Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Raid

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Raid Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Raid - 17/4/2012 3:25:42 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

*Coughs* Pub? *Coughs*.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 61
RE: The Raid - 19/4/2012 2:58:57 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

ONLY ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Art

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 62
RE: The Raid - 19/4/2012 11:36:44 AM   
talpacino

The Raid is sooo last February.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 63
RE: The Raid - 19/4/2012 9:09:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Holy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXd_5B6rKjw&feature=player_embedded

Having now seen the full film I believe my my first comment sums up my review.

Sorry I didn't you see you guys - I made a bee line for the bathroom after the film (came in straight from work) so you must have left before I came back out.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 64
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 1:00:59 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Holy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXd_5B6rKjw&feature=player_embedded

Having now seen the full film I believe my my first comment sums up my review.

Sorry I didn't you see you guys - I made a bee line for the bathroom after the film (came in straight from work) so you must have left before I came back out.

Yeah we didn't see you there, was a packed screening though.

Basically all the hype is right on the money, its the most kick-ass film this year.

SPOILERS

The final three way fight is epic beyond belief.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 20/4/2012 1:14:08 AM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 65
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 1:28:05 AM   
MonsterCat

Spaldron and Girv, I just wanted you to know that I hate you both so very much. Pair of jammy gits.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 66
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 1:50:43 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Ahem, hem... I too had the privilage of seeing The Raid tonight and man alive it didn't disappoint! I was glued to my seat from start to finish and was absolutely spellbound by the awesome martial arts scenes, WOW! I really want to go back and get my black belt now thank you please.

Girv, didn't see you dude either but hope you enjoyed the film. The screening wasn't as busy as I anticipated however but it still received a pretty good turn out. I'd like to go back and see this again when it's officially out. 4/5

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 20/4/2012 1:53:11 AM >

Art

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 67
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 1:59:29 AM   
MonsterCat

Has it been rated yet? Are we talking a really full on 18 certificate blood bath of a film?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 68
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 2:02:28 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Don't think so. That was just my cheeky little one I thought I'd sneak in there.

*Coughs* As you were *Coughs*.

Art

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 69
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 6:19:21 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Has it been rated yet? Are we talking a really full on 18 certificate blood bath of a film?

It's been a while since I've seen it but I reckon it would be an 18 cert. Actually, I don't remember it lingering too long on anything, just a lot of short, sharp bursts of violence so it may sneak under.

EDIT: No it has to be 18s.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 20/4/2012 6:30:01 AM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 70
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 9:20:59 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Ahem, hem... I too had the privilage of seeing The Raid tonight and man alive it didn't disappoint! I was glued to my seat from start to finish and was absolutely spellbound by the awesome martial arts scenes, WOW! I really want to go back and get my black belt now thank you please.

Girv, didn't see you dude either but hope you enjoyed the film. The screening wasn't as busy as I anticipated however but it still received a pretty good turn out. I'd like to go back and see this again when it's officially out. 4/5

If it wasn't packed out I'll be pissed - I was told there were no tickets left!

Post #: 71
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 9:40:18 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

There were definitely seats left and although it was full enough, I certainly wouldn't have thought it was sold out. When they offically release it however, word will probably have gotten around how immense it is and it may well be properly sold out then.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 20/4/2012 9:41:10 PM >

Art

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 72
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 9:50:14 PM   
Whistler

A few people must've just not shown then, 'cause when I tried to book I was told it was completely sold out. Damn them.

Post #: 73
RE: The Raid - 20/4/2012 11:34:01 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

A few people must've just not shown then, 'cause when I tried to book I was told it was completely sold out. Damn them.

Tbh there were only a handful of seats empty and plenty people turned up late. Also I saw a couple leave about 30 mins into it, clearly ass-kicking martial arts weren't their thing.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 74
RE: The Raid - 6/5/2012 8:52:55 AM   
Sutty

This. Looks. Awesome...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 75
RE: The Raid - 6/5/2012 11:36:06 AM   
film man aidy

Some of the Showcase chain have previews for this tonight only. Would love to go, but my other half doesn't fancy it. :-(  Oh, well, will just have to wait another week or so...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 76
RE: The Raid - 9/5/2012 9:39:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

Cannot.Wait.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 77
RE: The Raid - 10/5/2012 7:42:22 PM   
iluvdvds321

Not long left until the film is out nationwide (18th May)! It's been getting so many fantastic reviews -
quote:

"The Raid is stunning, almost overwhelming. Itís the most exhausting, high-energy film Iíve seen in years, and if there is any justice in the world itíll set a new template for action movies Ė though itís doubtful any Hollywood star vehicle could pack this much punch. Unmissable."
- http://www.strangethingsarehappening.com/raid.html

Check out all the UK times here - http://www.facebook.com/TheRaidUK/app_220548648058963

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 78
RE: The Raid - 11/5/2012 11:00:33 AM   
Kez

How did you manage to see this film? And where?!

I have found that it is not getting a UK-wide cinema release...instead it will be shown in just four cinemas, all in South Wales; Swansea, Cardiff, Merthyr and Cwmbran.

Am I missing something? I know the director is from Merthyr, so I can understand them showing it there, but why not in more locations?

Am I really going to have to go on a big road trip to see this film??

I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness.

(in reply to iluvdvds321)
Post #: 79
RE: The Raid - 11/5/2012 11:03:52 AM   
iluvdvds321

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kez

I have found that it is not getting a UK-wide cinema release...instead it will be shown in just four cinemas, all in South Wales; Swansea, Cardiff, Merthyr and Cwmbran.

Am I missing something? I know the director is from Merthyr, so I can understand them showing it there, but why not in more locations?

Nope! Fear not Kez, the film is now going to be shown nationwide in over 280 across the UK. Take a look here for all the details - http://www.totalfanhub.com/the-raid/blog/the-raid-will-explode-in-over-280-cinemas-across-t/ - so you can see the film on the big screen. Horray!

(in reply to Kez)
Post #: 80
RE: The Raid - 11/5/2012 6:48:54 PM   
Kez

quote:

ORIGINAL: iluvdvds321

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kez

Nope! Fear not Kez, the film is now going to be shown nationwide in over 280 across the UK. Take a look here for all the details - http://www.totalfanhub.com/the-raid/blog/the-raid-will-explode-in-over-280-cinemas-across-t/ - so you can see the film on the big screen. Horray!

Thanks for the link! That really got my hopes up for a second...

Unfortunately though it seems that the information contained on that website is just a list of cinemas, sorted by cinema chain, with a link to the web page of each cinema. I have been through all of the cinema chains listed on http://www.totalfanhub.com/the-raid/blog/the-raid-will-explode-in-over-280-cinemas-across-t/ , checking their individual websites in the process, and have found that only a handful are showing the film.

*Apollo Cinemas have 14 cinemas around the country, they are only showing it at one; Camarthen (South Wales), and it appears that it will be just one showing on Wednesday 16th May (http://www.apollocinemas.com/index.aspx)

*Cineworld cinemas have 78 cinemas in the UK, and none of them will be showing the film from 18th May. However, there is a 'Welsh Premiere Event', where a screening will be shown on Wednesday 16th May at Llandudno and Newport (both in South Wales) but they are only getting the film for the one showing on the 16th! They are not showing it form the 18th May. (http://www.cineworld.co.uk/)

*Empire cinemas appear not to be showing it at any of their 16 cinemas (http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/)

*Odeon are only showing it in 3 cinemas, all in South Wales! (http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/m13933/The_Raid/)

*Showcase cinemas are only showing it in Cardiff (out of 21 cinemas) (http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/films/the-raid-redemption-serbuan-maut)

*Vue are only showing it in 4 cinemas, all in South Wales (Cardiff, Swanseas, Merthyr & Cwmbran) (http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/film/the-raid)

That then leaves the Independant Cinemas:

*It is showing at The Tricycle in London
*It does not appear to be showing at The Ambassador Woking (although their listings only go up to the 17th May, a day before the release date)
*It does not appear to be showing at the Light Cinema New Brighton at all
*It is showing at the National Media Museum Bradford
*It does not appear to be showing at the Parkway Cleethorpes (although their listings only go up to the 17th May, a day before the release date)
*It is showing at the Showroom Sheffield
*It is showing at the Watershed Bristol

So, according to the information posted on their websites, it appears that The Raid will be showing in a grand total of just 14 cinemas around the country, not 280! Looks like I will have to google the closest one, and make a road trip out of it... I really hope it is worth the effort!!!

***I searched each cinema's website checking the "coming soon" or "advanced book" sections where available, or selecting a cinema and The Raid from drop down boxes, which usually appeared on the right hand side of each page. ***

< Message edited by Kez -- 11/5/2012 6:55:31 PM >

I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness.

(in reply to iluvdvds321)
Post #: 81
RE: The Raid - 14/5/2012 5:00:07 PM   
Whistler

Ticket booked for tomorrow night.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 82
RE: The Raid - 18/5/2012 1:34:23 PM   
Skillgannon

Hoping the get the 7pm showing on Sunday In Tunbridge Wells (Odeon)

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 83
RE: The Raid - 21/5/2012 8:36:45 AM   
Skillgannon

Got the showing I wanted. Only about 20 people in the cinema.

Great film. To sum it up in one word: Brutal

well worth seeing

(in reply to Skillgannon)
Post #: 84
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Raid Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI