Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Iron Lady (2012) - 5/10/2011 8:12:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
should be called the - 5/10/2011 8:12:37 PM   
komic book guy

hate the woman, hate the idea of a film about the witch, hate the tories.
love meryl streep...... what am i to do???
but in all seriousness the woman was a monster and i wouldnt wish this film on my worst enemy, but hey that might actually be thatcher so what the hell....
will they even release it in eire??

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: should be called the - 8/10/2011 3:30:48 PM   
Sutty

I CANNOT belieeevee that Marvel are making yet another movie simply to accomodate another Character in the upcoming Avengers movie!! And to make that Iron Mans mother is a really shit idea. I am, frankly, appalled. If points of View was still on the tv (either Terry or Ann would do) I would be having my letter of complaint read out in a rather agitated actors voice right now!

So what will "Iron Lady" bring to the party? She gonna Iron Caps tights, Thors cape, or stitch up yet another of Dr Banners shirts after he's had one of his shit fits?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to komic book guy)
Post #: 3
RE: should be called the - 8/10/2011 3:56:45 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I CANNOT belieeevee that Marvel are making yet another movie simply to accomodate another Character in the upcoming Avengers movie!! And to make that Iron Mans mother is a really shit idea. I am, frankly, appalled. If points of View was still on the tv (either Terry or Ann would do) I would be having my letter of complaint read out in a rather agitated actors voice right now!

So what will "Iron Lady" bring to the party? She gonna Iron Caps tights, Thors cape, or stitch up yet another of Dr Banners shirts after he's had one of his shit fits?

This ^

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 4
RE: should be called the - 10/10/2011 1:20:14 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

She'll probably bring the 'sas' to Iron Man's gas.

In which front row do you pack down Sutty?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 5
Stinkers in January? - 9/12/2011 9:09:34 PM   
simplysimon2

Why wait till 2012 when it puts Streep out of this year's Oscar competition? Usually they release stinkers in January, is this an ominous critique of the film?

Post #: 6
- 23/12/2011 9:07:44 PM   
TheGodfather

And I saw in the sneak preview yesterday:

The Iron Lady
It`s gonna be a busy next few months in the house of Lady Streep when they`ll fix her up with a new chimney. She`s gonna need one this coming award season, because with her performance as the suffering of Alzheimers Magret Tatcher she`s most probably gonna win a truckload of awards. Including, hopefull, her third Oscar.
Hopefull indeed, because that would be so truly well deserved. What an extremely good role she puts up on the screen here!! She transforms, thanks to a brillilant make-up job, really into The Iron Lady.
That of course if thé attraction of this piece.

Luckily though, that is not the only. The rest is well ok. The that the story is told (in long flashbacks) is strong, as is the way it`s shot.
The (sound)editing deserves a lot of praise as well. On all parts this is a very well conceived film. And nowhere it becomes, like sometimes happens too often in biopics, melancholic or cheesy.

Based on the trailer I wasn`t really drawn to this one but in looking I wasn`t 100 but 200% surprised by how good it was.
The Iron Lady is one towering piece of filmmaking.

8,5/10

Post #: 7
RE: The Iron Lady (2012) - 29/12/2011 5:21:01 PM   
Super Hans

I'm not really old/politically aware enough to have any particularly strong feelings for Thatcher, but everything I've seen about this makes it look fairly cringeworthy and vomit-inducing. Meryl Streep playing a real person and heavily made up? Couldn't look any more awards-desperate if it tried. Slightly more disturbing is that as far as the disguise goes, it doesn't look much like Thatcher really - just Meryl Streep in a wig!

This is all very face-value criticism I know, but I'm unlikely to be in the queue to be proved wrong...

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 8
RE: The Iron Lady (2012) - 25/1/2012 11:53:22 PM   
Kennithk

I wonder how many people are really going to watch this movie?

Health Careers

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> The Iron Lady (2012) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI