Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Drive

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Drive Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Drive - 17/7/2012 2:21:01 AM   
Lebron James

Truthfully I feel it is a bit overrated.
A very bland story line, you don't really get involved / emotionally connected to too many rolls.

Great acting and directing though, i'll give it that. Just my opinion.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 61
RE: Drive - 17/7/2012 8:46:17 AM   
TragicRomantic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebron James

A very bland story line, you don't really get involved / emotionally connected to too many rolls.

Great acting and directing though, i'll give it that. Just my opinion.

Respectfully,how can you laud great acting yet say you weren't connected to it?

Life,love and film-enjoy all like fine wine
Silence the doubters
Embrace the lovers
Ignore the haters

(in reply to Lebron James)
Post #: 62
RE: Drive - 17/7/2012 11:34:55 PM   
BadJoke

Brilliant movie! There wasn't much dialogue, and there was so many dramatic silences, but it worked for the movie. It made it more intense, rather than the script just at a loss of words. The acting was fabulous. Wasn't the most predictable movie which I liked, since it has that roll with the characters feeling to it. Instead of just introducing the characters and jumping into the plot and action like most movies, you constantly saw them evolving with the plot and you don't have a lot of background so its a very "now" film. There wasn't anything to critique it on really. Loved the scene where she just slaps him, actually scared me a bit, didn't see it coming.

(in reply to TragicRomantic)
Post #: 63
RE: Drive - 17/7/2012 11:52:22 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

I didn't think this was that brilliant when I watched it. I thought it was great, but not brilliant. But then for about two weeks afterwards I just couldn't get it out of my head. I can't remember the last time a film got under my skin that much, so it's now elevated to 'brilliant'. I did think the violence was a little masturbatory on the director's part and took me out of the film for those moments - it just feels like you're watching a student film or one of Peter Jackson's early flicks - but those two brief moments aside I'm starting to think it's a masterful film.

(in reply to BadJoke)
Post #: 64
RE: Drive - 18/7/2012 8:56:03 AM   
Sutty

Really enjoyed this movie. It is a lot different to a lot of other movies out there in terms of tone, feel and asthetic.
Has a dream like quality to it. And I loved the retro feel and soundtrack. It is certainly a film that sticks with you long after the credits roll. Looking forward to Winding-Refn and Goslings next couple of flicks together. Interesting partnership.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 65
RE: Drive - 4/8/2012 12:19:46 AM   
MartinBlank76

Its amazing how one of the songs from the soundtrack comes on, and I am instantly transported back into how great the film was, its atmosphere, story, characters, actors, its location, everything that makes it up.

The first three songs on the soundtrack (nightcall, under your spell, a real hero) may be the most evocative, for me, in movie soundtrack history (lofty statement I know, but it seems to work)...

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 66
RE: Drive - 4/8/2012 4:01:47 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebron James

A very bland story line, you don't really get involved / emotionally connected to too many rolls.Great acting and directing though, i'll give it that. Just my opinion.

But I think it is a simple plot because it is basically playing tribute to a certain kind of action movie genre also because the way the film leaves you is very open ended and up to the viewer to draw their own conclusions. On the card thing I agree but I see it as a good thing because part of the point is that his character is almost machine like and the world of the film is very cold and uneasy.

Really need to buy that damn soundtrack now!

(in reply to Lebron James)
Post #: 67
RE: Drive - 12/8/2012 6:08:28 PM   
vad3r

It's my favourite film.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 68
RE: Drive - 1/9/2012 11:56:32 PM   
max314

A flawless genre piece drenched in a hypnotic electric pink and blue '80s ambiance.

★★★★★

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 69
RE: Drive - 5/11/2012 4:51:49 PM   
Timon

Does anyone know the special feature differences between the BD and the DVD?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 70
RE: Drive - 9/11/2012 2:11:15 PM   
Titanm21

I highly recommend the two books as well

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 71
RE: Drive - 12/1/2013 9:30:34 PM   
Sean1

Watched Drive for the first time last week........and again a couple of days later!

Great film! Ryan Gosling was outstanding. My first experience of his work and i'm seriously impressed.

Coolest film I've seen for ages. The satin scorpion jacket has been ordered! Will i be able to carry it off?........I'm quietly confident

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Drive Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI