Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Red Dawn Finally Picked Up For Release

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Red Dawn Finally Picked Up For Release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Red Dawn Finally Picked Up For Release - 28/9/2011 3:58:12 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Huh? - 28/9/2011 3:58:12 PM   
gregorro

Why would a country the size of one of America's lakes, want to invade and try and take over America. It makes no sense whatsover, not to mention, highly unlikely. We belived the Russians would pull something like this, so why change the bad guys. We still don't trust Russians, especially after the spy thing that was uncovered recently. Not that North Koreans cannot be scary. But the great thing with the original Red Dawn, is that you could empathise with some of the Russians and the Cubans, as they showed their emotional range. I can't see the North Koreans doing this, so the film won't be as engaging or as interesting as the original. Some remakes work, but the chopping and changing of the bad guys just makes me think that they just don't have the guts to make the film that they want. Compromising your original vision of the story, is not a good idea. Stick to your guns, and trust your instincts, and tell your story how you want to tell it.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
gregorro is spot on - 29/9/2011 11:42:34 AM   
bigmeuprudeboy1

the idea of ANYONE invading the US and even getting so much as a foot on the ground is utterly laughable..whether it be in crap films like Red Dawn or in video games like Call of Duty

Post #: 3
Sabrina - 9/10/2011 6:38:01 AM   
SabrinaDungan

SO glad to see that things are finally looking up for this film! I have worked on a lot of films, but I really enjoyed being a stand-in on this film back in fall of '09. I had the time of my life! I've been highly anticipating the release of this, but I hope that this time in 2012 I won't come accross an artical saying that the film will come out in 2013. I feel like every year they keep pushing it forward, and it really disappoints me. This time I have a good feeling though! Out of all of the movies I have worked on.. I've been wanting to see this one the most =)

Post #: 4
America is the biggest, you will never be small - 24/11/2011 12:54:43 PM   
Bluehawk

It's a fun complex America has. They always want to be the little guy who's getting bullied, but they are the fattest, biggest kid in the classroom themselves. Hell, they killed the little guy 300 years ago on their own continent.
Which makes it extra hilarious in the latest videogamestrend where America gets invaded (not just Call of Duty!) by Koreans and Russians.

Post #: 5
Leave It In The Can! - 28/11/2011 4:53:20 PM   
Vtepes2

What a waste...NK invadining the US....why not change it to the Phillipines or Fiji invading the US....what a joke... I know it's just a movie but what a stretch. Should have just took that $60 Million and flushed it...All to be PC....another remake that won't live up to the original. No wonder MGM was in financial problems.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Red Dawn Finally Picked Up For Release Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI