Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New War Horse Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New War Horse Trailer Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New War Horse Trailer Online - 4/10/2011 5:55:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 4/10/2011 5:55:03 PM   
Whistler

Looks like Oscar cat-nip.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 4/10/2011 6:15:37 PM   
jasonlittlewood

Looks brilliant, cant wait

Post #: 3
Looks underwhelming. - 4/10/2011 6:57:31 PM   
kielerkai

Seriously. A horse movie? Yawn.... Not everything that Mr. Spielberg touches is automatically gold, my friends...

Post #: 4
"But It's my *sob* horse, sir..." - 4/10/2011 7:03:42 PM   
Dr Science

I know I'm going to watch this and probably love it, (the galloping-through-the-trenches scenes look amazing), and I'll get caught up in the emotion like everyone else. BUT it's a horse and his boy film - twenty years ago this would have been a disney movie - I can't help feeling disappointed that this is what Spielberg decided to spend his precious time on. Tintin better be better than good.

Post #: 5
Ladbrooks - 4/10/2011 7:37:52 PM   
burtbondy

Spielberg is safe, too predictable. In time his wrongs will out-do his rights.

Post #: 6
Weird! - 4/10/2011 7:38:40 PM   
danclay77

Is it just me or does this look a bit like a tale of a boy who REALLY fancies his horse if you know what I mean!!!

Post #: 7
- 4/10/2011 11:59:19 PM   
Gimli son of Gloin

Guessing from most of the comments no one has seen the play? it's fucking brilliant, so it's more than a horse movie. and i can't wait!

Post #: 8
RE: - 5/10/2011 12:42:27 AM   
Jasper_29

The first trailer was excellent, but now we know the horse is gonna be pure CG some of the time.

Check out the two shots around 1:32...

Say no to CG horses!!

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man..."

(in reply to Gimli son of Gloin)
Post #: 9
RE: "But It's my *sob* horse, sir..." - 5/10/2011 1:09:45 AM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Science

I know I'm going to watch this and probably love it, (the galloping-through-the-trenches scenes look amazing), and I'll get caught up in the emotion like everyone else. BUT it's a horse and his boy film - twenty years ago this would have been a disney movie - I can't help feeling disappointed that this is what Spielberg decided to spend his precious time on. Tintin better be better than good.

And E.T. is an alien and his boy movie.  What's your point???

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Dr Science)
Post #: 10
RE: Seriously. A horse movie? - 5/10/2011 6:02:58 AM   
Dave25

Really? You think? Hang on what's the other word in the title other than horse? Oh thats right, War, when did Mr Spielberg last do a war movie? Whats that you say Saving Private Ryan? One of the greatest war films ever made? I'd rather have a horse over Matt Damon any day of the week. On another note my parents saw the play Warhorse and said it was fantastic, so the prospect of the same subject matter in the hands of one of the best movie directors alive kind of pips my interest. You haters out there should just grow up, bet your the same people that moaned that the director of ET couldn't handle a proper war film when SPR was announced.

Post #: 11
Blub! - 5/10/2011 8:19:11 AM   
jotaylor

Saw the play at the National Theatre, it's incredibly moving. I'm welling up here just at the bloody trailer. Damn you Spielberg!!! ;-D

Post #: 12
- 5/10/2011 9:59:02 AM   
ronniem

Trust John Williams to make everybody get a lump in their throat watching the trailer...

Post #: 13
RE: "But It's my *sob* horse, sir..." - 5/10/2011 10:22:24 AM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Science

And E.T. is an alien and his boy movie.  What's your point???

Horses are eveywhere. When do you ever see an Alien? Can't you tell how different an Alien is to a horse?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 14
- 5/10/2011 11:13:29 AM   
woodgob

I knew I shouldn't have watched this at work....they should use John Williams in riot control.

Post #: 15
LOOKS - 5/10/2011 12:06:56 PM   
beakybeaky

a bit pony.

Post #: 16
RE: Seriously. A horse movie? - 5/10/2011 12:28:42 PM   
the ageless stranger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave25

Really? You think? Hang on what's the other word in the title other than horse? Oh thats right, War, when did Mr Spielberg last do a war movie? Whats that you say Saving Private Ryan? One of the greatest war films ever made?

Yeah, except this doesn't look like Saving Private Ryan, does it? This looks like a sugary tale of a boy and his horse, while WW1 happens in the background. I doubt we'll see anything like the intensity of SPR in this.

Stand And Be True

(in reply to Dave25)
Post #: 17
- 5/10/2011 1:10:23 PM   
evildave69

I really want it to be good but at the moment I'm still waiting to be convinced. No doubt it'll be lovely to look at, but I can't help but feel manipulated...plus horses do nothing for me.

Post #: 18
- 5/10/2011 4:53:25 PM   
LustForLeith

Looks a lot better than Tintin...

Post #: 19
- 5/10/2011 5:09:24 PM   
steveg66

Spielberg+Horse+World War 1+ Young lad's quest to regain horse....I expect to bawl like a baby! Bring it on!

Post #: 20
I've got little hope for this flick... - 6/10/2011 3:57:46 PM   
Porter

...it might be a good stage play, but it just looks like a terrible Disney-flick directed by someone like Shawn Levy. Did you see that scene where everyone is standing around in awe of the horse? This was World War I, for fuck's sake! Do you honestly expect us to believe their world stood still because a horse ran through No Man's Land? They were knee deep in the shit and blood of their fucking friends. Never mind petting the bloody thing, eat it!

Post #: 21
RE: I've got little hope for this flick... - 6/10/2011 8:20:35 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porter

...it might be a good stage play, but it just looks like a terrible Disney-flick directed by someone like Shawn Levy. Did you see that scene where everyone is standing around in awe of the horse? This was World War I, for fuck's sake! Do you honestly expect us to believe their world stood still because a horse ran through No Man's Land? They were knee deep in the shit and blood of their fucking friends. Never mind petting the bloody thing, eat it!

Nobody expected the troops to have a Christmas ceasefire, either, but it happened.

I'm looking forward to this film immensely. Spielberg may well have made the best horse movie ever.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Porter)
Post #: 22
- 7/10/2011 1:35:02 PM   
Pipkin3

Judging by comments being made some people really need to pick up the book before they start ripping into the plot and who it is aimed at. Its less than 200 pages so it won't take you lot long!

Post #: 23
you know what I think? - 7/10/2011 11:43:04 PM   
rpem22

I haven't read the book and I haven't read the play but I was an extra on this movie. Someone made a comment about the all the soldiers in awe of a horse running through no mans land being a stupid idea... I was in that scene and thought it was a shit idea... in fact I made a bet with another extra that this is gonna be a shit film... it'll look impressive but it's gonna be shit. Sorry.

Post #: 24
Rubbish! - 8/10/2011 12:01:20 PM   
TheHazman

I have never been so unexited by a Speilberg movie! Who gives a flaming crap about a horse? For brief moments in that trailer I thought, "ok this looks a bit more interesting" and then it cut to another image of a horse, or someone drawing a horse or someone saying "thats my horse." I will never see this film!

Post #: 25
- 9/10/2011 5:22:35 PM   
coljohnmatrix

It's amazing how many Empire forum posters know with 100% certainty that some films *will* be shit. Any chance that one of you might let us know next Wednesday's lottery numbers?

Post #: 26
Re: you know what I think? - 9/10/2011 6:30:20 PM   
Dave25

"I was in that scene and thought it was a shit idea" And that's why your an extra and Mr Spielperg is an award winning film director.

Post #: 27
RE: Re: you know what I think? - 10/10/2011 4:05:17 PM   
rpem22

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave25

"I was in that scene and thought it was a shit idea" And that's why your an extra and Mr Spielperg is an award winning film director.

Lol. Ok, well I must apologise to MISTER Spielberg next time I see the old codger. In the meantime enjoy the movie when you see it.

(in reply to Dave25)
Post #: 28
RE: Rubbish! - 10/10/2011 4:23:49 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHazman

I have never been so unexited by a Speilberg movie! Who gives a flaming crap about a horse? For brief moments in that trailer I thought, "ok this looks a bit more interesting" and then it cut to another image of a horse, or someone drawing a horse or someone saying "thats my horse." I will never see this film!

I'm sure Spielberg gives a shit.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to TheHazman)
Post #: 29
RE: New War Horse Trailer Online - 1/11/2011 1:12:04 AM   
paulwfranklin

Looks bloody awful! Lots of shots of a horse galloping to dramatic music...

The stage play is meant to be fantastic, though I've not seen it. What puts me off this film - and what the article failed to mention - is that the adapted screenplay was done by Richard Curtis. Yes, the man who created the line 'Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed.'

Combine that fact with the Disney-esque trailer and i don't think I'll be paying to see this.

Also, I was an Extra in that scene too and thought the same thing: It's a horse, so f***ing what. Can it fly or something?
Maybe everyone's staring because it's not galloping for once...

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New War Horse Trailer Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI