Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Patty Jenkins May Tackle Thor 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Patty Jenkins May Tackle Thor 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patty Jenkins May Tackle Thor 2 - 23/9/2011 11:04:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Did not see this coming - 23/9/2011 11:04:23 AM   
MusicLovesYou

But fair play, Marvel's previous choices have all been pretty much spot on (can't wait to see what Shane Black does with Iron Man 3!) and Monster is a class film. Also, isn't Drew Goddard a scriptwriter by trade?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
The lack of special effects experience is... - 23/9/2011 11:49:39 AM   
partybee

a bit of a concern. That and the set design are the things that need improving in the sequel, in my opinion. Not that they were dreadful in Thor but things looked a tad plastic and the fights could have done with being a little grittier.

Post #: 3
so Thor in 2011, 2012 and 2013? - 23/9/2011 12:37:44 PM   
jackcarter

wont audiences be Thored out by Thor 2?

Post #: 4
Something gotta change - 23/9/2011 1:23:11 PM   
ericcoyle

Well, it can't be any worse than the first one and every director has to start some where with special effects. Brannagh hadn't used anything that extensive before and obviously made a complete hash of it. The effects looked cheap and fake and were poorly used throughout. The set design and some of the acting (you know who I'm talking about Warriors Three and Sif) was woeful and the action finish was terribly unenvolving. Getting an actors director, who does not only work with Shakespear, is a good move. I hope they get it right this time.

Post #: 5
FX Don't matter... - 24/9/2011 9:33:43 PM   
Nicky C

A director gets a technical team of hundreds to deal with that. What's more concerning is an audience that knows so little about story that they dare judge a director on FX experience. Grow up! Personally, I say Go Patty!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Patty Jenkins May Tackle Thor 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI