Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Michael Shannon IS Jack Reacher!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Shannon IS Jack Reacher! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Michael Shannon IS Jack Reacher! - 8/10/2011 2:11:04 AM   
hiruys

You know I'm right!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
What's the big deal? - 8/10/2011 9:44:55 PM   
Big Braveheart

Who cares about what height Tom Cruise is? He is a great actor and will bring depth to the character which is better than having a lump of wood playing him!! Not all characters from books work as well on the screen so his height don't mean shiz!! Look at the quality films that Tom has given us - very rarely does he disappoint but the haters can keep moaning!

Post #: 32
Well I Never... - 20/10/2011 12:27:13 PM   
Cuckoos Nest

Coming soon to a cinema near you...

The Exorcist, starring William Shatner

Hamlet, starring Adam Sandler

and The Greatest Story Ever Told, starring Adolf Hitler

Post #: 33
bah - 1/11/2011 11:10:32 AM   
hopkins

When I heard Tom Cruise had been cast I decided there an then never to watch the movie. I'm sorry but Jack Reacher is all about his physical size. Its what makes him so confident in a fight, I hate hate hate the fact that Tom Cruise has been cast. It makes me cross. As I'm reading one of the Jack Reacher novels at the mo I'm just like hell no Tom Cruise is a crap choice. errrrgggghhh makes me mad just thinking about it. PS I know the books won't wind any awards for being incredible works of fiction or anything, but they are fun, and I like Jack Reacher, I dislike Tom Cruise - alot.

Post #: 34
- 5/9/2012 2:12:51 PM   
Tom Who?

Tom Cruise a great actor? When di that happen? How can a midget play the part of a 6' 5" man? Thios is another case of an author selling out to the movie industry. The only reason for castingCruise is because he is popular with women.This is one Jack Reacher reader who will not be a Jack Reacher viewer. I hope it is the biggest cinema flop in history.

Post #: 35
- 18/9/2012 11:56:05 PM   
MovieFanPlusOne

Tom Cruise? Greatest actor of our time? Simply aghast at the thought of Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. What if he 5'7" wearing heels? Just watched the trailer in which he takes on someone a head taller than himself...looks ridiculous. Readers fell in love with the character Jack Reacher who is a tall, rugged, unassuming man traveling through life on a code of honesty and justice. A man who matches his physical description and abilities cannot be played by someone who is of such a small stature. Even if they were equally talented...the small person loses on reach, weight and strength behind his moves. Not believable which is a killer for any movie or writing
outside of the fantasy or science fiction genre. I won't bother going to the movie. There are other people available who have the size and even though they may not be well known...who knows given a chance they might be the next big star. Liam Neeson, Kevin Sorbo, Channin Tatum. Surprised at Lee Child's naivete.

Post #: 36
WHAT!!!!! tom cruise??? - 25/9/2012 3:23:35 AM   
pizzaboy

You read the books...author bio indicates movie rights...you think a Diry Harry/Rambo/Nick Nolte type of star to play the role.
.....and TOM CRUISE???
Is Jack Reacher gay?
Does he jump up and down on couches?
Is he a religious fanatic??
Will he be 5'6" in his next book? (Like to know how)
You sold out, Lee!!!!!!!
SELLOUT!!!
Poor Jack Reacher---to bad he can't doesn't have a say so.
You sold him out, Lee.
I'm finding a new author!!!!!
What a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 37
I'm saddened - 25/12/2012 7:09:17 PM   
odinredd88

Lee doesn't need the money. He created a great folk hero, and turned him into an unbelievable midget. I feel fortunate in one sense that Cruise is so physically different than Reacher that I can still read the novels. Lee sold out. I will NOT see the movie. THE END.

Post #: 38
RE: "REACHING" - 25/12/2012 7:18:41 PM   
odinredd88

A film didn't "need" to be made, but it seems money did. I'm not surprised at any of this, but, jeez, what a waste.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 39
RE: "REACHING" - 27/12/2012 9:31:18 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Well if their not taking Cruises lack of size & build into consideration then surely The Rock would've been a great choice as he ticks most of the boxes unless that is they have anything against the colour of his skin?

(in reply to odinredd88)
Post #: 40
Great effort - 28/12/2012 9:17:16 AM   
Andrethesnox

Having now seen the movie I would like to offer congratulations to all involved. What a superb flick. Beautifully acted, produced and delivered. The plot was faithful to the book, script was intelligent and supported a completely coherent plot (something of a novelty these days). I note Cruise produced the movie so hopefully he has the rights to all the books. How much better this was than the Mission Impossible spoofs and other "A-Team esque" attempts at action films that we see so often these days. Excellent.

Post #: 41
Great effort - 28/12/2012 8:23:29 PM   
Andrethesnox

Having now seen the movie I would like to offer congratulations to all involved. What a superb flick. Beautifully acted, produced and delivered. The plot was faithful to the book, script was intelligent and supported a completely coherent plot (something of a novelty these days). I note Cruise produced the movie so hopefully he has the rights to all the books. How much better this was than the Mission Impossible spoofs and other "A-Team esque" attempts at action films that we see so often these days. Excellent.

Post #: 42
Translation - 29/12/2012 5:50:34 PM   
AdamL10

Or what he would have said if he was honest "They gave me a big bag of money and after that i couldn`t have cared less what they did"

Post #: 43
What a load of bollocks - 21/4/2013 11:11:17 PM   
dizzy1969

haven't seen the movie but do read a lot of jack reacher books, just got a new one shot and its the fist one that does not have jacks sats in the front. Also how Can a five foot something play 6 foot 5, I do like tom cruise but please even he is not that good an actor to play someone who is over a foot taller

Post #: 44
Who - 21/4/2013 11:18:44 PM   
dizzy1969

Barry van dyke would have been better

Post #: 45
Cruise at 250 lbs? - 4/5/2013 3:41:07 PM   
ribid04

Love the Reacher novels; won't see any of the movies. Hard to look at someone that is 5'-7" 147 lbs and imagine Reacher at 6'-5" ,250 lbs. what a waste. Hope all the movies tank

Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Shannon IS Jack Reacher! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI