Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Dragon Tattoo Trailer Lands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Dragon Tattoo Trailer Lands Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Dragon Tattoo Trailer Lands - 22/9/2011 9:56:54 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Too much - 22/9/2011 9:56:54 AM   
joobeez

Trailer looks great but it's like a youtube video of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in 2 minutes.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I heartily agree - 22/9/2011 10:17:53 AM   
Mycroft3

If you know the story, the trailer is very reassuring. Fincher has captured the look, the atmosphere of the book. The casting seems spot on. If you don't know the story... well, you do now.

Post #: 3
RE: I heartily agree - 22/9/2011 11:49:27 AM   
paul_ie86

It hasn't really gotten me excited for this film. My first thought was the serial killer trappings of Se7en with the visuals of The Social Network

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Mycroft3)
Post #: 4
swedish accent? - 22/9/2011 12:51:24 PM   
kirk

So is it me? or does everyone have a swedish accent in it. Bar mr craig?
Maybe im wrong, but he sounds like the only one doing his normal gruff bond....

Post #: 5
NIN - 22/9/2011 1:00:50 PM   
JDFreeman

So that was a good nine inch nails music video

Post #: 6
RE: I heartily agree - 22/9/2011 1:12:06 PM   
Gazme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft3

If you know the story, the trailer is very reassuring. Fincher has captured the look, the atmosphere of the book. The casting seems spot on. If you don't know the story... well, you do now.

Hit the nail on the head. Looks the perfect adaptation of the book to me...Armansky is a lot younger than I imagined him though :)

Swedish version was...incredibly disappointing. It missed out far too much of the investigative mystery stuff...this looks to have it back in and it looks immense. Really hoping they include all the missed out stuff with Cecilia that was gone from the first film though...judging by wigged up London Salander theyve at least got that bit of the story a lot more involved.

Cant wait.

(in reply to Mycroft3)
Post #: 7
Underwhelming - 22/9/2011 1:23:49 PM   
Rusty James

The original was my favourite film last year so I was really looking forward to this. Unfortunately it's now looking more and more like a remake than a fresh interpretation of the novel.

Post #: 8
Good but... - 22/9/2011 3:30:52 PM   
samshepherd

... "I want you to help me find a killer of women" as if this could have happened:
"I want you to help me find a killer."
"Oh, well since they probably are male and probably killed males I have exactly no interest and there is nothing you can now say to possibly change my mind."
"Dammit."

Post #: 9
best part of my day - 22/9/2011 3:38:52 PM   
bill the butcher

i fuckin love her accent

stellan looks very creepy

this trailer is amazing

Post #: 10
Too Long!! - 22/9/2011 4:00:50 PM   
dazmurphy

Trailer too long, too much plot revealed...but still can't wait to check Fincher's visual take on it...

Post #: 11
Poor casting - 22/9/2011 4:40:56 PM   
sheeds

While im sure Fincher will do a decent job with this, i cant help but worry about Craig in the lead. He just doesnt seem to match the tone of the setting, or the personality of the character. Maybe anyone who hasnt read the book wont have an issue with this, but surely someone like Stellan Skarsgard wouldve been a better Blomkvist?

Post #: 12
RE: Good but... - 22/9/2011 5:18:42 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: samshepherd

... "I want you to help me find a killer of women" as if this could have happened:
"I want you to help me find a killer."
"Oh, well since they probably are male and probably killed males I have exactly no interest and there is nothing you can now say to possibly change my mind."
"Dammit."

Yea, well done for missing the point

'Minor spoilers'
The whole book is about male violence against women. The fact that there is a serial killer targeting women is a major plot point

Trailer had a bit too much exposition in it, but still looking forward to the film

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 22/9/2011 5:21:38 PM >

(in reply to samshepherd)
Post #: 13
- 22/9/2011 5:33:17 PM   
Aapie

@Sam shepherd, the killer of women comment is an integral part of how he gets her to help him. So it is literally, "men killing men? Who cares."

Post #: 14
Pretty much the entire film in just under 4 minutes - 22/9/2011 7:05:30 PM   
fish that roared

For anyone who has seen the original or read the book you'll have spotted scenes from pretty much the entire book, and as much as I would love to say I'm impressed by what he's done, its more or less exactly the same movie as the original. Pity.

Post #: 15
Don't watch this ! - 22/9/2011 8:24:12 PM   
bryanbotsareli

I haven't seen or read the original films or books because I knew this was coming out but after 2 mins in ou find that its giving a lot of the plot away I turned it off imediately ! Thanks Empy !

Post #: 16
RE: Don't watch this ! - 22/9/2011 8:38:38 PM   
Rgirvan44

I think this looks fantastic. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to bryanbotsareli)
Post #: 17
a waste of Fincher - 22/9/2011 8:41:56 PM   
paddyfruit

ofcourse this film will be impecably produced and great to look at and enjoy as are all fincher's outings but i can't see past thinking this is a complete waste of his talent. The originals are highly entertaining and brilliantly acted. This can only be an attempt to get on the band wagon of a great story/book and make some more cash. I am not against remakes if they are vastly improved but this is rarely the case.

Post #: 18
The Girl With No Eyebrows - 22/9/2011 9:32:36 PM   
BenTramer

Haven't read any of the books or seen the originals and this trailer doesn't really make me want to see the remake.

Post #: 19
- 22/9/2011 9:51:25 PM   
LSJShez

They've gone on record as saying the swedish version was boiled down plot wise, and this one's going to be more detailed; but I'm not seeing anything really in this trailer, that I didn't see in the original movie.
I've got faith in Fincher. And anything with Julian Sands has got to have some good perversity to it - He's up there with Kevin Bacon and James Spader.

Post #: 20
RE: swedish accent? - 22/9/2011 10:03:31 PM   
Bubba76

Couldn't agree more! He says his Swedish name with a Swedish twang... and then carries on in his Bond gruff! Bonkers!

(in reply to kirk)
Post #: 21
Looks very promising! - 23/9/2011 6:08:31 AM   
kielerkai

Looks like it'll be great.

Post #: 22
Most Faitful Adaptation Is Not Always The Best Film - 23/9/2011 8:16:23 AM   
ashkam

I've read the trilogy and own the Swedish Blu-rays and was excited to see what one of the best screenwriters and one of the most ambitious directors could make of this story... Not excited at all to be honest.

All of the Fincher fanboys keep talking about this alleged new ending and endlessly refer to Fincher's CV but there's nothing fresh thus far for me. Please forgive my pessimism but Rooney Mara just looks like she's doing her best Noomi Rapace impression. Not everyone likes the 2009 version but I find it hard to believe people who say that this trailer looks very different. The cinematography and Reznor/Ross' score will be sensational but I can't help but think that this is a missed opportunity. Yes, people who have no knowledge of the 2009 adaptations will be frothing at the mouth over this trailer but there is nothing artistically relevant with this new adaptation (which I can see thus far).

Dare I say this but I think I would have been more excited if they full on Americanised it and set the movie in Seattle. If Zaillian forfeited the socio-cultural context of Sweden and focused on interpreting and adapting the characters and the character dynamics for screen at least we would have something which looks fresh and exciting. Let's remember that Blade Runner is a great movie and is not the most faithful adaptation of a novel.

(in reply to kielerkai)
Post #: 23
WHATS THE POINT - 23/9/2011 10:37:25 AM   
kevy85

Really dont see the point in this film, It looks like a shot for shot remake.

Post #: 24
- 23/9/2011 12:26:01 PM   
kisswithatear

They seem to have developed some of the story lines from the original. There are a lot more flashbacks it seems, which seems a bit much considering the original didn't waste a scene. It just feels like there's too many ideas flying around, not sure how they're going to fit it all in unless the film is going to go LOTR and be three hours... I'll still watch it. But will pine for Noomi Rapace throughout.

Post #: 25
Looks much better - 23/9/2011 5:46:27 PM   
JakeLabz

Normally I'm not a fan of Hollywood re-makes but.. I read the book first and loved it, when I saw the Swedish film however I was really disappointed. It misses out huge chunks of the plot and the whole investigation is all but skipped over.
This trailer on it's own is probably closer to the book than the entire original film, I think it looks like this could be the film the original never was. I for one am quite excited about this.

Post #: 26
Missing? - 24/9/2011 3:02:23 PM   
kashogie44

Cant understand the comment,s regarding " everything missing " from the Swedish version.So what will this one leave out ?

Post #: 27
Missing? - 24/9/2011 3:03:01 PM   
kashogie44

Cant understand the comment,s regarding " everything missing " from the Swedish version.So what will this one leave out ?

Post #: 28
Missing? - 24/9/2011 3:03:36 PM   
kashogie44

Post #: 29
hard act to follow - 25/9/2011 8:20:05 PM   
colin anthony

i read the girl books before i saw the swedish versions of the films,and in your mind's eye you imagine the characters,noomi rapace and michael nyqvist captured the the characters brilliantly and the new blu-ray versions fill some of the parts that some may have thought detracted from the movie,i admire mr fincher's work but to better the original, he, mr craig and rooney mara will have to be at the top of their game i look forward to seeing it

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Dragon Tattoo Trailer Lands Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI