Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Is Bond 23 Called Skyfall?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Bond 23 Called Skyfall? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Bond 23 Called Skyfall? - 6/10/2011 9:13:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 6/10/2011 9:13:23 AM   
umer_ejaz

An intriguing title - sounds more of a sci-fi movie than an actual James Bond movie

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Crap title - 6/10/2011 9:28:18 AM   
betsy101

Ugh!! How can they keep getting this wrong!!!! Property of a Lady! Classy title..007 in New York, great title..Skyfall? Sounds like the sequel to a bad sci fi movie.....

Post #: 3
- 6/10/2011 9:40:18 AM   
dctuck

Sounds more like a video game than a movie. However - Bond 23's still ages away - working title, anyone?

Post #: 4
RE: - 6/10/2011 10:29:53 AM   
jobloffski

Putting sky and fall together in any 'heroic lead' character context makes me think of Icarus...

So, a film in which Bond flies high being the Bond people who haven't dug the new ones so far have been waiting for, but arrogance leads to him being in danger in the final act because he flies too high on his flippancy, and someone is waiting to clip his wings?

Wont be surprised to see the Icarus motif used, since my 'personal bond theme' with my own tune and lyrics is called 'Icarus, Fly' and while it is something I wrote for a laugh, it ended up being quite revealing to me that despite working from the content of QOS as a start point (Bond nearly crashes and burns) it applied more universally as a 'surviving something' motif

Pretentious shit out of the way, here's the chorus "When you fall you must get up or die/Even when you're living for a lie/If truth be told the truth may pass us by/But when you fall, you must/Get up or die (x3)/Icarus fly...

And I must havehad Darth Sila and other 'disappointees' in mind with the very first line: "Well I'm back and I'm gonna have a little bit o' fun this time/Excuse my turn of phrase, but that's a dangerous hemline/You saw through me before you first ever, even, ever, saw my eyes/Hand on your hip, disdain in your bearing, you'll do fine..(Chorus).

Screw it, heres the second verse too: "with the pace of disgrace, my face heading for the base, of your spine/But you don't mind your back having a bit of fun this time/Transcend the fundamental for a touch o' sentimental when it's just us two/Tonight the world can go to hell and duty can as well we got things to do...(chorus)

Hey, it's not like I've NEVER displayed ego on this site is it? And whatever, I stuck to the 'bond song' formula, verses about the relationship in the story, chorus about the theme/tone of the story. And the girl with the hand on her hip, I owe you

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 6/10/2011 10:33:28 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to dctuck)
Post #: 5
Skyfall!! - 6/10/2011 11:55:01 AM   
the_lost_one

Sound like it may be similar in nature to Goldeneye (which when I first heard that title I thought it was terrible) Could mean that the film revolves around some sort of project named Skyfall.

And to Betsy101, 007 in New York sounds like a title for a spy based romantic comedy (I freely admit to not reading the story but the title would not have drawn me to it)

Post #: 6
It has to have an 'O' in the title - 6/10/2011 12:42:42 PM   
DanielBurden1138

For them to put the 007 logo through.

Here's a great piece at Slackerheroes.com about who should be the next James Bond

http://slackerheroes.com/jj/2011/10/05/the-next-james-bond/

Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 6/10/2011 1:33:33 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Putting sky and fall together in any 'heroic lead' character context makes me think of Icarus...

So, a film in which Bond flies high being the Bond people who haven't dug the new ones so far have been waiting for, but arrogance leads to him being in danger in the final act because he flies too high on his flippancy, and someone is waiting to clip his wings?

Wont be surprised to see the Icarus motif used, since my 'personal bond theme' with my own tune and lyrics is called 'Icarus, Fly' and while it is something I wrote for a laugh, it ended up being quite revealing to me that despite working from the content of QOS as a start point (Bond nearly crashes and burns) it applied more universally as a 'surviving something' motif

Pretentious shit out of the way, here's the chorus "When you fall you must get up or die/Even when you're living for a lie/If truth be told the truth may pass us by/But when you fall, you must/Get up or die (x3)/Icarus fly...

And I must havehad Darth Sila and other 'disappointees' in mind with the very first line: "Well I'm back and I'm gonna have a little bit o' fun this time/Excuse my turn of phrase, but that's a dangerous hemline/You saw through me before you first ever, even, ever, saw my eyes/Hand on your hip, disdain in your bearing, you'll do fine..(Chorus).

Screw it, heres the second verse too: "with the pace of disgrace, my face heading for the base, of your spine/But you don't mind your back having a bit of fun this time/Transcend the fundamental for a touch o' sentimental when it's just us two/Tonight the world can go to hell and duty can as well we got things to do...(chorus)

Hey, it's not like I've NEVER displayed ego on this site is it? And whatever, I stuck to the 'bond song' formula, verses about the relationship in the story, chorus about the theme/tone of the story. And the girl with the hand on her hip, I owe you

I have no idea what you just said but it made me lol.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 6/10/2011 2:15:03 PM   
jobloffski

Now you put it that way, reading it back it does kinda have a high bollocks quotient.

Er, I do various kinds of writing, including performance poetry, sometimes 'songs' and ' tunes'happen during the writing, and I actually have 'Icarus Fly (My Bond Theme)' on page 007 of my Ebook of verse (yes, I did specify the publisher placing 00 before every page number in the book purely so I could have that 'gag' there for people to notice (if they do) when they reach the bottom of the page, and find that amusing or twattish, whatever).

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 10/10/2011 7:41:45 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 9
Keep it consistent - 6/10/2011 2:54:40 PM   
HornetPrime

I don't think Skyfall would work as a Bond film title. It sounds too generic and bland for the franchise. It might work as a tie-in game- 007: Skyfall.
I've been saying for years, The Pr0perty 0f a Lady (7) would be the best option. It means they can keep the diagonal 007 motif they've had for Casin0 R0yale (7) and Quantum 0f S0lace (7) and would help to bind the series together.
Of course for the next one they'd have to look elsewhere; create original titles or start using old ones: Doct0r N0 (7) fer instance.

Post #: 10
RE: Keep it consistent - 6/10/2011 3:17:24 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: HornetPrime

I don't think Skyfall would work as a Bond film title. It sounds too generic and bland for the franchise. It might work as a tie-in game- 007: Skyfall.
I've been saying for years, The Pr0perty 0f a Lady (7) would be the best option. It means they can keep the diagonal 007 motif they've had for Casin0 R0yale (7) and Quantum 0f S0lace (7) and would help to bind the series together.
Of course for the next one they'd have to look elsewhere; create original titles or start using old ones: Doct0r N0 (7) fer instance.

So all Bond titles have to have an O in them? Really stupid reason to have a title. And The Pr0perty 0f a Lady is rubbish, as is James Bond in New York. Terrible.

(in reply to HornetPrime)
Post #: 11
Loads of people whinged about Quantum - 6/10/2011 4:04:09 PM   
MusicLovesYou

And it turned out to fit the film well, plus I thought it was pretty damned good. 26 Oct next year though?!?! They're going to have to get cracking as that's a pretty short film and edit period.

Post #: 12
Meh - 6/10/2011 9:31:48 PM   
BenTramer

Quantum of Solace was shit title then and is still a shit title now. Skyfall, is that really the best they could come up with? After the shit Jack White/Alicia Keys Bond song, they'd better not fuck up again after that title. Got to get a classic Bond song this time. I'd get George Michael to write it, produce it and sing it. He should have been asked years ago.

Post #: 13
RE: Meh - 7/10/2011 9:30:01 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Quantum of Solace was shit title then and is still a shit title now. Skyfall, is that really the best they could come up with? After the shit Jack White/Alicia Keys Bond song, they'd better not fuck up again after that title. Got to get a classic Bond song this time. I'd get George Michael to write it, produce it and sing it. He should have been asked years ago.

He could certainly do all the car stunt work for them

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 14
RE: Meh - 7/10/2011 12:14:40 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 15
cASTING - 7/10/2011 8:20:25 PM   
HENRYS CAT

looks like Ralph Fiennes will play Bond's father Helen McCory his mother - in flashback I presume

Post #: 16
RE: cASTING - 8/10/2011 12:58:28 AM   
dreddhead123

"He could certainly do all the car stunt work for them"

LOL!

Here is a fan image of the title - looks cool:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IoLibVHumgM/To666iZQjDI/AAAAAAAAAAs/6mXgcrthDVM/s656/SKYFALL.jpg

(in reply to HENRYS CAT)
Post #: 17
RE: cASTING - 8/10/2011 9:30:20 AM   
jobloffski

Kinda hoping there's no actual 'skyfall' in the film, but it turns out to be Bond's rep, as in the baddies think of him of someone who, if not stopped, can bring the sky falling down on them and their plans, as it were, and expressed somehow in dialogue.

Random dialogue thought...

M: I don't think I ever fully get away from the feeling one day you'll either bring the sky falling down on yourself, or you'll bury the rest of us

B: And yet you keep sending me out there. To find out which it'll be?

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 18
- 11/10/2011 4:24:32 PM   
adrianG

What an horrendously awful title Skyfall would be. I would actually prefer it to be called Bond 23 that this horrendous non-title. It makes Quantum of Solace seem like a good idea. Not only does it not fit the general style of previous Bond films it seems an almost whimsical title for the kind of brutal bone crunching style of Daniel Craig's previous outings - why not go the whole hog and call it Mr Bond's Thrilling Adventures in the Land of Clouds. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Post #: 19
RE: - 11/10/2011 11:40:39 PM   
dreddhead123

Javier Bardem has revealed he is the villain:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/11/javier-bardem-bond-villain/

(in reply to adrianG)
Post #: 20
RE: Meh - 12/10/2011 2:03:33 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

It's either that or he'll have some action in the toilets...oh hang, that happened at the start of "CR". . Ben Tramer, I think the makers of "Bond 23" would rather Bond drive a Smart Car than let George Michael anywhere near a Bond film. "Quantum of Solace" was an awesome title and actually derived from a Fleming short story, you probably don't know what it means.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 21
RE: Meh - 12/10/2011 7:26:48 AM   
jobloffski

Random bond theme lyric thoughts...About time they got the title into the song again...bearing on mind how cheesy lyrics can read, compared to how they seem when sung...Where do you hide, from the sky, falling...calling out your name, again, in the night the stars, so far away, calling out your name again, where do you run, when the world is ending, calling out your name again, where do you go, when, you know I need you, sky falling, the sky is falling...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 12/10/2011 7:53:16 AM >

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 22
RE: Meh - 12/10/2011 5:56:10 PM   
buffster28

yeah that's a really bad title even quantumn of solace is better than that.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 23
RE: Meh - 12/10/2011 6:22:43 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Maybe "Skyfall" isn't the actual title but alludes to it in some way. I think if Sony were keenly aware that people would be monitoring their domain name procurements, they'd probably be more careful than give the game away. Although the first press conference for the film is due next month and we have more actors who have been confimed. Perhaps this is just gradual information drip-feeding?

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 12/10/2011 6:24:35 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 24
RE: - 12/10/2011 10:26:46 PM   
Spudly_Mcgudly

Not fit in with previous style of previous Bond films? You're right, compared to "Thunderball", "Octopussy", "Moonraker", "Goldeneye".. Nah, "Skyfall" doesn't fit with those at all, does it..

Am I the only person that thinks this sounds OK? It's short, sharp, and modern, just like the current flavour of Bond films (OK, maybe not short). Problem is though, I doubt this is even the name of the next film, most like a new Bond videogame. We'll see though, we'll see..

(in reply to adrianG)
Post #: 25
RE: RE: - 13/10/2011 12:36:38 PM   
pauljthomas

From what I could gather this morning, Skyfall is the name of Bardems character

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to Spudly_Mcgudly)
Post #: 26
RE: RE: - 13/10/2011 1:54:09 PM   
Emyr Thy King

So the opening scene will be a parachute jump then.

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 27
RE: RE: - 13/10/2011 7:46:06 PM   
Rollo_Tomassi

edit

< Message edited by Rollo_Tomassi -- 13/10/2011 7:53:45 PM >

Post #: 28
RE: RE: - 13/10/2011 7:48:07 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I was being facetious and rhetorical.

(in reply to Rollo_Tomassi)
Post #: 29
RE: RE: - 13/10/2011 7:54:54 PM   
Rollo_Tomassi

And I clicked the wrong reply button.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Bond 23 Called Skyfall? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI