Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Crazy, Stupid, Love Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crazy, Stupid, Love - 23/9/2011 9:14:12 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
This Ain't No Chick Flick This Is A Mans Flick A Chick ... - 23/9/2011 9:14:13 PM   
Bighousewill

And Ryan Gosling is the man! Brilliant film nice twist on the romance love story genre. Wow its been a great week at the cinema so much good films out.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: This Ain't No Chick Flick This Is A Mans Flick A Ch... - 24/9/2011 6:48:13 PM   
thetruth

Agree,this is brilliant.
No run of the mill rom-com here.Itīs a bit like the Squid and the Whale,but a bit more whimsical.
A great cast,but for me Carrell holds it all together.He does his usual comic role,but adds this great believability and humanity to a guy who really had his misery coming to him.
Really enjoyed this-4 stars.Indeed,a great couple of weeks in the cinema.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Bighousewill)
Post #: 3
Crazy, Stupid, Love. Review - 28/9/2011 11:39:19 PM   
Edward9630

Crazy, Stupid, Love. is a very good film. It has a great story, great cast and alot of funny scenes in the film. There's a scene in the film where Jacob (Ryan Gosling) and Hannah (Emma Stone) are about to have sex and the things that go on before they do it, is just absolutely hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. My really only complaint about this film is the first word in the title 'CRAZY', there's not really any crazy things in the film which made me disappointed. But Overall this is just a really funny film, definitely in my top 5 favourite comedy films of the year! I would recommend to go see this film.

Post #: 4
RE: Crazy, Stupid, Love. Review - 3/10/2011 9:57:47 AM   
rick_7

CINEMA: Crazy, Stupid, Love (Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, 2011) - I really enjoyed this. Don't be put off by the terrible title, it's probably the best mainstream romantic comedy since Just Like Heaven (shut up, you are wrong): funny, romantic, surprising and with a knockout performance by the mighty Ryan Gosling as a womanising slickster who decides to teach the cuckolded Steve Carell - also excellent - how to pick up girls. Is there anything Gosling can't do? Apparently not. (3.5)

< Message edited by rick_7 -- 3/10/2011 10:00:34 AM >

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to Edward9630)
Post #: 5
surprisingly good! - 8/10/2011 11:17:12 AM   
Swedle

sweet but not too predictable plot, ACTUAL HUMOUR, not seen that in a rom-com for a while, and of course, who would say no to ryan gosling with no shirt on?
a must see if you want cheering up!

Post #: 6
Brilliant. - 9/12/2011 2:16:29 AM   
Coyleone

I enjoyed this so much. One of my favourite films of the year, and a genuine treat. I saw the title and thought 'oh no, here we go again', but I am so glad to be proven wrong. It's hilarious in parts and never fails to deliver laughs throughout. Gosling is brilliant as always, but I have to agree that carrell is the star, maybe his best performance ever. It's cool, funny, sad, uplifting and pretty damn beautiful. A tear was nearly shed, i have to say.

Post #: 7
Wonderful Crazy Stupid Love - 23/2/2012 10:26:10 PM   
lynnshep

Funny, sweet, romantic, touching. This twist is a lttle obvious, but the whole thing is well written and well acted.

Post #: 8
Wonderful Crazy Stupid Love - 23/2/2012 10:26:11 PM   
lynnshep

Funny, sweet, romantic, touching. This twist is a lttle obvious, but the whole thing is well written and well acted.

Post #: 9
- 1/3/2012 12:30:02 AM   
ARmy2510

Naked photos for 13yo kid? Srly?... Great movie but final is a shame.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Crazy, Stupid, Love Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI