 hours cannot work with him as Reacher. tom do the right thing- step aside!

Post #: 18
Persuader - 20/1/2012 1:42:50 PM   
danielthompson99

Killing Floor is still my fave of all his novels. Would like Persuader and The Visitor as movies. All of them are strong, and I'd agree that including Neagley will be a great choice.
I actually cried (REAL TEARS!) when I heard Tom was cast as the 6ft 6, 240lbs Reacher.
Tell you what Tom, when you can play football like a linebacker, we'll cast you as one !

Post #: 19
Persuader - 20/1/2012 1:43:31 PM   
danielthompson99

Killing Floor is still my fave of all his novels. Would like Persuader and The Visitor as movies. All of them are strong, and I'd agree that including Neagley will be a great choice.
I actually cried (REAL TEARS!) when I heard Tom was cast as the 6ft 6, 240lbs Reacher.
Tell you what Tom, when you can play football like a linebacker, we'll cast you as one !

Post #: 20
Persuader - 20/1/2012 1:43:41 PM   
danielthompson99

Post #: 21
The Visitor - 20/1/2012 1:44:14 PM   
danielthompson99

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> 61 Hours To Be The Next Reacher Film? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI