Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Jameson Empire Awards >> Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 28/9/2011 2:51:25 PM   
Amar Vijay

The Jameson Empire Awards need you literally.

After years of handing big-name winners a Perspex brick, we've decided to jazz things up this year, by coming up with a brand-new Jameson Empire Award trophy. Which is where you lot come in.

We want you to send us your designs (fancy pixel-perfect drawings, early sketches or even random doodles) for the new trophy, and the winner will receive two tickets to the Jameson Empire Awards next March, and get to watch some of the biggest names in moviedom hold up the award that they designed.

Some caveats: we want something classy, iconic, and timeless; that's relatively easy to hold, something that doesn't weigh several tons, and that will look good sitting beside an Oscar on some lucky winner's mantelpiece. And do remember to leave room for the engraved plaque!
So, no pressure, then.

Feel free to post your design submissions below for all to judge, or alternatively, email your design to trophycomp@empiremagazine.com.

Deadline for your entries is Friday 4th November, and the winner will be chosen Friday 18th November. (Empire reserves the right to modify the winning entry.)

< Message edited by Amar Vijay -- 28/9/2011 2:54:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 28/9/2011 8:14:26 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amar Vijay

Some caveats: we want something classy, iconic, and timeless; that's relatively easy to hold, something that doesn't weigh several tons, and that will look good sitting beside an Oscar on some lucky winner's mantelpiece.

So, a trophy emblazoned with Ash's chainsaw hand crossed with a boomstick then? I win.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 2
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 1:11:37 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Could be made of metal or the traditional perspex... Spent ages on this.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 1:15:06 PM   
elab49

Make it look like plastic but have an internal cavity filled with mercury. Then choose the poor sod who'll be picking it up first

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 4
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 1:18:26 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Could be made of metal or the traditional perspex... Spent ages on this.

When the person collects it the music in the background should be The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

Post #: 5
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 4:37:11 PM   
Piles

excuse the lack of detail, it's a microphone and two film reels.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 6
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 5:37:17 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 7
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 29/9/2011 10:05:13 PM   
TinyButDeadly

< Message edited by TinyButDeadly -- 29/9/2011 10:06:35 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 8
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 30/9/2011 12:55:04 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

I'll second that. Brilliant Piles!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 9
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 2/10/2011 1:52:07 AM   
adambatman82

While I think that Piles has got this one in the bag, I still reckon this would make a nice runners up piece -

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 10
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 2/10/2011 4:15:05 PM   
rich

Meanwhile...

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 11
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 2/10/2011 11:09:57 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 12
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 2/10/2011 11:24:54 PM   
homersimpson_esq

It trades on the classic five-star review rating from such erstwhile films as, say, Attack of the Clones.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 13
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 10:04:36 AM   
big dawg

quote:

It trades on the classic five-star review rating from such erstwhile films as, say, Attack of the Clones.

And also doubles up as a handy weapon if a burglar gets in

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 14
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 5:46:26 PM   
Piles

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

While I think that Piles has got this one in the bag, I still reckon this would make a nice runners up piece -

I went to the Empire Awards last year and stole our table's one of these. WINNER.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 15
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 7:18:40 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Haha I only just noticed the label.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 16
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 7:23:01 PM   
BabsyBuck

Brass stem (neck or whatever you call it)
Black stone or marble for the stand and large E on top

Where the winner's name and catergory goes is optional,
but I have designed it to be at the base, on the stand.

It's probably japanese....yeah no it's definitely japanese

"I'm trying to be fucking romantic here! Asshole!"

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 17
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 7:25:18 PM   
BabsyBuck

quote:

Actually love this!

Post #: 18
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 3/10/2011 7:55:32 PM   
BabsyBuck

COULDN'T RESIST! I MADE ANOTHER ONE!

(in reply to BabsyBuck)
Post #: 19
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 4/10/2011 3:03:03 PM   
PlausiblePictures

< Message edited by PlausiblePictures -- 4/10/2011 3:05:29 PM >

(in reply to BabsyBuck)
Post #: 20
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 6/10/2011 11:12:19 PM   
BabsyBuck

Kind of like my previous design, but a bit more simple...

< Message edited by BabsyBuck -- 6/10/2011 11:14:11 PM >

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 21
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 7/10/2011 11:44:51 AM   
Bosskatte

i too like the clapperboard idea; i think BabsyBuck's looks a bit flasher than mine though!

Obviously it would be made of black marble and gold and stuff

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Bosskatte -- 7/10/2011 11:55:45 AM >

You want to talk about farting? My uncle could fart. He killed a plant once.

(in reply to BabsyBuck)
Post #: 22
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 7/10/2011 2:39:55 PM   
Bosskatte

oldschool.  A bit iffy here but it's an idea...

Attachment (1)

You want to talk about farting? My uncle could fart. He killed a plant once.

(in reply to Bosskatte)
Post #: 23
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 7/10/2011 4:11:25 PM   
Jubilee53

Question: Is this a design just for the DONE IN 60 SECONDS award or is it for all of the awards given by Empire?

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 24
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 10/10/2011 9:50:34 PM   
matsnowie

Obviously it should be made of a black stone and there would be an engraving plate at the center of one of the long faces to have the winner's name, but this is the general idea. Classy. Simple. Filmgeekiness at its most elegant.

Alternatively, if black stone and class is too expensive, they are available in action-figure form from ThinkGeek.com for only $12.99.

(in reply to Jubilee53)
Post #: 25
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 12/10/2011 11:58:52 PM   
keatsmeister

You'll have to forgive my sketching skills, there's a reason I post mainly in the Poster Mash-Ups forum, and not fan-art forums lol

Welcome to the Ema awards   (Empire movie award - I'm sure you all got that anyway)

The idea is to have a lady in a classic gown, much as you would see worn at the ceremony, arms raised in a celebratory pose as an award winner, possibly even looking up as if looking to the heavens in thanks (I'm not good at drawing people looking up). Between the arms, the symbolic 5 stars indicative of the Empire seal of approval. The base is a fairly classic look again, simple and understated to avoid drawing attention away from lovely "Ema", completed with the plaque, where the award logos and details are engraved. I left the Empire logo in its original red, as I thought it would look nice standing out, and really making an impact. (PS the logo is supposed to follow the contours of the base, can't get the warping function working on my editing suite at the mo, but you get the idea anyway)

ema Empire Award Design by the_keatsmeister, on Flickr

(in reply to matsnowie)
Post #: 26
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 13/10/2011 8:55:02 AM   
homersimpson_esq

It does beg the question of where the award recipient holds the award: on the boob, or under the boob?

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to keatsmeister)
Post #: 27
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 13/10/2011 9:11:04 AM   
keatsmeister

quote:

It does beg the question of where the award recipient holds the award: on the boob, or under the boob?

Honestly didn't think about that lol Now you mention it, got to be worth it for the amusement of watching everyone try to work out that conundrum - who'll be supportive and gentlemanly, and who'll be brazen and bold

Post #: 28
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 13/10/2011 4:54:52 PM   
tolkienerd

I'm having trouble getting this image to embed, so apologies if this doesn't work.

Imagine this in bronze (at least Peter Jackson will want one):

Or you can see it on flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16241796@N06/6240528411/in/photostream

(in reply to keatsmeister)
Post #: 29
RE: Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition - 14/10/2011 1:11:36 PM   
matthumphrey

Obviously you're not a golfer.
http://www.society6.com/studio/matthumphreydesign/store
http://www.redbubble.com/people/matthumphrey

(in reply to tolkienerd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Jameson Empire Awards >> Design the Jameson Empire Awards trophy competition Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI