Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spielberg's Future Projects News

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spielberg's Future Projects News Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spielberg's Future Projects News - 29/9/2011 10:44:55 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 10:44:55 AM   
burtbondy

He makes movies of average quality and is the producer of the worst movies known to man.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 10:47:03 AM   
JIm R

Hurrah to that man's point of view

Most overated director that ever lived.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 3
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 11:18:19 AM   
shool

Yeah! Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Duel, Empire of the sun, Catch me if you can, Munich. all rubbish films

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 4
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 11:55:35 AM   
Albion51

Complete idiots who appear to know nothing about quality film making!! I bet they are drooling at the next Jackie Chan movie!!!!!

< Message edited by Albion51 -- 29/9/2011 11:57:22 AM >

Post #: 5
Re - 29/9/2011 12:11:37 PM   
badshark

But still all of you f+++ers watch his movies...

Post #: 6
being steven spielberg - 29/9/2011 12:34:58 PM   
niallg77

in a being john malkovich style film uwe boll during a boxing match goes inside spielbergs head and discovers why he loves aliens so much and how indy and the crystal skull came to be made

Post #: 7
- 29/9/2011 7:12:40 PM   
mikedavies81

What's Marc Almond doing on the front cover?

Post #: 8
RE: Spielberg's Future Projects News - 29/9/2011 7:48:55 PM   
Tech_Noir

I like Spielberg's past films as much as anyone else but if I'm honest his name doesn't draw me to the cinema as it might have before.

I saw the trailers for TinTin and War Horse and I don't think I'd even add them to my Lovefilm rental list unless the reviews were insanely over the top.

Post #: 9
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 8:03:41 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Yeah! Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Duel, Empire of the sun, Catch me if you can, Munich. all rubbish films

[image]http://i46.tinypic.com/v809om.jpg[/image]

never said they were rubbish, I just think that there are film makers who have made equally good films who don't get same coverage but don't have people fawn over any old thing he churns out.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 10
Terrible title for a film - 29/9/2011 8:17:24 PM   
lelandmeeks

Robopocalypse!? It sounds like something a kid has made up alongside crayon drawings of robots. Spielberg usually delivers the goods however so anything he directs i'm in.

Post #: 11
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 8:44:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

never said they were rubbish, I just think that there are film makers who have made equally good films who don't get same coverage but don't have people fawn over any old thing he churns out.

The man made Jaws, Jim.

Jaws.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 12
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 9:06:30 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

The man made Jaws, Jim.

Jaws.

and......

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 13
RE: Spielberg's Future Projects News - 29/9/2011 9:08:57 PM   
Super Hans

I'm not sure how much you can knock a man who pretty much invented the blockbuster event movie, was the box office king of all time (until James Cameron created & exploited the 3D goldmine) and who has had a remarkably diverse body of work under his belt.  Sure, with the amount of films he's directed/produced there are bound to be a few duds (especially when he only produced them - can't blame it all on him), but surely not enough to warrant a full on backlash?

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 14
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 9:12:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The man made Jaws, Jim.

Jaws.

and......

And Jaws is one of thee great films.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 15
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 9:16:14 PM   
Piles

I don't really understand the complaints about a director being (slash not being) 'fawned over' and thus unappreciated. I mean, even if a director you like isn't getting Spielberg-esque dues it doesn't stop you from checking out his work and liking it yourself. It's not neccesary for a director you like to be loved amongst the masses. (In fact I actively discourage it).

Also, Spielberg is good.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 16
RE: Who Cares? - 29/9/2011 9:22:14 PM   
JIm R

Jaws is an excellent film no doubt chaps, I am a fan, I have many of his works and books of his works I just think people tend to go overboard when praising him.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 17
Yesterday's legend... - 29/9/2011 11:16:23 PM   
The Watcher

Should've retired circa 1982

Post #: 18
- 29/9/2011 11:35:45 PM   
sweetladybrick

Elitism causes a lot of film fans to discount that which is popular; popular names like Spielberg will be spat at in favour of the lesser known, the art house- the often pretentious. Ultimately it comes down to this: when you're relaxing at home and you want to be entertained and not insulted, do you watch Jaws or Lars Von Trier's Antichrist? If you say the latter, you're either a film student, a serial killer or a fucking liar. I like to have my horizons broadened, I like to be educated but I also want to be entertained by a master storyteller. Spielberg has done this throughout my 26 years and will no doubt continue to for many years.

Post #: 19
The greatest - 30/9/2011 7:20:07 AM   
leroythemasochist

All the people who live in the past and say he should've stopped in the early 80s just need to grow up. Thank god there are popular film
makers like him with his film knowledge. Also, just bugger off people, he makes the best movies and you people know nothing about what's great. Go and read Sight And Sound!

Post #: 20
RE: Who Cares? - 30/9/2011 12:25:35 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

quote:

quote:

The man made Jaws, Jim.

Jaws.

This.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 21
RE: The greatest - 30/9/2011 1:23:16 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: leroythemasochist

All the people who live in the past and say he should've stopped in the early 80s just need to grow up. Thank god there are popular film
makers like him with his film knowledge. Also, just bugger off people, he makes the best movies and you people know nothing about what's great. Go and read Sight And Sound!

Glad to see you have an open mind about these things and value other's input.  

(in reply to leroythemasochist)
Post #: 22
hit and miss - 30/9/2011 6:22:38 PM   
gquinn

You can't say thet Raiders, Jaws, Schindler's List or Munich are movies of average quality. The Termainal and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull did suck balls big time however...Like most directors with such long careers, he's made a lot of quality films and a lot of crap ones

Post #: 23
- 30/9/2011 6:25:46 PM   
gquinn

Oh, and War of the Worlds sucked balls big time as well!

Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spielberg's Future Projects News Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI